School's Crown Emblem

I was recently involved in a conversation about the crown the school uses for the seal. I personally really like it, but some people do not like it at all. What do you think? Should we continue to use this emblem or ditch it?

I like the crown, but think we should ditch the UNCCharlotte script.

i think it was cool 10-15 years ago, very “full house” era. Do other major universities have an athletics logo and educational logo that are so far apart?

[QUOTE=ninerID;257245]i think it was cool 10-15 years ago, very “full house” era. Do other major universities have an athletics logo and educational logo that are so far apart?[/QUOTE]

i think it also represents the fact that we live in the queen city. also the fact that this city was named after a queen helps too.

i think we should keep it.

I like the crown, but think we should ditch the UNCCharlotte script.
Yea, I didn't mean to include that but I couldnt find a pic of just the crown. (Fixed that now.)

[QUOTE=ninerID;257245]i think it was cool 10-15 years ago, very “full house” era. Do other major universities have an athletics logo and educational logo that are so far apart?[/QUOTE]

QFT

I agree and have been thinking the same thing. With our identity that we have develloped as the 49ers, we really ought change it. If they want to continue, for some reason, with a different logo then it ought to at least do something more sophisticated with a pick axe or something. But I think they need to get together on this thing and use the same logo.

[QUOTE=dax;257246]i think it also represents the fact that we live in the queen city. [B]also[/B] the fact that this city was named after a queen helps too.

i think we should keep it.[/QUOTE]
Dax… You use the word “also” as if it’s two seperate reasons… We are the “queen City” because we are named after the queen… :hammer:

[QUOTE=ChevEE;257257]I agree and have been thinking the same thing. With our identity that we have develloped as the 49ers, we really ought change it. If they want to continue, for some reason, with a different logo then it ought to at least do something more sophisticated with a pick axe or something. But I think they need to get together on this thing and use the same logo.

Dax… You use the word “also” as if it’s two seperate reasons… We are the “queen City” because we are named after the queen:hammer:[/QUOTE]

wrong. we are called the queen city because we are the largest city in the state and we are not the capital. Reason why cincy is also called the queen city.

so my use of the word also was correct. named after queen charlotte and the official title for the largest city in the state that isn’t the capital is also the queen city.

[QUOTE=49or bust;257242]I was recently involved in a conversation about the crown the school uses for the seal. I personally really like it, but some people do not like it at all. What do you think? Should we continue to use this emblem or ditch it?
[/QUOTE]
I personally like it, and immediately did since I was on the Board of Governors when it was first proposed. However, you bust, are to receive 10 demerits for a University rules violation.

Per Auxiliary Services…

[QUOTE]this mark must appear as one unit. You may not separate the crown from the verbiage.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=dax;257259]wrong. we are called the queen city because we are the largest city in the state and we are not the capital. Reason why cincy is also called the queen city.

[/QUOTE]

:blink: Then why aren’t New York, LA and Milwaukee also called the Queen City? Actually more than half of the capitals in the US are not the biggest city in the state.

Dax, wrong answer. Queen City because of Queen Charlotte…look it up.

:cool:

[QUOTE=919R;257269]Dax, wrong answer. Queen City because of Queen Charlotte…look it up.

:cool:[/QUOTE] how do you explain the other 20 cities in the US nick named the queen city?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_City

The wiki says it all.

[QUOTE=dax;257270]how do you explain the other 20 cities in the US nick named the queen city?[/QUOTE]

There has been more than one queen.

[QUOTE=WBNiner;257243]I like the crown, but think we should ditch the UNCCharlotte script.[/QUOTE]

The UNCCharlotte run-on is definitely out of here. UNC Charlotte UNCC harlote. :hammer:

in defense of Dax, i’ve heard that usage of the queen city as well.

[QUOTE=Sideshow;257281]in defense of Dax, i’ve heard that usage of the queen city as well.[/QUOTE]

thanks

But who cares if you’ve heard that usage, in this case, it’s wrong. It’s in the history of the city, it’s named after an actual Queen. It’s even in the 49er media guides.

Around the middle of the 1700’s, Scotch-Irish settlers came along the Great Wagon Road from Philadelphia. Near the Catawba River, they stopped and built a settlement which continued to grow as new neighbors moved in. The name for this new settlement was Charlotte in honor of the wife of King George III, who was the king of England… In 1768, Charlotte became an incorporated city. Charlotte was located in the new county of Mecklenburg, which was also named in honor of Queen Charlotte’s homeland of Germany. This is how Charlotte became known as the “Queen City.”

PS - the crown logo blows. Ok that’s a little bit harsh, but I think it’s a little too close for my liking to the city’s emblem and the school should come up with its own.

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;257283]PS - the crown logo blows. Ok that’s a little bit harsh, but I think it’s a little too close for my liking to the city’s emblem and the school should come up with its own.[/QUOTE]

QFT