SCHOOL NAME CHANGE

[QUOTE=49erMatt;379950]Will alumni have any say in this?[/QUOTE]

Not in this vote. It’s for students only. Alumni will only be able to send letters and emails advocating the change for starters, and might be able to back it up with some dollars if it comes to fruition.

well, then does anyone know anyone who writes for the school paper so we can get them to right an article. we also should get people out on campus to make them aware of what is happening. put up posters and passing them out anything to make the name changed a reality. i am tired of this ****.

I work for the paper as a writer. I can try to get you guys an interview and article at the staff meeting tomorrow (@ 5:00) I’ll let you know how it goes.

I work for the paper as a writer. I can try to get you guys an interview and article at the staff meeting tomorrow (@ 5:00) I'll let you know how it goes.
That would be awesome man. I think they should run like a week long expose or something haha.

[B][SIZE=5]FLYERING TONIGHT AT 8 or 9
[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=5][SIZE=3]Please let me know if you can help. We need all the people we can get.[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Meeting at Belk Tower at 9. Need everyone we can get.

Thanks to 49or bust, darren, thelew, and arn for helping with flyers and chalking tonight.

I found out there is a UNCFSU. Its part of the UNC system. …

[QUOTE=Gill2003;380243]I found out there is a UNCFSU. Its part of the UNC system. …[/QUOTE]

University of North Carolina Fayetteville State University?

Wow… I thought it was just Fayetteville State University?

Ohhh… I get it… they branded themselves separate from their official name!

Just like… Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, or Virginia Tech!

Or, Georgia Institute of Technology, or Georgia Tech!

What about California State University - Fresno… or Fresno State!

And, last but definitely not least:
The University of North Carolina at Charlote… aka The University of Charlotte!
… oh, wait…

Good LUck with the campaign!!! You have my support

saw all of the flyers around campus today- let’s hope we get a positive response- good job getting those out there

So how’d it go?

That would be awesome man. I think they should run like a week long expose or something haha.

The UTimes is planning on doing a story about the “Name Change” debate. While the goal of the story is to get info from both sides, I’m sure this will help the cause. Sadly, this story is in the “News” department, which I don’t write for so I won’t be the writer on it. But I’m sure it’ll turn out fine.

The UTimes is planning on doing a story about the "Name Change" debate. While the goal of the story is to get info from both sides, I'm sure this will help the cause. Sadly, this story is in the "News" department, which I don't write for so I won't be the writer on it. But I'm sure it'll turn out fine.

Thanks for the info!
Any idea on when this will be published?
If they needed someone to interview be sure to point them in 40or bust’s direction.

Thanks for the info! Any idea on when this will be published? If they needed someone to interview be sure to point them in 40or bust's direction.

It’ll probably be published next week (Tues. edition-that’s mostly what we were going over today) I think they already had someone in mind to interview in their storyboard, but I will pass along the info to the editor.

The UTimes is planning on doing a story about the "Name Change" debate. While the goal of the story is to get info from both sides, I'm sure this will help the cause. Sadly, this story is in the "News" department, which I don't write for so I won't be the writer on it. But I'm sure it'll turn out fine.

Just because you are not in the news dept doesn’t mean you can’t write it and see if they like it.

Just because you are not in the news dept doesn't mean you can't write it and see if they like it.

Well when they already gave the story out it kinda limits me man.
-I don’t get first pick on that (I write for A&E, some Viewpoint, and CTRL Z stuff) so I get first dibs there.

Set yourself as ‘Attending’ and invite all your friends at The University of Charlotte!!!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=47694202484