Saturday's Observer

[QUOTE=SteauA;351113]then root for somebody else.

[B]you don’t seem to like anything about charlotte anyway[/B].[/QUOTE]

I think you’re getting him mixed up with somebody else. Metro played baseball, not basketball.

“I just grow freaking tired of our image…pathetic hoops unis, pathetic old fashion cheerleader outfits, golddusters in hair buns and ridiculous black tights for upteen years, etc”

Agree with him or not I think he is dead on with this assement.

We need new juice in our product and image.

new court looks awesome lite brite is gone new screens on sidelines Lutz recruiting high schoolers Gold dusters with hair down for HP

Things are getting better for our “product”

madness sucks though.

• junior cheerleaders cheer
  • gold dusters
  • free tshirts
  • 12 people chant a recruits name
  • some annoucer guy that you can’t understand
  • two guys that can’t dunk, in a dunk contest
  • Women’s basketball introduction
  • men’s basketball intro
  • Coley jumps over a chair ← they should timestamp this to let people know when to actually get there
  • women’s scrimmage
  • men’s 8 min. continous clock scrimmage that overhypes the talent we have.
  • go home

I think madness should be thrown out in general, i’ve seen kentucky’s, and clips from Chapel Hill. it is impossible to make it any better, it is just a terrible concept.

then root for somebody else.

you don’t seem to like anything about charlotte anyway.

stfu

you need to get hit with a clue brick

"I just grow freaking tired of our image...pathetic hoops unis, pathetic old fashion cheerleader outfits, golddusters in hair buns and ridiculous black tights for upteen years, etc"

Agree with him or not I think he is dead on with this assement.

:toast:
:thumbsup:

Have you ever approved of anything the Athletic Department has done?

I think when they retired my jersey…yeah I approved :biggrin:

[QUOTE=ninerID;351172]Gold dusters with hair down for HP[/QUOTE]
I’m cool with that.

BTW, the best uniforms the Gold Dusters ever had was the first season of Halton Arena.

stfu

I like the UCLA cheerleader outfits - especially the bottom one that shows the leg.

Unless the USC outfits come with the breasts. In that case, USC > UCLA

This would be a great idea for a thread! We should discuss the Golddusters, too, and brainstorm on outfits.

Speaking of Gold Dusters… whatever happened to 49er Diva? I think she was going out with one of our baseball pitchers 2 seasons ago (may have been Mills… and I may be wrong).

That girl really knew how to get a thread started.

madness sucks though.
:toast: I'll drink to that. I'd much rather see a regular scrimmage....... and I know this is gonna cause a big stink, but I still fail to understand why we have to have the women's team out there.
Speaking of Gold Dusters............ whatever happened to 49er Diva?

I suppose we only have ourselves to blame. We did not donate enough for shiny new outfits.

49er Diva has the last laugh.

[QUOTE=metro;351177]

[/QUOTE]

If we had a cheer squad that looked like any one of these squads, I would raise my 49er Club donations to at least the Coaches Circle level

[QUOTE=ninerID;351172]

Things are getting better for our “product”

[/QUOTE]

Agree. The general environment, related to Men’s hoops has improved significantly.

Problem is the gameday environment was so far down in the crapper that some obvious flaws (namely, the cheer squads) still exist.

stfu

Seriously, please get this for our cheerleaders (hopefully the girl is included).

What does this take?

• An extra 15 replicas jerseys at $40 a pop.
  • Order 15 pairs of softball/baseball socks ($5 a pair)
  • 15 pairs of cheer shorts ($10 a pair)

TA DAAAAAAAA!!!

All for $825? I may be generous on the socks, sorry I don’t buy baseball socks. I don’t care if they don’t say “Charlotte” on the side, just make sure they’re a good green or even white. It could be ****ing sweet. But instead we’ll have craft time to put glitter on spandex jump suits and send out 15 girls to dance to the same song for 5 straight games.

You send out chicks like this and you could play the worst music ever and no man would even remember music playing.