Rooting for GW

For you immature idiots who have no idea how college basketball works, you ROOT for teams in the A10, like GW in the tournament right now playing against Duke.

Holy CRAP some of our fans are complete idiots. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

I want them to go far for the conference, but more to shut up the idiots who gave them an 8 seed after a 2 loss season. They aren’t really playing like they deserved any better right now though.

And who actually wants to see Duke win a game, ever?

[QUOTE=CMack124;162930]I want them to go far for the conference, but more to shut up the idiots who gave them an 8 seed after a 2 loss season. They aren’t really playing like they deserved any better right now though.

And who actually wants to see Duke win a game, ever?[/QUOTE]

Plus, you know, the fact that we get more money that our program desperately needs with every win.

[QUOTE=CMack124;162930]I want them to go far for the conference, but more to shut up the idiots who gave them an 8 seed after a 2 loss season. They aren’t really playing like they deserved any better right now though.

And who actually wants to see Duke win a game, ever?[/QUOTE]

I totallly agree with you, but some of the [B]A[/B][SIZE=1]bused[/SIZE] [B]C[/B][SIZE=1]hildren[/SIZE] of [B]C[/B][SIZE=1]harlotte[/SIZE] on this board think otherwise.

I think I can pull for whomever I choose. I for one do not need the assistance of others in order to determine who I want to win games. Thanks anyway…

(Not that I like Duke…it would be fine with me if they never won another game as long as the University exists…)

That was the most uncompetitive game of the tournament. GW looked awful.

Yup…Southern put up a better fight…

Maybe GW will schedule Southern next year along with Hampton, Monmouth and Albany…

That was the most uncompetitive game of the tournament. GW looked awful.

I guess GW isn’t used to playing any good teams.

Well, if everyone saw the same game i did, i saw the referees basically hand the game to duke. It was so one sided, it wasnt even funny. Granted, GW didnt play well, but when you have to play against the zebra’s too, its kinda hard to win

I HATE DOOK

yeah I thought Pops was going to get T’d up a few times he was so pissed at the refs. They let Williams get away with everything then on the other end they called all the touch fouls.

GW couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn either, a wonder it was as close as it was

I HATE DOOK

way to validate your impartial opinion. GW played straight up pathetic. GW had nothing for Sheldon, did you see how on the second duke possesion they TRIPLE teamed him??? Curtis didnt get that respect and he doesnt have near the talent (Redick) around him that Duke does. Sheldon has been one of the top defensive players in the nation each of his four seasons. If you think there were bad calls thats fine, but dont think for a second that it made the difference in the ball game.

Also, Carlos Williams please review this game on what to do to the GW press for next year, Greg Paulus (freshman) murdered it.

[QUOTE=ninerID;162959]Also, Carlos Williams please review this game on what to do to the GW press for next year, Greg Paulus (freshman) murdered it.[/QUOTE]

Please, Paulus had 6 turnovers. If Mitch had 6 turnovers, everyone would talk about how poorly he played. Don’t be a hypocrit

Please, Paulus had 6 turnovers. If Mitch had 6 turnovers, everyone would talk about how poorly he played. Don't be a hypocrit

Paulus also had 6 assists a steal and 10 points. I didnt say model his game, but to model the way he handled the press. the guy brought it up almost every time no matter what they through at him. He also set the pace at the beginning of the game with easy layups and dishes to basically tell GW not to run the press.

[QUOTE=ck49er06;162951]Well, if everyone saw the same game i did, i saw the referees basically hand the game to duke. It was so one sided, it wasnt even funny. Granted, GW didnt play well, but when you have to play against the zebra’s too, its kinda hard to win
[/QUOTE]

I was at the game and you are partially correct, but I doubt it affected the outcome.

The first half had some horrible calls in favor of Duke and everyone except Duke fans were booing the officials quite a bit. The 2nd half was called pretty even. Like I said, I doubt if it would have made any difference. GW missed too many shots they should have hit.

And yes, we do need to pull for teams in our own conference in post season. It makes the conference look good when we win, and it gives us more money since the teams have to share a certain percentage with other conference members.

[QUOTE=ck49er06;162951]Well, if everyone saw the same game i did, i saw the referees basically hand the game to duke. It was so one sided, it wasnt even funny. Granted, GW didnt play well, but when you have to play against the zebra’s too, its kinda hard to win

I HATE DOOK[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. The white, bow-legged ref was especially bad, I think.
I was at the game, and my wife and I sat next to a card carrying NCAA ref in the stands, and that dude was sh-ocked by the officiating!
( We also, by chance, sat next to a Niner fan… the guy who’s the assistant manager of Niner ticket sales […can’t think of his name]. Oh, how it felt nice to goat Duke fans with a fellow Niner brother… the missed dunks, eg.)

McRoberts helped bring the ball up on quite a few occasions, a la Curt.

Was that one ref from the acc by any chance?

Some of the fans sitting behind me said the worst ref was from the acc. These were UT fans (UT played in the second game), so they may not know much about the acc… btw UT fans can’t sing worth a crap. They really butrchered the song Rocky Top… about 20 times.

the end result was inevitable, congrats to duke…Here’s to going all the way!!

compare that game to when they were in Halton, everything they threw towards the rim went in, especially in the first half.

Yesterday, they could get not get anything to fall, at one point their real athletic guard, Pin… (sp?) , was like 0-5, against us in Halton he was like 5-5.

I like GW, but I don’t think I have ever seen Pops have a good game.

Pinnock tried to force his game early, and quickly became a non-factor. That hurts. Defensively in the first half they were still “in it” but they simply could not get any kind of offensive consistency.

Anyway, kiss GW goodbye for 10 years.