Ruffin McNeill Fired at ECU

Someone should tell ECU fans that Cam Newton isn’t walking through that door.[/quote]

You don’t need Cam Newton in the AAC.

The point of firing Ruffin was ECU wants national relevance.

The point of firing Ruffin was ECU wants national relevance.[/quote]

You can make the argument that any coach with a NC isn’t going to bring “Insert Player Name” to ECU… Chizick got canned after a 3-8 season, but also left the cupboard plenty full for a team that went to the BCS Champ game the following season, the guy can obviously recruit

I’m curious who has more cache that ECU can get?

Not going to get that in the AAC.

Houston, Memphis, Navy, and Temple were all ranked this year. A good year for the AAC combined with their OOC, it would be attainable getting to the CFP if they went undefeated.

AAC is what CUSA 1.0 was prior to 2005 - much of the best of the rest. We could do a lot worse. Wish we were there now.

The AAC has much more relevance than the current version of CUSA. And to think this board used to make fun of ECU when they tried to move to the Big East/AAC.

we shouldn’t be making fun of anybody…

I’d give my left you know what to get where they are one day athletically in stature and fanbase

clt is hearing chuck amato.

or will wade.

Someone should tell ECU fans that Cam Newton isn’t walking through that door.[/quote]

They could do much worse. Ask the Gamecocks.

They could do much worse. Ask the Gamecocks.[/quote]
LOL

I (I wager) follow USC closer than anyone here. Go to 3-4 games a year. At first was against Muschamp, but after seeing him speak and ridiculous staff that follows him. I predict next decade far superior to Spurrier. The head winds at UF are not at USC.

But as always Mullins Maniac knows more I’m sure. Just like Major hire.

One thing about USC. They will do anything this side of death penalty to win. It’s refreshing.

I honestly don’t want that for my University. It’s that attitude that has ruined college sports for me outside of the Niners. I want my University’s teams to be competitive and have a fair chance at winning championships, but not at the cost of its reputation and integrity.

I honestly don’t want that for my University. It’s that attitude that has ruined college sports for me outside of the Niners. I want my University’s teams to be competitive and have a fair chance at winning championships, but not at the cost of its reputation and integrity.[/quote]

On a competition scale of 1 to 10, 10 being death penalty we are at 2 right now so I don’t think we have much to worry about with this AD.

I honestly don’t want that for my University. It’s that attitude that has ruined college sports for me outside of the Niners. I want my University’s teams to be competitive and have a fair chance at winning championships, but not at the cost of its reputation and integrity.[/quote]

On a competition scale of 1 to 10, 10 being death penalty we are at 2 right now so I don’t think we have much to worry about with this AD.[/quote]

I’d prefer to be a solid 7 with our integrity intact. We clearly need someone more aggressive than Judy to get out of this hole in men’s basketball.

LOL

I (I wager) follow USC closer than anyone here. Go to 3-4 games a year. At first was against Muschamp, but after seeing him speak and ridiculous staff that follows him. I predict next decade far superior to Spurrier. The head winds at UF are not at USC.

One thing about USC. They will do anything this side of death penalty to win. It’s refreshing.[/quote]

clt asks how many 49er football games do you attend?

LOL

One thing about USC. They will do anything this side of death penalty to win. It’s refreshing.[/quote]

I was never for the Major hire or a supporter (???)

Ridiculous staff? Roper was the OC with him at UF in 2014. They finished 12 out 14 in SEC in total offense in 2014. He is so ridiculous he got a job watching the clock this year for the worst team in the NFL.

As Herbstreit essentially said, Muschamp is a certified lunatic. Pat Forde said he’s quickly becoming the Lane Kiffin of defensive coordinators. Somehow keeps getting jobs for no reason. So it’s not just me.

He was at least 4th on their list behind Smart, Richt and Fedora.

He did a poor job at UF. Maybe he learned something. Good luck to him.

Not going to get that in the AAC.[/quote]

5-10 years ago I would be ok with us sticking our noses up at other teams in the state that are doing what they need to do to get better, now it just makes us look pathetic.

I’m with hootie we shouldn’t be making fun of anyone, we should be spending all our effort in getting rid of those that don’t want to do anything to increase our relevance and exposure.

Not going to get that in the AAC.[/quote]

5-10 years ago I would be ok with us sticking our noses up at other teams in the state that are doing what they need to do to get better, now it just makes us look pathetic.

I’m with hootie we shouldn’t be making fun of anyone, we should be spending all our effort in getting rid of those that don’t want to do anything to increase our relevance and exposure.[/quote]

This. I actually used to tear people’s bumper stickers off cars on campus if it was another school. I was pretty intense about it. But right now all of my anger is directed towards our AD and school administration.