Scout.com page

Anyone know when/how the ScoutCharlotte.com page will get updated/linked to be more official? Normally when you are on a school’s page and go to the Football Recruiting tab, then click Prospects, it will list the players who list that school as a possibility. When you currently do that now from the Charlotte page, it just lists every single prospect in the country. Also, normally when you click on Commits it would obviously list the commitments. But when you click on it from the Charlotte page, it reroutes you to pick a different school.

[quote=“Normmm, post:1, topic:27927”]Anyone know when/how the ScoutCharlotte.com page will get updated/linked to be more official? Normally when you are on a school’s page and go to the Football Recruiting tab, then click Prospects, it will list the players who list that school as a possibility. When you currently do that now from the Charlotte page, it just lists every single prospect in the country. Also, normally when you click on Commits it would obviously list the commitments. But when you click on it from the Charlotte page, it reroutes you to pick a different school.[/quote]check out 247sports.com, much easier to navigate and find players we’re involved with. Or you can search over at Rivals.com. Scout is a waste.

Thanks. I’ll check out 247 sports. I liked that Scout was free and that you could get email updates of signings. But, if they’re not really following us it is worthless.

I second this. 247sports ranking system is awesome as well – I’m a huge fan of their “composite ranking system” where they give a rank based on not just their ranking (which is shown) but also all major recruiting sites… They may have a guy at a 4 star while the composite says 3 because scout and rivals have them at a 3…

Pretty great. They do an awesome job covering UT since they came on the scene a couple years ago… before that RIVALS owned everything.

Scout blew it when they tried to change their name to Fox Sports Next–it caused such an uproar that they changed it back in a matter of days.

[quote=“zerogeneticsdc, post:4, topic:27927”]I second this. 247sports ranking system is awesome as well – I’m a huge fan of their “composite ranking system” where they give a rank based on not just their ranking (which is shown) but also all major recruiting sites… They may have a guy at a 4 star while the composite says 3 because scout and rivals have them at a 3…

Pretty great. They do an awesome job covering UT since they came on the scene a couple years ago… before that RIVALS owned everything.[/quote]

That’s interesting. I’ve got a friend that’s a UT fan. He touted Rivals and said 247 was garbage. While browsing around some I noticed Rivals had UT’s 2014 class as #1 while 247 only had it as 7th best. :)) I quickly found out why he liked Rivals better.

Rivals has been long standing here. Volquest was one of the premier (and first) major messageboard/news oriented sites around. They really hit a home run with it. Those guys would break more news than anyone. In that, they are an anomaly. Because of it though, Rivals has a very dedicated fanbase here in Tennessee. 247 hit the scene one or two years ago and joined up with the local newspaper, so their content has gone out the roof as well.

Since I’ve not always been a vol fan and I dont pay for any of those subscriptions I really don’t care. All the news they break is available within 24 hours anyway (largely on the radio). I like 247 rankings better though – makes more sense to me!

Yeah, I’m not real biased fro one service over the other at this point either. I don’t put too much stock in whether a recruit is a 3 star or 4 star, etc. Mostly I knew that Scout had an option where you would get free email updates when a recruit signed. Free is always good and the email updates made it easy to follow. 247 might have a similar service, but I haven’t played around with it enough to find out yet.

247 is free until the season starts, below is the link to the CUSA page. I like it because it gives a good quick comparison,