Richmond rematch pre-game

[QUOTE=swilson47;296908]every game is a must win from here on out. unless we just plan to take the a10 tourny.[/QUOTE]

I doubt seriously that this team has six straight wins in it. My guess is 3-3 and we go into the tourney at 17-13. If we lose early, that doesn’t build a strong argument for an NIT bid. We HAVE to get hot in the A10 Tourney.

I won’t give up though. I’ve seen Lutz’s teams get hot before. I was at Birmingham in '99 and watched a young, underrated team led by Juco’s Galen Young, Kelvin Price, and sophmore Diego Gueverra win 4 games in 4 days. Coming into the tournament as a 5th seed, I would have never thunk it… but you gotta believe.

Koolaid anyone???

[QUOTE=MEGRNiner;296941] I was at Birmingham in '99 and watched a young, underrated team led by Juco’s Galen Young, Kelvin Price, and sophmore Diego Gueverra win 4 games in 4 days.[/QUOTE]
FWIW, Price was NOT a juco. He transferred to Charlotte from Southwestern Louisiana (now Louisiana at Lafayette).

[QUOTE=wayton5646;296681]must win[/QUOTE]

Yep. A month ago, we looked like a team that had a chance at an at-large NCAA bid… now, if we continue on our current track, there is a good chance we won’t even make the NIT. If we lose tonight, that will be 5 out of the last 6 and our RPI will be back to triple digits. This is a young team that everyone thought would improve as the season progressed and they had time to gel… we should be peaking right now. Another loss tonight and the “fire Lutz” crowd will be back in full force… not good news for a man trying to negotiate a contract extension.

We need to turn this thing around before it gets out of control… GO NINERS! :49ers:

The past 5 games have sucked so much excitement for the games out of me, I think I am happy this is on radio and limited video (CSTV.com, I think).

even the win vs. St. Bona wasn’t something to get excited about. I’m just tired of pissin’ away another February.

damn, I hate feeling this way about Niners basketball.

:sad:

Channelsurfing.net has our game listed for tonight. Hopefully it works… the Fordham game was listed as well but wouldn’t play for me.

http://channelsurfing.net/

A comment about our game from the A10 boards from a neutral perspective:

[QUOTE]Charlotte/Richmond’s a big one this week. I can’t believe we’re talking about Richmond in the bye discussion, but hey, they’ve played great ball. Still, this is one they could drop for sure. A loss brings them back to the pack, which is a place no one wants to be.[/QUOTE]