Ryan Murphy - 2016 G - Committed

[quote=“Niner National, post:20, topic:30418”][quote=“ninerfan55, post:18, topic:30418”][quote=“Niner2395, post:17, topic:30418”]Kody Shubert is another guy that was there at the Elite camp that jumped out to me. I think he is Class of '18. He’s quicker, more athletic, and shoots the ball better than Murphy, but he’s not as strong. He’s also shorter (6’0 I think), but can get up and throw it down.

Again, I only saw Murphy for 3 hours one day. Price & Co I’m sure have seen him multiple times. I trust their judgement better than mine. Just going on what I saw that day.[/quote]

i wonder if we are still recruiting shubert hard. he sounds like he could be a bit of a sleeper in the 2018 class.

So this is nothing offical, just whispers through the grapevine. But my friends little brother plays for my old highschool’s basketball team, which is in the same confrence as Kody, and one of the guys on my old highschools team is good friends with Kody and he said Kody commited here…now thats just what I heard…its nothing offical, and it may not be true, its just what i heard.

i know what ninernation will say, “another guard”. if its true, he is 2018. not doubting your source, but lets say that is true, why wouldnt koby announce his committment?[/quote]Even if true, a lot can change in 2 years. I never trust commitments that come more than a year before kids enroll.[/quote]

totally agree, but i think that its a good sign that our coach, if true, is able to snag a committment from a junior, who will have good options, despite that coach’s team not having made the tournament since 2005. imagine what happens when we start making the tournament regularly.

I imagine we’ll have a hard time hanging onto the one who got us back in that position. But a problem we’d love to have, at least.

I imagine we’ll have a hard time hanging
onto the one who got us back in that position. But a problem we’d love to have, at least.[/quote]

I feel like price may want to stick around. He has two sons in charlotte and,may not want to move his family again. Can’t cheap out though.

when does he sign?

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:24, topic:30418”]when does he sign?[/quote]This late, he doesn’t.