Seth Bennett - 2019 SG - committed to Charlotte as PWO

and added bonus. even if the kid stinks(unlikely), this can only help us branch out in the city more. plus he is a local kid from a good program. smart add by sanchez. say what you want but sanchez convinced a kid to give up going to play d1 ball for free to stay home and pay his own way for a program where playing time will be harder to come by. that is solid. now, lets go add a big or two.

i believe you are thinking of george maya who is a walkon for the football team.

no. iā€™m thinking of Luke Maye who played some this year for UNC-CH.

Maya. Maye. what the hellā€¦

I think everyone is right.

He is probably our highest rated walk on everā€¦for a walk onā€¦heā€™s a great getā€¦a value get.
But with the talent we are bringing inā€¦he should never see the floor.

Everyone is right.

Heā€™ll be a tremendous practice player for our scholarship guys to practice against and if we have another year with multiple transfers, multiple injuries and multiple suspensionsā€¦he will certainly be a better contributor than Kitoko and Blight.

Maye had ACC offers.

Maye went to Carolina as a PWO initially. he was given a scollie before he played. but we wanted him and were aghast when he didnā€™t come here. just saying , sometimes PWOs turn out. hope this kid does.

exactly what i think. i also think having the ability to shoot like this kid supposedly can will give the opportunity to earn some minutes, especially if we are playing against a zone.

The Luke Maye walk-on urban legend will probably live into infinity and beyond! :roll_eyes:

Anyway, glad to have Bennett coming on board.

check out the ā€œurban legendā€ on the net. he got a scollie before his fr. year but he entered as a PWO. whereā€™s the legend part? really. give me the Truth here.

https://amp.newsobserver.com/latest-news/article205389574.html

not trying to quibble here. so maye was GOING to be a PWO, but got scollie when preferred guy signed elsewhere. (GO DOOK!) i just remember when we were all butt-hurt that Maye would hold out for a possible spot at Cheat than sign with us.

And from January:

clt welcomes Bennett to Charlotte.

And unlike any CHeat player, he will get a great college education.

1 Like

think this kid is a steal. just watched his highlights. he can shoot. would not be suprised if he earns some pt over his career.

What was his shooting % in his high-lights?

If he gets considerable PT then hopefully he gets a schollie eventually. A first year coach gets a pass but walk-ons gettings minutes should not be the norm.