Rice Postgame

Nice to see us finally pull out a close one, and not get swept by Rice (gulp!)

The box score has some symmetry to it:

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400591530

Thorne, Dorn, & Williams - 19 each
Henry & Ogbueze - 7 each
Woods & Benkovic - 3 each

Those are the only players who scored for us.

Rice guards Jackson and Mency combined for 41 points… OFF THE BENCH. I don’t think I have ever seen that before.

listened to last minute of game only.

Did Clayton play normal minutes and not have any shot attempts? The box score makes it look like we went didn’t play much of the bench

We won. We are AWESOME!!!

I bet we just earned a 5 seed in the NCAA Tourney, even if we do not win our conference tourney. It’s a great day to be a Niner.

I’m happy for twill.

It was Senior night so they didn’t start. That’s why they’re listed as coming off the bench. Both average about 30 minutes per game this season.

Offense is fine. Defense is horrendous. Not like that’s news though.

Glad to get a W.

[quote=“cibik02, post:2, topic:29443”]listened to last minute of game only.

Did Clayton play normal minutes and not have any shot attempts? The box score makes it look like we went didn’t play much of the bench[/quote]

Willie only played 8 minutes and committed two personal fouls. Ivan even had more minutes on the floor that Willie (11).

Pierria must have been in foul trouble…only 23 minutes and committed 4 personal fouls.

Non-starters had 4 FGA’s tonight, crazy.

If this was claytons sophmore year I’d say he may be a transfer in the off season. What’s the likelihood he would still transfer and sit a year for only 1 more year of eligibility? Who would have thought. One would think there’s more behind closed doors. Maybe attitude.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Blakely transfer.

Biggest take away: like all of our fans hate us.

Maybe not all, but like 95%.

Way to be!

[quote=“anipalcraig, post:10, topic:29443”]Biggest take away: All of our fans hate us.

Maybe not all, but like 99%.

Way to be.[/quote]

13-16 (6-10)

We suck. We are what our record says we are.

[quote=“cibik02, post:11, topic:29443”][quote=“anipalcraig, post:10, topic:29443”]Biggest take away: All of our fans hate us.

Maybe not all, but like 99%.

Way to be.[/quote]

13-16 (6-10)

We suck. We are what our record says we are.[/quote]

Can’t argue with that.

Facts are facts.

Thank you for reminding me of The Truth. I’d forgotten.

Go Niners.

[quote=“cibik02, post:9, topic:29443”]If this was claytons sophmore year I’d say he may be a transfer in the off season. What’s the likelihood he would still transfer and sit a year for only 1 more year of eligibility? Who would have thought. One would think there’s more behind closed doors. Maybe attitude.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Blakely transfer.[/quote]

Deuce Brisco transferred with 1 year left and that has led him to basketball riches according to his Tasmanian super fan. So as insane as it seems he could xfer. But I doubt it.

Blakely yes. I could see it. Hope not.

:slight_smile:

A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. Glad we avenged that terrible loss in Halton.

I’m happy for TWill.

[quote=“truninersfan, post:14, topic:29443”]:-)[/quote] Look at me, daddy. I’m smart!

Seriously, WE DON"T CARE

Me too. Believe me, I totally get that he can be frustrating to watch at times, and he definitely forced it some last night shooting when there was an easy pass to make…but he is having his best year by far as a senior (not to mention the best stretch of games I can ever remember him having recently), and he has more game winning shots than anyone on this team because he just never seems scared. That is a good thing and a bad thing.

I think he is also less than 80 pts away from being a 1,000 point scorer for us.

We were dead in the water again last night until Henry came alive and scored all 7 of his points in the last 2 mins (and a great block), Braxton played some great d (we actually stole the ball twice from them in the last 30 secs - only one counted due to the refs changing the call), and game winning shot by TW.

Still so frustrating to watch continue missed assignments on perimeter d and guys still not getting back on d. But, I guess those are things this team just isn’t going to learn this year.

[quote=“cibik02, post:9, topic:29443”]If this was claytons sophmore year I’d say he may be a transfer in the off season. What’s the likelihood he would still transfer and sit a year for only 1 more year of eligibility? Who would have thought. One would think there’s more behind closed doors. Maybe attitude.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Blakely transfer.[/quote]Cant believe its attitude, Free Throws most likely

[quote=“49erCC, post:19, topic:29443”][quote=“cibik02, post:9, topic:29443”]If this was claytons sophmore year I’d say he may be a transfer in the off season. What’s the likelihood he would still transfer and sit a year for only 1 more year of eligibility? Who would have thought. One would think there’s more behind closed doors. Maybe attitude.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Blakely transfer.[/quote]Cant believe its attitude, Free Throws most likely[/quote]

This.