Ricky Council - 2014 Wing

6’4, 180lbs Wing from Northern High School in Durham.

Rivals - no stars

Scout - 2 star

ESPN - 3 star

247 - no stars

[font=Arial][/font]

[font=Arial][size=12px]6’3 2014 Ricky Council of Northern Durham HS in Durham, NC[/size][/font]
Council has been a regular of the NC Phenom Camp since he was a freshman and it has been an absolute joy watching the maturity and development of this young man. While Council is truly an “up and comer” with his rapidly improving game, he is also an excellent student and model citizen. Council was in attack mode from the opening whistle and continued his impressive performance throughout the day. He has gained strength and confidence over the years and his ability to aggressively attack the rim is impressive. He has a unique ability to finish with hard contact but also has the outside shooting touch to make the opposition respect his perimeter game. He is a tough competitor and was active on both ends of the court. While Council has been receiving interest from lower tier D1 programs, look for that to quickly change after a strong performance at the Dave Telep Carolina Challenge and the NC Phenom 150 camp. His stock is on the rise and now is the right time to make that investment.

Scouting videos:

http://vimeo.com/28203496

http://vimeo.com/43875306

I have seriously never seen a highlight video where a guy shoots 40% and misses free-throws and turns it over. This wasn’t really a highlight video at all, was it?

I only watched the first video, but he made every shot they showed, and a few assists. Nothing insanely crazy, though.

Edit: Nevermind, saw the second video, damn.

[quote=“49timesthelovin, post:3, topic:27718”]I have seriously never seen a highlight video where a guy shoots 40% and misses free-throws and turns it over. This wasn’t really a highlight video at all, was it?[/quote]Those are actually more Scouting videos by a recruiting service. I’ll update the verbiage.

RT @JamieShaw5: Ricky Council 6’4 G '14 #NorthernDurham both UNCC and Davidson are setting up times to catch a workout soon #GetLooks

Saw a Verbal Commits tweet that Elon had offered a 2020 SG Ricky Council of Southern Durham HS and the name rang a bell. Apparently the father - also Ricky Council - followed George Foreman’s lead and named all of his son’s after himself, thus Ricky II of this thread (originally Providence - now at UMBC), 2018 Ricky III, and 2020 Ricky IV.