Ruffin McNeill Fired at ECU

I am a little surprised by this. He is a good coach and seemed to fit ECU perfectly. I hope after Lambert gets Riley to commit he contacts some of these disillusioned ECU guys ;).

Really surprising move, no one saw it coming. Joe Schad has mentioned Marshall, MTSU and App’s coaches as candidates.

How much was he getting paid? Would this be considered a better job than Marshall or MTSU? I know the App coach just signed an extensions and seems to want to be a lifer at App.

This was his first losing season since 2011 as well. Maybe ECU fells he’s tapped out his abilities as a coach but that’s pretty rough showing him the door after one losing season in four seasons. Maybe some big name has expressed interest in the job?

The extension will pay him a total of $1.15 million plus incentives. His base salary was raised from $200,000 to $400,000.

Football coaches’ salaries

ECU is a top G5 job, facilityes and fan support for the program are pretty damn good.

They were saying on the radio the new AD wanted to hire his own guy, and I guess all he needed was a bad season to pull the trigger.

It’s been interesting listening to Greenville sports talk radio at my desk this afternoon. They think they are behind in facilities and are preparing to spend $40M+ to catch up. If they’re behind, I don’t want to know what we are.

It’s been interesting listening to Greenville sports talk radio at my desk this afternoon. They think they are behind in facilities and are preparing to spend $40M+ to catch up. If they’re behind, I don’t want to know what we are.[/quote]

They apparently don’t understand that you don’t buy the platinum plated accessories for the locker rooms UNTIL you’re cashing those SEC annual checks. Rookie mistake.

It’s been interesting listening to Greenville sports talk radio at my desk this afternoon. They think they are behind in facilities and are preparing to spend $40M+ to catch up. If they’re behind, I don’t want to know what we are.[/quote]

Because they aspire. They don’t look around their peers, they look at the P5 schools and want to be amongst them.

There is a whole class of ECU recruits that have committed, but not signed an NLI yet. We need a recruiting coordinator. Think we could hire ECU’s to fill the slot?

Seems they have a lot of players pretty upset on social media as well. Ruff was well loved by current and past players. Justin Hardy mentioned today that he would have never gone to ECU if it was not for Coach McNeill. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

This move is right out of the Judy Rose’s AD playbook.

[quote=“Nugget, post:11, topic:30020”]There is a whole class of ECU recruits that have committed, but not signed an NLI yet. We need a recruiting coordinator. Think we could hire ECU’s to fill the slot?[/quote]stated today by the AD they are retaining their recruiting coordinator to help with the transition, along with 2 other coaches.

explain. Can’t wait to hear this.

explain. Can’t wait to hear this.[/quote]

It’s asinine, not much to explain here.

Their stadium sux.

I’m thinking they fired him because he only had two years left. They could either extend or fire. We would have extended and fired after next season.

It kills me that Lebo still has a job over there.

clt can report from 3 sources that Lebo will coach football as well.

I would call every one of their recruits. And you can be sure its already happening (multiple programs), whether this is a contact period or not.

I’d love to get Jamil Dukes. Of course, I’m partial to DTs. Foundational players.

Their stadium sux.

I’m thinking they fired him because he only had two years left. They could either extend or fire. We would have extended and fired after next season.

It kills me that Lebo still has a job over there.[/quote]
Sucks?