Senior night Thursday - ESPN2 Wear GREEN

• Senior Night Thursday: [B]Men’s Basketball will honor its seniors THURSDAY [U]after[/U] the George Washington [/B]game (ESPN2; 7:00 p.m.). Please Wear Green and stick around after the game to say thanks to the 2007 senior class!

Hopefully we get a good LOUD CROWD for GW on ESPN2. We need to show our support, afterall we’re gonna get us a football team. :49ers: Seriously, a good showing by fans and team on National TV.

Football ? Cool, How come I haven’t seen any ticket information yet?

Who’s on the schedule? We might get our asses kicked but I hope there’s at least one real good road trip next season.

Guess its only a matter of time until we get into the kind of conference that we deserve…in other words, a BCS conference. Now that I think of it, how long do you think it will take until we get our 1st (of many) BCS bid?

…DON’T RUSH THE FLOOR, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS IN THIS GAME!!! I don’t care if we come back from 25 down to win on a 89 foot heave at the buzzer in triple OT, DO NOT RUSH THE FLOOR!!! We’ll still only be a .500 team even if we win, and I think we will. I’ll be the guy in green, just so’s you’ll know.

So why are we having senior night on Thursday and not Sat.? And why not before the game?

bigger turn out for a nationally televised game. students will be on spring break starting friday. i think its smart.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;221287]bigger turn out for a nationally televised game. students will be on spring break starting friday. i think its smart.[/QUOTE]

Lots of blame to go around for everything that has gone into the 06-07 season, but this must be one of the few real smart decisions that were made.

I’ll be surprised if there are more than 2000 people in the arena on Saturday (especially if GW wins on Thurs).

exactly

lets be honest - our student turnout this year is crap anyway - we cant expect for the first saturday of spring break against a team that no one really cares about is going to have a good showing. This way our seniors get the respect they deserve

[QUOTE=pcon;221286]So why are we having senior night on Thursday and not Sat.? And why not before the game?[/QUOTE]

After the game because we have 7 senior members of the team and would take up too much warmup time.

And also because the A-10 has a pre-game ceremony policy.

From the Atlantic 10 policy manual…

[QUOTE][B]6. PRE-GAME FORMAT/CEREMONIES[/B]
6.03 Brief pre-game presentations are permitted but they must not interfere with the tip-off time or any pregame warm-ups. The only pregame ceremony allowed is senior recognition. The format and timing of the senior ceremony must be submitted to the Conference office for approval by the host institution at least one week prior to the event. The senior ceremony should last no longer than 4-1/2 minutes and each team must be allowed a minimum of 3 minutes of warm-up time following the completion of the ceremony.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=49er1;221285]I’ll be the guy in green, just so’s you know.[/QUOTE]

I like it. :shades:

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;221288]
I’ll be surprised if there are more than 2000 people in the arena on Saturday (especially if GW wins on Thurs).[/QUOTE]

I’ll be more surprised if that many hang around tomorrow night after the game. It will be even worse if we lose.

Tonight’s announcers: ESPN2 (Dave Barnett; Hubert Davis)

I’m rushing the court at halftime.

I’ll bump Cakewalk’s comments from the Temple Post Game thread:

Apathy? no. Jamison was absolutely livid in the second half at some teammates for missing an assignment. Phaler played his butt off the few minutes he gets (and he will work well next year). EJ stopped a 2 on 1 fast break in the second half by setting up a beautiful charge. Coleman worked extremely hard on a Center from Spain ... ... But apathy? no way. The guys were playing a full press and working hard on defense with 30 seconds left and the game over. They were mad and upset over the loss.

My recommendation is to watch for Charlotte players working hard and battlin’ with or without the ball and to really cheer 'em on in appreciation. If this team was still playing defense with 30 seconds left in a loss at the end of a 3 game road trip - then that means they’re exhibiting the mental toughness that we did not necessarily see earlier in the year. So this might be a good time for some positive feedback for our team. Besides - it’s a ESPN2 game in March and folks will be watching.

I'm rushing the court at halftime.

God, that would hilarious.
:clap: