Rice Owls Game 1/31

Per ESPN BPI, we are favored to win!

We’re favored by 1.5

FWIW, Rice has only won once away from Houston this season - though they did get hosed in El Paso!

Noodles > rice

Link to Rice preview:

:flushed: No. Way.

I’m calling it. Two wins at home today and Saturday. :wink:

With Middle Tennessee knocking off co-leader UAB last night, we can’t afford many more losses if we want to avoid 13th or last place in the standings.

First game I have the opportunity to attend since Ok State looking forward to seeing another win. I know we’ve been struggling but we’re due a couple of dubs and these kids have been battling hard.

Looks like Rice frosh 6-7 SF Trey Murphy (8 ppg) from Durham (Cary Academy) has become their breakout player over the past three games with 18 pts vs both North Texas and Middle Tennessee and then 24 vs UAB. Shooting almost 45% on 3s.

If we win tonight…this brings up out of the bottom 2 right? Conference wins wise i think it will.

Sort of depends on what UTEP does. Niner W and Miner L would move us to 13th. Both win and we’re still in last. And, of course, a Niner L = last place too! Unfortunately, can’t escape the dreaded bottom two based on tonight’s results.

Can’t wait to watch one of my favorite people, Trey Murphy, play again. Great kid.

**image **

I love JD as a player but this loss is on him. He went cold in the last ten minutes. He even missed three out of four FT’s. A double dribble call in crunch time was also a killer.

Not sure who had the lane violation in the last minute when Rice missed the front end of a one and one but that boneheaded play was also a huge factor.

I saw ref motion number 2 so I think McGill who was behind 3 or Martin who was down low.

yeah well. We got chicken. Only 1 offensive rebound. That is all.

Too many minutes and too much responsibility are finally weighing on JD.

I’m fine with loss being on Davis. Win would have been on him too. How it goes.