Robert D Raeford's 2 Cents

[QUOTE=dk49er;299397]Man you have to admit, Gaston county is pretty roughā€¦in spots

They did not call it little Chicago during the prohibition days for nothing:)[/QUOTE]

Compared to what?

I listen to JB&B every now & then.
Even they donā€™t like Raeford. Raeford is anti-sports & a heavy drunk.
Heā€™s from Kannapolis, so I donā€™t know why he hates the local school.

You really don't need to be taking a swipe at my hometown for no damn reason Metro. We will also need support outside this city and Gaston County is the largest outside the city population wise. Its a damn fine place to live and its just as full of Tarhole rednecks as this city and the rest of the area. My 2 cents!

no offense,
there are great people in Gastonia and a few nice spots toward Belmont, but youā€™re not being honest if you donā€™t think Gtown is a little ā€œredā€ in most places.

gastonia is a crap hole.

although one of the smartest, most successful, and richest person i know is from thereā€¦on the whole, gastonia is what the rest of the country thinks ALL of north carolina isā€¦rednecks with mullets who love three things, budweiser, dale jr, and the tarholes.

sorry 49erFootballNow, im sure your a smart guy, but those are my 2 cents.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;299393]You really donā€™t need to be taking a swipe at my hometown for no damn reason Metro. We will also need support outside this city and Gaston County is the largest outside the city population wise. Its a damn fine place to live and its just as full of Tarhole rednecks as this city and the rest of the area. My 2 cents![/QUOTE]

AGreed 100%. There ARE trailer parks in Charlotte too.

gastonia is a crap hole.

although one of the smartest, most successful, and richest person i know is from thereā€¦on the whole, gastonia is what the rest of the country thinks ALL of north carolina isā€¦rednecks with mullets who love three things, amp energy drink, dale jr, and the tarholes.

sorry 49erFootballNow, im sure your a smart guy, but those are my 2 cents.

Fixed. Heh hehā€¦

That old bastard knows as much about the University and football as I do about flying the space shuttle, 'bout the time NASA starts calling s9er for tips we should start paying attention to that waste of skin.

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with Gastonia. I moved there after living in Charlotte bc I wanted to live in a place that is nice with some peace and quiet. I agree, there are some rough parts of Gastonia, but there are also rough parts of every other city in the world as well. There is no reason to crack on Gastonia in this thread.

As for Robert D. Raeford; who gives a **** what this old piece of **** thinks. Heā€™s the same as Friday and Spangler. These old farts are so set in their ways that they donā€™t like change. Anytime something new or young comes along, they immediately oppose it because thatā€™s what old people do. Heā€™s yet another old waste of space that thinks that his opinions matter more than others because heā€™s lived longer. They all just need to retire to Tampa, and leave ā€œintelligent talkā€ to those of us who do not suffer from alsheimers.

The JB & B show was not too bad many years ago before they became syndicated (going back at least 20 years here). Then they got progressively worse as they started targeting the trailer park crowd. I havenā€™t listened to them in years. I do remember Raiford never liked sports (and was very outspoken about it) and John Boy was a big tarhole fan. I donā€™t even know of anyone in Charlotte who still listens to that show, but the problem is they are syndicated and are played in lots of different cities. I think they are listened too much more in some smaller markets because of a lack of choice.

Raiford can complain about football but he should have stayed away from the slanderous remarks aimed at the school. They were uncalled for and are irrelevant to us having football or not.

I remember John Boy going clubbinā€™ at Plumb Crazy (now the Mens Club) at Tyvola, and getting busted for drugs in the parking lot.

[QUOTE=metro;299479]I remember John Boy going clubbinā€™ at Plumb Crazy (now the Mens Club) at Tyvola[/QUOTE]

Damn, I remember Plum Crazy and even what that building started asā€¦

P.B. Scotts Music Hall.

Careful Silvio, youā€™re showing the age.

Iā€™m surprised so many of you havenā€™t heard of Raeford. He may be dumb as an anvil, but heā€™s been in Charlotte forever.

[QUOTE=metro;299413]no offense,
there are great people in Gastonia and a few nice spots toward Belmont, but youā€™re not being honest if you donā€™t think Gtown is a little ā€œredā€ in most places.[/QUOTE]

And that makes it different then Concord, Hickory, Salisbury, Monroe, Rock Hill, Lincolnton, Kannapolis or for that matter Charlotte how?

We are not so self important just yet as a program or university to turn our noses up like Tarholes and blanket-like dismiss the second largest population center in our potential market.