Schyler (Sky) King SF 6-6/197

And the third guy who’s not already threaded:

Schyler King 6-6/197 Tyler, TX

He lists Chattanooga, Houston, E. Carolina, Central Michigan

Free[URL=http://www.tylerpaper.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070311/SPORTS/703110310]http://www.tylerpaper.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070311/SPORTS/703110310[/URL]

Free from Tyler JC site:[URL=http://www.apacheathletics.com/article/262.php]http://www.apacheathletics.com/article/262.php[/URL]

[QUOTE]King has done his part in two of the last three games - leading his team in rebounding while scoring 16 points in a win against Angelina, and 21 in an overtime loss to Jacksonville.

His 21-point outing on Wednesday matched a career high at TJC - King opened the season with 21 against Brookhaven.

“It’s time to make it to the playoffs, so you’ve got to step up whenever you need to,” said King, who is averaging 10.8 points on the season. “That’s what I’m doing.”

Often-times, King makes his presence felt from long range, ranking second on the team with 54 3-pointers. His 36.5-percent shooting from long distance ranks him slightly ahead of teammate Tyrone Cole-Scott, who shoots more often.

But King is also known for his versatility, which was never more evident than Wednesday night when he finished with 13 rebounds. He also scored on three buckets in the last 38 seconds of regulation and overtime before the Apaches eventually fell, 80-77.

“This league is pretty intense. You’ve got to be able to do more than just one thing,” said King, who averages 4.0 rebounds per game. “If you just try to shoot all the time, you may not be able to get it off. You’ve got to be more versatile.”

King’s well-rounded effort against Jacksonville included 5-of-9 shooting from 3-point land and 8-of-15 overall.[/QUOTE]

Ramon Clemente, Charlie Coley, Sky King (awesome name BTW) … are these players that Charlotte is interested in … or are they just players you like? I have yet to see Charlotte’s name associated with any of them. Tyrone Cole-Scott (mentioned in the article) is another fantastic unsigned player but I’m not sure if Charlotte is interested in him either.

Sky King does get points for his name. Any time you have someone whose real name sounds more like a costumed-superhero name than most nicknames…it’s pretty cool.

[QUOTE=survivor45;22905] I have yet to see Charlotte’s name associated with any of them.[/QUOTE]

Until the transfers we really could not be mentioned with them or it starts looking like you are running off dead weight. You guys take it from there.

Regardless…I’m not to thrilled by any of these guys as the look like late season desparation signees to me.

[QUOTE=max;229103]Regardless…I’m not to thrilled by any of these guys as the look like late season desparation signees to me.[/QUOTE]

It’s the spring signing period and we have 2 to give. Of course we don’t have to use them but we need talent. I think we need to add one and a top D-1 transfer.

Here’s a list of the top 25 JUCOS, take a look at the big name schools going this route (Indiana, Pitt, LSU, Tex Tech). Most Jucos sign in the spring, anyways so this is normal for teams to fill gaps at this point.

[QUOTE]2007: Junior College top 125 | JucoJunction.com | last sorted on 11/7/2006

2007 Rank Pos Ht/Wt Schools
1 Dustin Scott
Tallahassee (FL) Tallahassee CC F 6-8/215 Coll. of Charleston
2 Nemanja Calasan
Niksic, Serbia & Montenegro (OU) Midland (Tex.) College F 6-9/235 Utah
3 Jamarcus Ellis
Chicago (IL) Chipola (Fla.) JC G 6-5/185 [COLOR=Red]Indiana [/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkgreen]4 Charlie Coley
Dodge City (KS) Dodge City CC F 6-7/ list [/COLOR]
5 Steve Harley
Temple Hills (MD) South Plains (Tex.) College G 5-11/170 Nebraska
7 DeAndre Thomas
Marianna (FL) Chipola College F 6-8/270 list
8 Marcus Thornton
Kilgore (TX) Kilgore College G 6-3/190 [COLOR=red]LSU[/COLOR]
9 Cassin Diggs
Concordia (KS) Cloud County C.C. C 6-10/270 [COLOR=red]Pittsburgh[/COLOR]
10 Gary Wilkinson
Salt Lake City (UT) Salt Lake City CC F 6-8/240 Utah State
11 Kelvin Davis
Twin Falls (ID) College of Southern Idaho G 6-4/210 list
12 Quintin Thornton
Odessa (TX) Odessa (Tex.) JC F 6-9/230 [COLOR=red]LSU[/COLOR]
13 Ricardo De Bem
Scottsbluff (NE) Western Nebraska Community College C 6-10/240 [COLOR=red]Texas Tech [/COLOR]
14 Rodney Alexander
Benton Harbor (MI) Redlands (Okla.) CC F 6-7/225 list
15 Brandon Sampay
Big Spring (TX) Howard JC F 6-8/ Wichita St.
16 Nate Minnoy
Livonia (MI) Schoolcraft College F 6-3/ Central Michigan
17 Nestor Colmenares
Centerville (IA) Indian Hills CC F 6-7/225 list
18 Reggie Huffman
Altus (OK) Western Oklahoma State College F 6-7/215 UAB
19 DeAaron Williams
East Peoria (IL) Illinois Central College F 6-5/195 Bradley
20 Wade Knapp
Dodge City (KS) Dodge City CC F 6-9/ list
[COLOR=Red][COLOR=DarkGreen]21 Lamont Mack
Lufkin (TX) Angelina College F 6-7/215 Charlotte [/COLOR][/COLOR]
22 Mantas Griskenas
Poplar Bluff (MO) Three Rivers CC F 6-7/205 list
[COLOR=darkgreen]23 Ramon Clemente
Paris (TX) Paris (Tex.) JC F 6-6/210 list[/COLOR]
24 Rishawn Norwood
Akron (OH) Mt. San Antonio (Calif.) CC G 6-3/ Nebraska
25 Jay Brown
Los Angeles (CA) LA City Colleg
[/QUOTE]

Interesting seeing Bob Knight going after a juco. It goes against the perception of the type of program he runs. But then again most of that perception came from his time at Indiana and not Texas Tech.

Regardless....I'm not to thrilled by any of these guys as the look like late season desparation signees to me.

Charlie Coley looks like a high-major starter. I think he can (and will) start at a big-time program. Some have called him one of the better players in the country - juco or otherwise. If we can jump in late and sign him away from the BCS schools chasing him (Arizona, Auburn, Kansas St, Missouri, Oklahoma St, St. John’s, Texas A & M, UNLV, Louisville, Florida, Rutgers) - my only conclusion would be that we have hired a new assistant coach and she gives out the greatest oral favors in the world.

Ramon Clemente wants immediate playing time. He just scored 40 points with 11 rebounds recently and he said that he’ll probably turn down the high-major offers he’s received so that he can star at a mid-major. Wichita State has invited him on campus this weekend with the intent to sign him.

They don’t look like desperation signees to me. I’d love to sign them but I’m extremely doubtful of our chances of landing either. To me, desperation means trying to sign a no-name.

Sky King - I don’t know much about him (except for his cool name), but I’m not sure exactly how he would fit into the puzzle with Dewhurst, Wilderness, and Barnett (and Phaler this season)

whats the deal with david collins. is he going to sign with bradley. if not, we need a backup center.

whats the deal with david collins. is he going to sign with bradley. if not, we need a backup center.

He can’t sign with Bradley. I can’t figure it out. That school is out recruiting like madmen as if they have 8 scholarships to hand out. In reality, they have ZERO scholarships to hand out unless someone transfers or something. Check out their recruiting forum:

http://www.bradleyfans.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=5

They’ve been stalking Charlie Coley for months, hoping he’ll sign (see my previous post in the thread). Wade Knapp (ranked #20 for top rated juco - Lamont Mack was #21) has visited the campus recently. Collins will visit April 13-15.

[QUOTE=survivor45;229138]He [B][I]can’t[/I][/B] sign with Bradley. I can’t figure it out. That school is out recruiting like madmen as if they have 8 scholarships to hand out. In reality, they have ZERO scholarships to hand out unless someone transfers or something. Check out their recruiting forum:

[URL=http://www.bradleyfans.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=5]http://www.bradleyfans.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=5[/URL]

They’ve been stalking Charlie Coley for months, hoping he’ll sign (see my previous post in the thread). Wade Knapp (ranked #20 for top rated juco - Lamont Mack was #21) has visited the campus recently. Collins will visit April 13-15.[/QUOTE]

Same thing for Wichita State. Did you see that Survivor? They have 15 guys right now and are still trying to bring in Clemente.

Did you see that Survivor? They have 15 guys right now and are still trying to bring in Clemente.

Huh.

:wacko:

From the link you provided in the Names thread, I put it in Clemente’s thread.

Same thing for Wichita State. Did you see that Survivor? They have 15 guys right now and are still trying to bring in Clemente.

One more ‘oopsie’ in the thread: I said that Cole-Scott is unsigned. He actually verballed to Bradley (he couldn’t sign because it would put them at 14 schollies). Supposedly, they are close to signing one more of their targets (to bring them up to 15):

• Charlie Coley- #3
  • Desmond Hendrix- #9
  • Wade Knapp- #41
  • David Collins- #43
  • Terrance Watson- #46
  • Barry Eberhardt- #80
  • Demetrius Young- #81

http://www.bradleyfans.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6717&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Hopefully, they are talking about Hendrix or Knapp. I kind of hope Collins is available for us.

[QUOTE=survivor45;229116]Charlie Coley looks like a high-major starter. I think he can (and will) start at a big-time program. Some have called him one of the better players in the country - juco or otherwise. If we can jump in late and sign him away from the BCS schools chasing him (Arizona, Auburn, Kansas St, Missouri, Oklahoma St, St. John’s, Texas A & M, UNLV, Louisville, Florida, Rutgers) - my only conclusion would be that we have hired a new assistant coach and she gives out the greatest oral favors in the world.

Ramon Clemente wants immediate playing time. He just scored 40 points with 11 rebounds recently and he said that he’ll probably turn down the high-major offers he’s received so that he can star at a mid-major. Wichita State has invited him on campus this weekend with the intent to sign him.

They don’t look like desperation signees to me. I’d love to sign them but I’m extremely doubtful of our chances of landing either. To me, desperation means trying to sign a no-name.

Sky King - I don’t know much about him (except for his cool name), but I’m not sure exactly how he would fit into the puzzle with Dewhurst, Wilderness, and Barnett (and Phaler this season)[/QUOTE]

Desparation is exactly what I’m talking about because we aren’t signing any of the so called big names you speak of. And the big schools are only looking at these guys as back up to fill holes. So again, nothing worth getting excited about here.

King to Penn State…

Scout.com: Hoop Team Lands Second Juco