REVERSE THE CURSE!

The sign that said “We Forgive You, Bill Buckner” said it all. What a great MLB postseason.

I never thought I’d see the day. I feel sorry for the poor Sox fans who have died in the last year, they were so close. The Babe finally set us free.
I wonder how long the curse of AROD will hang over the Yankees.

Now my 84 year old grandfather can say he lived a full life.

Was it just me or was that an incredibly boring world series? The Cardinals never even had a lead in any of the games. I guess it had a lot to live up to after the ALCS, but I had a hard time staying awake for the last 4 games. -_-

In the context of the ALCS though, it was a good world series. Standing alone, not as much. But those 4 games of the ACLS… will it ever get any better? Ever?

I guess only if the Cubs were to come back in the WS down 3 games against the Yankees in the future.

[b]The sign that said "We Forgive You, Bill Buckner" said it all. [/b]

Real Red Sox fans had no reason to forgive him, for the real fans never condemned him for making the error. Your typical bandwagon fans are now suddenly ready to “forgive” him because they now have won the World Series which releases him from his assumed culpability? Give me a break. Bill Buckner needs to tell these Sox fans to kiss his @$$!!!

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Oct 28 2004, 02:57 PM [b]
[b]The sign that said "We Forgive You, Bill Buckner" said it all. [/b]

Real Red Sox fans had no reason to forgive him, for the real fans never condemned him for making the error. Your typical bandwagon fans are now suddenly ready to “forgive” him because they now have won the World Series which releases him from his assumed culpability? Give me a break. Bill Buckner needs to tell these Sox fans to kiss his @$$!!! [/b]

I heard he basically did in an interview, He said that he will forgive them. I totally agree, everyone who has blamed Buckner is pathetic. Blame the manager, or the shitty pitcher, not Buckner. Besides, we had a chance to win it in game seven and didn’t get is done, just goes to show the 86 team lacked the heart of the 2004 team.

Let’s review the whole 86 World Series.

Calvin Schiraldi gave up three straight singles, one to his ex-minor league teammate, Kevin Mitchell. Mitchell later admitted that one night they joked about what Schiraldi would do if they faced each other. Fastball up and in, slider low and away.

Enter Bob “Steamer” Stanley. HOw Rich Gedman missed that ball I will never know.

Even if Buckner did get that ball, neither he or Bob Stanley were going to beat Mookie Wilson to first.

Schiraldi in a press conference after that game said “I really don’t deserve another chance.” Who did McNamara bring in from the pen in game 7? Schiraldi.

Buckner was signed again by the Sox and made the team in 1990. He got a standing O on opening day. He also hit an inside the park home run!!!

[i]Originally posted by Mike Niner Hunt[/i]@Oct 29 2004, 03:28 PM [b] Buckner was signed again by the Sox and made the team in 1990. He got a standing O on opening day. He also hit an inside the park home run!!!!!! [/b]
He also had a hit in his first at bat in game seven while listening to the "Billy" chant that the lame NY fans ripped off from the Fenway chant taunting Strawberry.

You are right, Bob Stanley blew that game by throwing a wild pitch with 2 outs and 2 strikes. He tied the game up. Buckner would have never made the play at first even if he fielded it cleanly.

Blaming Buckner is a sign of an uneducated fan.

Just got my World champs t-shirt and hat from my Aunt. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: