School Branding

I noticed that Nike sponsored the Basketball team this year. Why is there not any more shirts and shorts…Nike golf shirts available for Charlotte.

because i don’t think nike has the rights to sell the merchandise in its stores so there for not allowing mass production of the material. i think that is what is up.

That stinks. I would like some Charlotte bball shorts alot.

you can always make your own. i’m really tempted to do that. like make them on carolina colors like they make those red carolina hats. haha.

yea haha. id just really like some authentic Charlotte shorts. And if they sold jerseys, that would be awsome. Id get a Goldwire jersey the day they started making them. Too bad our marketing is what it is.

I thought they couldn’t put college players’ names on Jerseys, or did you mean just his number?

There is word from the school that we should be able to purchase Nike Charlotte gear in the bookstore before long. I think it may start out as a test.

As for the name, you cannot buy them with college players’ names on them, but you can get them customized…

I thought they couldn't put college players' names on Jerseys, or did you mean just his number?

I was actually thinking that too. I wasnt sure tho cause I never buy jerseys. The only one I have is a Steve Young jersey. But if I could get his number, i might be willing to pay for the name on the back too. Leemire’s my favorite if you havn’t noticed haha.

[QUOTE=49or bust;169407]I was actually thinking that too. I wasnt sure tho cause I never buy jerseys. The only one I have is a Steve Young jersey. But if I could get his number, i might be willing to pay for the name on the back too. Leemire’s my favorite if you havn’t noticed haha.[/QUOTE]

Pro jerseys can be sold with players names on the back but college jersey’s can’t. College jerseys can be sold with a players number and and you can just add the name yourself or take it somewhere and have it added if you wish.

I would have gotten a Basden one or a Withers one in years past, I don’t really have a favorite on this team right now. I’m hoping Booker or Wilderness can fill that spot pretty soon though!! :biggrin:

In a post from Dec. 2004, I had stated that I contacted Nike and inquired why they didn’t produce any 49er gear

http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showpost.php?p=85252&postcount=19

and for fun:

http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showpost.php?p=125555&postcount=41

So you think if we got enough people to buy jerseys, we could get them produced? Maybe if we started a thread and asked people to sign up for a jersey, we could get them made. Think its possible?

[QUOTE=49or bust;169419]So you think if we got enough people to buy jerseys, we could get them produced? Maybe if we started a thread and asked people to sign up for a jersey, we could get them made. Think its possible?[/QUOTE]

I don’t know, it’s possible. I never did contact that place, nor did anyone else as far as I know…

Yes. It was done a couple years back with some people who got football jerseys.

I don't know, it's possible. I never did contact that place, nor did anyone else as far as I know...

Well if its possible then lets give it a shot. I mean it cant hurt to see if we have the numbers to get them made. I know I hear Charlotte gear sucks all the time.

[QUOTE=missy49er;169421]Yes. It was done a couple years back with some people who got football jerseys.[/QUOTE]

Any idea what the charge was? I’m not sure that I want a football jersey right now, but a b-ball one might not look bad.

Heck, I’d probably go in on a football one too.