rivals.com Top 64 Countdown

Rivals has begun its “Top 64 Countdown” and Fordham comes in at #63. They see the Rams as an NIT team and maybe more if Sebastian Greene can step up his contribution on scoring and rebounding.

Link: Rivals.com Preseason Top 64

1. Drexel Dragons

2. Fordham Rams

Link: #63 Fordham

1. Minnesota Gophers

2. Brigham Young Cougars

Does anyone think we’re in it? I think we have potential to be top 50ish this year but I doubt we would be picked top 64. [I](I’m not trying to invalidate this thread; just commenting on our possible role in the top 64)[/I]

[QUOTE=lutz9er;253036]Does anyone think we’re in it? I think we have potential to be top 50ish this year but I doubt we would be picked top 64. [I](I’m not trying to invalidate this thread; just commenting on our possible role in the top 64)[/I][/QUOTE]
Definitely top 15 material…

10 years ago, there would be no doubt we were in this

thanks A10

[QUOTE=metro;253064]10 years ago, there would be no doubt we were in this

thanks A10[/QUOTE]

10 years ago? How about the first year in the A-10 when we were highly regarded and should have dominated with the C-USA/Big East type talent…finished 2nd with 19 wins and an NIT? I don’t blame this solely on the A-10. There are some good teams in the conference and we should be right up at the top. Last year should have been a good year, then this year as a rebuilding year would be no problem for the fans or coaching staff.

Nice find Run. I doubt we are on it, but it will be intetresting to follow the list and see where our opponents are.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;253065]10 years ago? How about the first year in the A-10 when we were highly regarded and should have dominated with the C-USA/Big East type talent…finished 2nd with 19 wins and an NIT? I don’t blame this solely on the A-10. There are some good teams in the conference and we should be right up at the top. Last year should have been a good year, then this year as a rebuilding year would be no problem for the fans or coaching staff.[/QUOTE]

easy killer. My point is that a decade ago, everyone knew we were a undebatable top 50 program. Ever since us joining the A10, we can’t crack the top 100 RPI. The A10 has been a boat anchor on hoops. Its not even up for debate.

I remember when GW beat us without Withers and some acted like it was the end of
the world and said it should never happen. Now we are not even mentioned in the same breath.

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;253075]I remember when GW beat us without Withers and some acted like it was the end of
the world and said it should never happen. Now we are not even mentioned in the same breath.[/QUOTE]

QFT

I remember when GW beat us without Withers and some acted like it was the end of the world and said it should never happen. Now we are not even mentioned in the same breath.

ditto on the QFT

[QUOTE=metro;253072] The A10 has been a boat anchor on hoops. [/QUOTE]

The A 10 hasn’t been any more of an anchor for Charlotte than Charlotte has been to the A10. Both our university and the league have been very dissapointed about how we have performed in the A10 basketball. The league thought they had snagged a big fish in Charlotte, but all they have pulled in so far is a boot full of water.
Why blame the league? Isn’t it all Judy Rose’ fault for not getting us into the Big East?

I remember when GW beat us without Withers and some acted like it was the end of the world and said it should never happen. Now we are not even mentioned in the same breath.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;253065]10 years ago? How about the first year in the A-10 when we were highly regarded and should have dominated with the C-USA/Big East type talent…finished 2nd with 19 wins and an NIT? I don’t blame this solely on the A-10. There are some good teams in the conference and we should be right up at the top. Last year should have been a good year, then this year as a rebuilding year would be no problem for the fans or coaching staff.[/QUOTE]

Those were the days my friends!

Lets hope Bobby can pull one out of his A** this year, but long term, we need football to get basketball back were it once was.

:49ers:

1. Auburn Tigers

[QUOTE=gamer;253093]The A 10 hasn’t been any more of an anchor for Charlotte than Charlotte has been to the A10. Both our university and the league have been very dissapointed about how we have performed in the A10 basketball. The league thought they had snagged a big fish in Charlotte, but all they have pulled in so far is a boot full of water.
Why blame the league? Isn’t it all Judy Rose’ fault for not getting us into the Big East?[/QUOTE]

Charlotte has not drug down the A10. With an RPI of 100, it puts us in the upper echelon. LOL.

anyways, in theory I agree partially with what you and Lefty are saying that alot of our hoops problems are self inflicted.

Charlotte has not drug down the A10. With an RPI of 100, it puts us in the upper echelon. LOL.

anyways, in theory I agree partially with what you and Lefty are saying that alot of our hoops problems are self inflicted.

aren’t our other sports doing extremely well in the a10, baseball, tennis, track, golf…

second, yes very selfinflicted… Recruiting 2-3 jucos a season, not developing martin iti, missing on expectations of Carlos Williams and Phaler, the fact that Curtis and Baldwin didn’t develop much over their 4 years, not having a recruting class with wilderness, phil jones, and cameron tatum last year, etc… and i haven’t even mentioned ingame coaching…

[QUOTE=ninerID;253159]
second, yes very selfinflicted… Recruiting 2-3 jucos a season, not developing martin iti, missing on expectations of Carlos Williams and Phaler, the fact that Curtis and Baldwin didn’t develop much over their 4 years, not having a recruting class with wilderness, phil jones, and cameron tatum last year, etc… and i haven’t even mentioned ingame coaching…[/QUOTE]

I am not sure I am following you on some of this. I agree about the juco recruiting problem. I think it became a crutch that ended up burning us. But not developing Martin Iti??? I dont think we cant fault Bobby for the Iti fiasco.

Expectations of Carlos and Phaler? I think the Carlos hype was of our own making…not the staff. And I have not met anyone who thought Phaler was going to save the program.

Are you saying you are unhappy with Curtis and his career here at Charlotte? That you dont think he didnt become the player he could have? That seems kinda bold.

And what exactly does Lutz and co have to do with Wilderness, Jones and Tatum. He got two of those kids here…and you dont win every recruiting battle. Prep school and the NCAA seem out of his reach dont you think?

I am not sure I am following you on some of this. I agree about the juco recruiting problem. I think it became a crutch that ended up burning us. But not developing Martin Iti????? I dont think we cant fault Bobby for the Iti fiasco.

Expectations of Carlos and Phaler? I think the Carlos hype was of our own making…not the staff. And I have not met anyone who thought Phaler was going to save the program.

Are you saying you are unhappy with Curtis and his career here at Charlotte? That you dont think he didnt become the player he could have? That seems kinda bold.

And what exactly does Lutz and co have to do with Wilderness, Jones and Tatum. He got two of those kids here…and you dont win every recruiting battle. Prep school and the NCAA seem out of his reach dont you think?

i started out with self inflicted, then started listing and then got mixed up with things that hurt the program that weren’t self inflicted.

Iti could have been developed into something much more than what he was. I find it hard to believe that an almost 7 footer, with any basketball talent, and the strength team we have couldn’t jump 3 inches off the ground. I am not asking him to be a double double, but we might as well have gotten goggles from UNCA.

I was happy with Curtis career, but he started off strong, and didn’t really get that much better. Stronger and bigger, but didn’t get much better. I would say his sophmore and junior years he was way more of an impact than his senior year. He was never developed into the offensive equation and bobby forced him to get his points off garbage rebounds.

I would say self-inflicted and blame on the A-10 as well. Bobby didn’t do a good job with recruiting, scheduling, etc., and the A-10 sat on its laurels following the spectacular 2003-04 season in which it had the number 1 team (St. Joe’s), four NCAA bids including two that made it to the Elite 8 (St. Joe’s and Xavier), a national POY in Jameer Nelson, and five players taken in the NBA Draft.

While the A-10 watched the Valley surpass it in the RPI and in the number of NCAA bids the past couple of seasons, the conference leadership has finally done something about scheduling to try and rectify that problem. And the recruiting has been top notch as of late. While I think the Niners will be hard pressed to go 6-10 in the A-10 in 07-08, I have no doubt we will be a better team than last year. The only problem is that just about every other team in the conference will be better in 07-08 as well.