Rodney

I started with a beer for Lutz Live, then watched NC State fumble away their season. Also saw Shaq and Wade get blown out (although Wade is a major player).

Figured, I may as well stay up for the Nuggets 10:30 on TNT. Anthony is starting. There was speculation he may come off the bench for the first time in his life.

First guy off the bench. Now 3 for 3.

i have Rodney on my fantasy NBA team. i HAD to have a Niner on my team. i have a feeling he will have a good season…

His 6 minutes of 3 for 3 shooting rewarded with a prompt return the bench.

boxscore

6-10 for 13 in 27 minutes and they won. Anthony and back up 5’5" PG, Boykins scored 30 and 32.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Nov 12 2004, 12:25 AM [b]His 6 minutes of 3 for 3 shooting rewarded with a prompt return the bench.[/b]
He'd get as many touches on that bench as he would in the lineup with Boykins and Anthony. Last week he went 4-5 and scored 9 points in a row for his team and it got him left in the game when Melo got put back in, he didn't touch the ball again. Melo is a talented, but incredibly selfish player. Also Boykins seems to like to shoot a LOT. But to be fair, I'm pretty certain Rodney would be just as selfish with his shots if anybody would pass him the ball.

Rodeny’s getting over 8 ppg this year, slightly up over last year, but he’s getting about 5 more minutes a game so far. He is shooting better this year, so he just isn’t getting the touches this year. At least he is getting the minutes though, the points will come in bursts, but getting the minutes is the most important thing.

FYI, Marv Albert gave a shout out to Charlotte during the game when talking about Rodney during the game on TNT last night. He actually referred to us as Charlotte and not UNC-Charlotte, I was kind of suprised.

Thought this was funny…

Near the end of the 3rd quarter in the Nuggets/Kings game right now, here are Rodney and Melo’s lines:

Melo: 8-20 for 18 points
Rodney 5-6 for 11

NBA.com only updates minute stats each quarter, but Melo has about double the minutes as Rodney, double the minutes, 3 times as many shots and a not really close to double the points. You wonder why Kiki wants White in there??? Actually you just have to wonder why Buzz won’t play him.

Beat me to it. It’s ludacrisp.

And as for Boykins, he has 5 points on 1-10 shooting so far in 24 minutes.
You’re either one of Bzdelik’s boys, or you’re not.

[i]Originally posted by 4t9er[/i]@Nov 12 2004, 03:11 PM [b] FYI, Marv Albert gave a shout out to Charlotte during the game when talking about Rodney during the game on TNT last night. He actually referred to us as Charlotte and not UNC-Charlotte, I was kind of suprised. [/b]
That's pretty cool. Did he just mention the school in connection with Rodney, or did he say something else, possibly about our upcoming season?
[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Nov 15 2004, 08:50 AM [b] That's pretty cool. Did he just mention the school in connection with Rodney, or did he say something else, possibly about our upcoming season? [/b]
I heard one mention where he just said Rodney played one year at Charlotte.

Check this out. Rodney’s #17 in the league in FGs made per 48 minutes with over 10. Remember, he was one of the top guys last year as well.

FG made per 48

Also, this year he’s not in the top 50 among FG attempted per 48…so he’s shooting it better.

Stats

His assist to turnover ratio is .25. :blink:

Of course, look at it this way: Who would he pass it to? He shoots better than anyone else on that team.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Nov 15 2004, 09:22 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Nov 15 2004, 09:22 AM)

There is talk that the Nuggets are looking for a 2 guard (potentially Mobley).

If I was dealing with them there is no way I would do a deal unless Rodney was included.

[i]Originally posted by morningwood[/i]@Nov 15 2004, 11:53 AM [b]There is talk that the Nuggets are looking for a 2 guard (potentially Mobley).

If I was dealing with them there is no way I would do a deal unless Rodney was included.[/b]

Kiki likes Rodney though, and with Coach Buzz likely on his way out, I don’t expect Kiki to trade away Rodney. I do think teams may ask about him if trading a SG, behind Nene he’s their most valuable(but still tradeable) asset.

And Orlando would be a terrible place for Rodney to land, he’d be behind Grant Hill and Hedo Turkaglu and occasionally Pat Garrity.

From what I hear the Nuggets are still interested in Kidd and would trade A. Miller, Nene and Skita.

First of all I would never trade for Kidd who is getting old and is paid too much money.

However, if I was NJ, I would make sure that I got Rodney instead of Skita.

Rodney would start in NJ alongside R. Jefferson.

I think his game is more suited for the Eastern Conference than the get up and down the court western style.