Saban/Alabama in a recruiting battle with Charlotte ?

:smiley:

clt says we are now elite.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Well, canā€™t say the staff doesnā€™t know talent. Wonder if Major even called wiggins or Parker.

[quote=ā€œcibik02, post:3, topic:28648ā€]Hahahahahahahahaha

Well, canā€™t say the staff doesnā€™t know talent. Wonder if Major even called wiggins or Parker.[/quote]

I would certailnly hope not, that would mean heā€™s delusionalā€¦

[quote=ā€œhootie, post:4, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œcibik02, post:3, topic:28648ā€]Hahahahahahahahaha

Well, canā€™t say the staff doesnā€™t know talent. Wonder if Major even called wiggins or Parker.[/quote]

I would certailnly hope not, that would mean heā€™s delusionalā€¦[/quote]

What if Wiggins or Parker were delusional and we didnā€™t call him? Ghost of Steph Curry.

[quote=ā€œNLP49, post:5, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œhootie, post:4, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œcibik02, post:3, topic:28648ā€]Hahahahahahahahaha

What if Wiggins or Parker were delusional and we didnā€™t call him? Ghost of Steph Curry.[/quote]
Wound up at KU and Duke and will likely be the #1 & #2 Draft picks this year so it appears that isnā€™t the caseā€¦

[quote=ā€œNLP49, post:5, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œhootie, post:4, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œcibik02, post:3, topic:28648ā€]Hahahahahahahahaha

What if Wiggins or Parker were delusional and we didnā€™t call him? Ghost of Steph Curry.[/quote]

Junior borough and Brendan Haywood are examples of two players that were high profile who we did not reach out to but in interviews post college said they would have considered coming here. Fine line between wasting time and giving in shot. Just canā€™t bank on landing them so much that you neglect your other targets. If you never check with the top level you will never land one.

[quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:7, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œNLP49, post:5, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œhootie, post:4, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œcibik02, post:3, topic:28648ā€]Hahahahahahahahaha

Junior borough and Brendan Haywood are examples of two players that were high profile who we did not reach out to but in interviews post college said they would have considered coming here. Fine line between wasting time and giving in shot. Just canā€™t bank on landing them so much that you neglect your other targets. If you never check with the top level you will never land one.[/quote]
I am pretty sure we did recruit Burrough.

[quote=ā€œ919R, post:8, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:7, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œNLP49, post:5, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œhootie, post:4, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œcibik02, post:3, topic:28648ā€]Hahahahahahahahaha

Junior borough and Brendan Haywood are examples of two players that were high profile who we did not reach out to but in interviews post college said they would have considered coming here. Fine line between wasting time and giving in shot. Just canā€™t bank on landing them so much that you neglect your other targets. If you never check with the top level you will never land one.[/quote]
I am pretty sure we did recruit Burrough.[/quote]

He said in an interview that if we had recruited him he would have considered it. Maybe he meant go after him hard. I canā€™t recall the details. Point remains though that at some point you have to take a shot at the top talent.

:slight_smile: Only have so many staff members. Canā€™t recruit the whole world. For every top level talent who SAYS he would have considered us there are many more who recruiting hard would be a waste of time
better spent elsewhere. Thatā€™s just the way it is.

[quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:9, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œ919R, post:8, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:7, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œNLP49, post:5, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œhootie, post:4, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œcibik02, post:3, topic:28648ā€]Hahahahahahahahaha

I am pretty sure we did recruit Burrough.[/quote]

He said in an interview that if we had recruited him he would have considered it. Maybe he meant go after him hard. I canā€™t recall the details. Point remains though that at some point you have to take a shot at the top talent.[/quote]

Good talent- yes. Curry as you mentioned could have been ours. Basically cost Lutz his J-O-B IMO.

But comā€™n, you know we arenā€™t going to get top 5 guys as well as I do. Right now some guys are just out of our reach and there is no need to waste money on them. A call to gauge interest is ok to me if itā€™s toll freeā€¦

Dell Curryā€™s oldest son was also passed over by every ACC school, I think.

Yes he was. EVEN dadā€™s alma mater, VT.

How the f did this turn into a lutz thread. Some of you guys are in need of an intervention.

[quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:7, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œNLP49, post:5, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œhootie, post:4, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œcibik02, post:3, topic:28648ā€]Hahahahahahahahaha

Brenden Haywood is revising history. Heā€™s playing politics.

[quote=ā€œTintin, post:15, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:7, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œNLP49, post:5, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œhootie, post:4, topic:28648ā€][quote=ā€œcibik02, post:3, topic:28648ā€]Hahahahahahahahaha

Brenden Haywood is revising history. Heā€™s playing politics.[/quote]
That would be most accurate

Yes he was. EVEN dadā€™s alma mater, VT.[/quote]

Every ACC school passed on Seth too, even VT. The Curry boys were late bloomers. We need to get over it.

Melvin did recruit Haywood.