Rodney On the Block

[b] A rumor that might have some legs is Denver swapping Nene, Nikoloz Tskitishvili and Rodney White for Piatkowski and either Curry or Chandler. [/b]

This could be decent news for Hot Rod. He would compete with L. Deng for the starting SF spot.

Plus, this would get him away from Coach Bzedlick or however you spell his name.

Daily Herald

rodney needs pt.

Morning - This is the same situation as Rodney faced in Denver last year…playing behind the man who is the future of the franchise. Hopefully, with so many other holes in the lineup, Rodney can fill another void. But there’s definitely not a void at the 3.

I think Rodney would be a good fit for the Bulls in the fact that they are young and do not have a lot of scorers.

Rodney would be a veteran on that club that could provide the scoring that they need.

As far as last year, Rodney was already on the team and then they drafted Carmelo which was showing that they had no faith in Rodney being the “man”.

However, this trade would be a little different in that they drafted Deng and then would be bringing in Rodney to compete.

Bottom line is the Bulls are winless so there is no way that he will not get minutes.

Rodney and Skita DNP - coach’s decision last night

boxscore

I watched most of the second half of last night’s Net/Nuggets game and observing White’s non-verbal signals, he’s totally disengaged. He sat on the bench with slouched shoulders and showed little to no response towards the game and other players. It’s time for him to move. If so, hopefully he responds and quits the sulking.

Why did he even resign with them??? still haven’t figured that out, unless they offered more $$$ than any other team…what a waste, wonder if he wishes he had stayed in college another year although 9 pick in any year is hard to pass up.

I think Rodney resigned here because he just didn’t have a better alternative. He was not coveted on the free agent market and his gunplay incident in D.C. further limited his options.

I have noticed when Rodney gets playing time his demeanor on the bench is more positive. When he is not getting minutes, he tends to sulk.

I am starting to wonder if Rodney can find a fit in this league. He did not play regularly here even the Nuggets were one of the worst teams in the NBA.

He also cannot seem to put the boneheaded mistakes behind him. Bzdelik already doesn’t like him. When Rodney makes the mental errors, it just makes reaffirms the coach’s feelings about him.

Rodney can play well at times if the matchups are right. Good NBA players have to be able to adjust to difficult matchups. Rodney has not grasped that yet.

I would like to think it would better for Rodney in Chicago but I fear he would face a lot of the same issues again. Scott Skiles does not seem like a patient coach to me.

You’re right, Colorado49er, about Skiles. I lived in Orlando for a while and got to know him when he played for the Magic. I know he is as competitive as he## and will fight till the end to win, literally. In fact, in a pick up game in a public park he and a guy I was playing with (he was 5’8" maybe 155 lbs) were going toe to toe and Skiles had to be restrained from kicking butt on this other fiesty guy who was scrapping for the ball. I’ve also seen Skiles thump a 6’8" 250lbs guy fighting through picks. He’s a type A fighting SOB who expects the same from his players.
I hope, if Rodeny does go to Chicago, that he’s able to see the light.

Melo’s hurt, Rodney gets the start tonight against New Orleans. He goes 3-4 in the first quarter, leading the team in scoring with 6…and his reward is EIGHT whole minutes of PT, least of any starter for the Nuggets in the first quarter…gotta love coach Buzz.

I don’t understand. Honestly, I don’t keep up with the NBA or Rodney’s team, but if this is such a personal vendetta (that’s a real word, right?), then how does the coach get away with this?

From what I remember, the fans like him. If everybody likes him except for the coach, you’d think the pressure would be on the coach to let him play.

What am I missing?

His reason for keeping him off the floor is very valid, it’s Rodney’s defense. It’s hard to argue with, Rodney is not an NBA defender right now.

The thing that really bugs me about Buzz’s handling of Rodney is he doesn’t know to leave him in when he gets hot. He started out on fire tonight, hitting 3 out of 4 in 7 minutes, not bad at all. Then he gets pulled, put back in at the end of the quarter and now he’s 0-2 in the second quarter. If he starts hitting shots, just leave him in and feed him the ball. He’s as streaky of a shooter as there is, it’s really amazing how poorly Buzz handles his when he is hitting shots. He usually goes right back to Melo and Boykins so they can take off balanced runners all night.

Aside from the defense aspect, is part of it personal? Or do you think most of it is 'cause his defense sucks?

[i]Originally posted by C49er[/i]@Nov 29 2004, 10:05 PM [b] Aside from the defense aspect, is part of it personal? Or do you think most of it is 'cause his defense sucks? [/b]
Who knows. Personally I think there has to be some sort of personal thing against him because it seemed like Rodney was ready to sign anywhere that wasn't Denver until his arrest. But as the title of this thread implies, Kiki seems to be losing confidence in Rodney as well. He's the reason they traded for him a few years ago and the reason they resigned him.

The good news as far as Rodney is concerned is that all signs point to Coach Buzz not being asked back for another year after this season. If he isn’t traded he should get a more fair look next year under a new coach with Kiki pushing to let him play. Buzz seems not to care was Kiki thinks, that’s probably one reason his job isn’t very safe.

Rodney did get the start tonight but was not in the game during crunch time.

Bzdelik does not like Rodney but it is due to his mental mistakes and defensive lapses. It is nothing personal.

I will say that Bzdelik does not exercise a whole lot of patience with Rodney. When Rodney is on a hot streak, Buzz needs to milk that for all it is worth. I have seem him pull other players with a hot hand as well.

I saw some encouraging signs tonight. On the downside, Bryon Russell is playing well and is a heady player. Someone else to take minutes from Hot Rod.

Rodney needs to play for a team that puts an emphasis on scoring and plays an uptempo offense. Rodney would excel on a team like the Kings, Suns or Sonics.

He needs a team also that has a dominant defensive player that can help hide some of Rodney’s weaknesses. I could see him excelling with a center like Theo Ratliff or Ben Wallace or playing beside Ron Artest. Richard Hamilton is not a very good defender but that Has been covered up by Big Ben.

Hopefully Rodney will get an opportunity to play within a system that will play to his strengths. Because if he doesn’t he will be little more than a player that comes off of the bench for 10-15 minutes a game. Best case senario that I can see right now is that he gets a coach that will turn him into Vinnie “Microwave” Johnson.

[b]I will say that Bzdelik does not exercise a whole lot of patience with Rodney. When Rodney is on a hot streak, Buzz needs to milk that for all it is worth. I have seem him pull other players with a hot hand as well. [/b]

lutz is known to do this…

[i]Originally posted by NinerOne[/i]@Nov 30 2004, 02:12 PM [b]
[b]I will say that Bzdelik does not exercise a whole lot of patience with Rodney. When Rodney is on a hot streak, Buzz needs to milk that for all it is worth. I have seem him pull other players with a hot hand as well. [/b]

lutz is known to do this… [/b]

Yeah like when Plavich hit 6 threes in the first half and Drayton finished Valpo off with 4 straight jumpers. Whatever. :rolleyes:

watch him tommorrow night, someone like Basden will get a hot hand at some point and after hitting about the 3rd in a row, substitution. He use to do this with Jobey alot, never understood it.

Rodney got his first DNP-Coach’s Decision last night, not looking good. He has been taking advantage of his minutes for the most part this year. Maybe a trade is close…