Retain Gunn

[font=times new roman]With the addition of football almost 18 months away there is much to hope for in becoming something greater. However, in an atmosphere of 365 days a year of rumors on conference realignment, it doesn’t seem like there is much we can change. But there is….[/font]

[font=times new roman]We can change the mindset. [/font]

[font=times new roman]We have been successful in coaching hires when the BCS conferences come along with their checkbooks, but it’s time that we as a program did our best to end being a stepping stone.[/font]
[font=times new roman]For the program to go forward, all success needs to be rewarded. Rewards retain coaches.[/font]

[font=times new roman]That’s why I am asking you to join me in the first grassroots moneybomb starting tonight at midnight until 6 PM on Friday afternoon when the men’s team faces off in the college cup.[/font]

[font=times new roman]The easiest way to give:[/font]
[font=times new roman]https://giving.uncc.edu/unc-charlotte-giving/giving-page[/font]

[font=times new roman]Select Athletics and go to the next page. After your donation amount is entered proceed to the next step. You can state that your Gift is in honor of: Coach Gunn, Men’s Soccer, Soccer, etc.[/font]

[font=times new roman]Make sure to fill in your personal information to get priority points.[/font]

[font=times new roman]Gifts small and large are appreciated. There is no goal involved. This is simply a nice gesture and a hope to build something to possibly do this again for similar situations.[/font]

[font=times new roman]Some of the best things this program has have stemmed from this board. I hope you join me.[/font]

[font=times new roman]Go niners![/font]

It is a wonderful idea. Done.

can GTG make a blog post similar to this so it can be shared externally?

It’s a wonderful idea except, if the BCS calls, we can’t raise 1/100th of what their bid is over our bid.

All we can hope is Gunn doesn’t care about $.

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:4, topic:25993”]It’s a wonderful idea except, if the BCS calls, we can’t raise 1/100th of what their bid is over our bid.

All we can hope is Gunn doesn’t care about $.[/quote]

Exaggerate much?

As an advocate for 2nd Amendment rights, I can really support retaining Gunns!

GTG will get behind this, no worries!

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:6, topic:25993”]As an advocate for 2nd Amendment rights, I can really support retaining Gunns![/quote] LOL. We could take the other side and be for Gunn control, as in controlling Gunn and keeping him here.

Gunn control? You mean having good form and aim? :stuck_out_tongue:

Either way, its about keeping Gunn.

Great idea! I’m all in!

Bump

/action just donated to the cause

donated to the cause.

hope you joing the cause.

Please consider rewarding the soccer program for its success.

Anybody else have problems with donating, or does the CA interwebs just not talk to the NC interwebs?

i had some problems. had to select “select a group to give” which i didn’t have to do yesterday.

Then, my email address has a “.” in it, and it didn’t like that.

got through though.

Moneybomb ends at 6 EST today.

Should have probably better explained this originally, but the goal of this wasn’t to get you to donate $100 to get priority points (though you could).

I was more interested in individuals giving a small piece. This thread has had 470 views. Assuming duplicates x4, that means we’ve had about 100-120 differenct viewers.

If every person who viewed donated an average of $10, that is a $1000-1200 donation.

That is a sizeable action by this board in my opinoin.

Go Niners!

I like this - it’s participation that counts, not just $$$.

I had some trouble, but kept at it and it finally went through.

[quote=“NLP, post:14, topic:25993”]Please consider rewarding the soccer program for its success.[/quote]NLP, why the photo of Jeff Mullins but a quote from Hal Wissel in your signature? Wissel killed our program and Mullins resurrected it. I think the only time you put those two names together is if you are pointing that out.

:-X