Seat Belt Ticket

How do you feel about immunization laws?

Anyway, I work for an insurance company investigating injuries sustained in auto accidents. You would be surprised how many times I have seen an instance where 1 person, who was not restrained, was ejected from their vehicle and injured another party as a result. Generally this happens by the body crashing through another vehicle’s windshield/window, or by merely obstructing the roadway and causing another collision. So by not wearing a seatbelt there is no guarantee that you are hurting just yourself. At high rates of speed (and without a seat belt) you are a [COLOR=red]horrifyingly dangerous projectile[/COLOR]. Emphasis on the color red.

I just looked through my Bible. Jesus never said the words “horrifyingly dangerous projectile”

Point goes to donkeyjaws on this one… and damn it, do I hate being wrong…

As far as immunization laws go, I’m fine with them because not being immunized is a threat not only to yourself but to those around you.

How do you feel about immunization laws?

Anyway, I work for an insurance company investigating injuries sustained in auto accidents. You would be surprised how many times I have seen an instance where 1 person, who was not restrained, was ejected from their vehicle and injured another party as a result. Generally this happens by the body crashing through another vehicle’s windshield/window, or by merely obstructing the roadway and causing another collision. So by not wearing a seatbelt there is no guarantee that you are hurting just yourself. At high rates of speed (and without a seat belt) you are a [COLOR=red]horrifyingly dangerous projectile[/COLOR]. Emphasis on the color red.

Well said. It’s not about government running your life. It’s about government stepping in when your actions directly and fatally affect the lives of other citizens. When you get in your car, you drive on a public road, which you share with other citizens. Get a clue.

It’s not a question of whether people should wear a seatbelt, it is whether you feel the government should require you to wear one. There are plenty of laws that the government has to protect people from themselves. It is just another brick in the wall. They are getting bigger and people don’t care because they have their mcdonald’s and their PS3.

Well said. It's not about government running your life. It's about government stepping in when your actions directly and fatally affect the lives of other citizens. When you get in your car, you drive on a public road, which you share with other citizens. Get a clue.

this is why we don’t talk politics… because rather than comparing political viewpoints, it turns into “I believe like this and since you don’t, get a clue”

[QUOTE=thelew1014;310511]this is why we don’t talk politics… because rather than comparing political viewpoints, it turns into “I believe like this and since you don’t, get a clue”[/QUOTE]

Actually, there is a political forum on NNN. This is verging on necessity for being moved there. [URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57][B][U][COLOR=DarkGreen]Link[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]