RIP King of Pop

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;416014]Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson. Bad things come in threes.

RIP MJ. Bat**** crazy, but he was a phenomenal talent.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t count McMahon because it happened a few days ago. I agree that bad things come in threes. Watch for Patrick Swayze next.

[QUOTE=hootie;416052]One of, if not the most talented guy of my generation in the music biz, I would say Prince, but oh well.

But, he was a friggin freak. Tough to shed tears over this one. I have no doubt he was a pedophile (sp?) so it’s hard to get real sad.[/QUOTE]

You’re right, he’s nuts. But as a musician, songwriter and performer, he is one of my greatest inspirations. After Black or White he really started going off the deep end, and I won’t apologize for all that stupid stuff he did, but I also won’t apologize for still wearing out Thriller and Bad.

One of, if not the most talented guy of my generation in the music biz, I would say Prince, but oh well.

But, he was a friggin freak. Tough to shed tears over this one. I have no doubt he was a pedophile (sp?) so it’s hard to get real sad.

thats how I feel.

I love it when I’ve knocked a couple cold beverages down and “Billy Jean” or “Dont Stop Till You Get Enough” comes on the radio but the Michael Jackson I was a fan of has been dead for decades.

I'm sorry about McMahon & Fawcett, but I'm not weeping over a kid rapist.
this! :smile:
This again.

Why is it that someone has to die in order for MTV to show videos? Not to mention the pop stations are all of a sudden playing Michael Jackson. Nice to know they can put Lady Gaga and Nickelback on hold for a little bit.

[QUOTE=CPA_Niner;416064]Why is it that someone has to die in order for MTV to show videos? Not to mention the pop stations are all of a sudden playing Michael Jackson. Nice to know they can put Lady Gaga and Nickelback on hold for a little bit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he was a superstar for a reason, sad that lately it’s been because his life is in shambles.

Why is it those that are by far the most talented have such significant character flaws? His no doubt dwarf most other super talented people, but it is just such a common occurrence.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;416071]Why is it those that are by far the most talented have such significant character flaws? His no doubt dwarf most other super talented people, but it is just such a common occurrence.[/QUOTE]

genius springs from insanity.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;416060]You’re right, he’s nuts. But as a musician, songwriter and performer, he is one of my greatest inspirations. After Black or White he really started going off the deep end, and I won’t apologize for all that stupid stuff he did, but I also won’t apologize for still wearing out Thriller and Bad.[/QUOTE]

No need to apologize for appreciating talent. The dude was a talent- but like Metro posted, the guy that inspired you died years ago.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;416073]genius springs from insanity.[/QUOTE]

Not according to Hitler…

Despite all the negatives lately, it still sucks he passed at such an age and so suddenly.

You're right, he's nuts. But as a musician, songwriter and performer, he is one of my greatest inspirations. After Black or White he really started going off the deep end, and I won't apologize for all that stupid stuff he did, but I also won't apologize for still wearing out Thriller and Bad.

This.

If you write catchy tunes, I guess people will forgive you for raping children…

Damn people. Michael didn’t do anything bad to any little kids. I guarantee it.

RIP Mike

Damn people. Michael didn't do anything bad to any little kids. I guarantee it.

RIP Mike

I dont think he did either, some of the guests on larry king tonight gave me a new outlook on that stuff. I wasnt alive or aware for the hayday of his career, but we are all still witnessing his influence.

rip mike

If you write catchy tunes, I guess people will forgive you for raping children...

Well yea…I mean…have you heard thriller?

I have to agree- I did a 180 on the kids thing by the time that was over- I went from thinking he was guilty as hell to thinking he didn’t do anything- from what I’ve heard about the guy a lot of his craziness can be attributed to his early life, but I don’t know the full story

[QUOTE=eason49;416112]If you write catchy tunes, I guess people will forgive you for raping children…[/QUOTE]

I don’t think anybody is forgiving him for doing something he wasn’t convicted of. I guess most are trying to seperate the music from all the other stuff. Although not possible for some, that’s what I’m trying to do. I grew up with Thriller/Bad, etc and still remember being scared crapless by the Thriller video when I was little. Even today, if an old school Michael Jackson song comes on the radio I’ll listen. Maybe its nostalgia or maybe it’s because I think most modern music sucks, I don’t know. I do know there isn’t another MJ out there music wise. For some, that’s probably a good thing.

Damn people. Michael didn't do anything bad to any little kids. [U][B]I guarantee it.[/B][/U]

RIP Mike

what a dumb thing to say

its proven he has sleepovers in his bed with kids, its not proven he touched them. Then again most rapes are not provable- guess they did not happen either

read his testimony, he said he “liked to read them stories and give them milk and tuck them in”

America is so F’d up that if you have entertaining or athletic ability, millions of idiots will adore you no matter what you do.

Just a little love for [I]Off The Wall[/I], the album everyone always forgets. It’s a pretty good record.

This makes me feel really, really old. Also seems surreal.