Say hello to the newbie

Good afternoon 9ers!

I stumbled on to this little gem of a site about a month ago and have been lurking ever since. I finally decided to sign up today. I live in High Point, NC so exposure to the 9er scene is limited.

I have been following the 9ers since 99 (my freshman year) and have been bleeding green ever since. I was a member of GangGreen(Mostly to acquire lower level seats) and I went to the 2000 through 2003 C-USA tourney. I love my niners.

Growing up in a family with a diehard tarhole fan (my older brother) and a die hard Dook fan (my dad) I didnt follow a certain team in college b-ball b/c of the anamosity(spelling?) they had towards each other. Until 99 and I have been a niner ever since.

I think this years team can do something special(nothing less than the sweet 16). I believe it is the most talented team I have seen since I started rooting for Charlotte. We finally are just as talented inside as we are out. Curt has finally started to pour it on, and what can I say Eddie is the man. He is officially my favorite niner all-time. It was Cam Stephens, just because I liked how hard he played, but Eddie just wills this team to win.

We can make a huge dent in the tourney this year. You need 4 things to make that dent.

1. good gaurd play: I think Mitch and Plav gives us that as long as Mitch plays within himself and Plav does not settle for shots.
  2. Strong senior leadership: No doubt Eddie and Plav give us this, I just wish they were a little more emotional/hyped at times.
  3. Defense: The one thing I have questioned my entire career as a niner. We have the ability this year, with C-USA POY Basden, the quickness of Baldwin and the shot blocking of Iti and Withers. We just need to be aggressive.
  4. Depth: We have 3 quality bench players in Drayton, Nance and Lee. p.s. why no love for Sager?

Anywhoo, I have made this post way too long, so I apologize for the long read, I just am very excited about this years crop of niners and cant wait until tonight.

FORTY!!!

WOOHOO! Another High Pointer on the board. Welcome to the board of enchantment, you will spend way too much time here but that’s okay. Soon your list of favorite internet sites will only be one, NinerNation.net.

hello to the newbie.

Well, that IS what you asked me to say. Not much else to add, other than I don’t know if Eddie will be C-USA POY, but he is clearly my favorite 49er of all time.

For the record, I did get to see Cedric Maxwell play, one time, in person.

One more thing…as you can see from his avatar, HP49er kinda stands out from the crowd in Halton. :smiley: :smiley:

[b]For the record, I did get to see Cedric Maxwell play, one time, in person.[/b]
I had the pleasure of being around him for one season. Was very lazy in practice, but when he put on that game uniform, he was a different person.
[b]One more thing....as you can see from his avatar, HP49er kinda stands out from the crowd in Halton. :D :D[/b]
:angry: Actually CharlotteAlum is the only member that seems to attrack attention in Halton, other than Powerbait in his wonderful cape.

That avatar sure is drawing lots of attention. Here’s the original and info behind the photo…

A member of the traditional ‘Bloco da Lama’ (block of the Mud) performs on Jabaquara beach in Paraty, 263km from Rio de Janeiro, February 5, 2005. According to popular beliefs, the sulphurous mud makes skin healthy and beautiful. During Carnival, people dress up as cave men, cover themselves with mud and parade through the streets. REUTERS/Sergio Moraes

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Feb 12 2005, 06:18 PM [b] A member of the traditional 'Bloco da Lama' (block of the Mud) performs on Jabaquara beach in Paraty, 263km from Rio de Janeiro, February 5, 2005. According to popular beliefs, the sulphurous mud makes skin healthy and beautiful. During Carnival, people dress up as cave men, cover themselves with mud and parade through the streets. REUTERS/Sergio Moraes [/b]
Since "Niner Nation" is already behind the home bench at Halton, lets put "Bloco da Lama" behind the visitors bench.

PS - Thanks for the explanation. I consider myself fairly open minded on many things but I’ve never heard of block of the Mud…and it was starting to freak me out a little. :slight_smile:

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante[/i]@Feb 12 2005, 07:03 PM [b] Since "Niner Nation" is already behind the home bench at Halton, lets put "Bloco da Lama" behind the visitors bench. [/b]
CharlotteAlum, are you in on this idea? :lol:

Sure, count me in - only problem is that JK would have to give up some of his seats…

But as long as I can’t get my argue on with Mrs. Visiting Coach, I’d dress up. LOL