Shakeshoes the clown

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;232937]No shit. Who is that “shakeshoes” idiot?

First he thought Bobby made $150k, just because the state system doesn’t pay our coaches. Hell, in that case, Gregg was making more than Roy Williams and Sydney Lowe. What a dumbass.

Hate to break it to shakes, but I’ll guaranty triple. Probably even quadruple for Mox.[/QUOTE]

Go ask your assitant coaches. I did. They don’t make anything. I see now why Charlotte has become the worst D1 job in the Charlotte area. Along with no fan support, they don’t pay anything. The niners have fallen hard since the move to the A10.

[QUOTE=VA49er;232835]Winthrop would’ve kicked our ass last season.[/QUOTE]

Well last year anyway. Two years ago, they lost twice to Coastal Carolina, they lost to a bad So Carolina team that we beat in pre-season scrimmages, an even worse Auburn team, and near the end of the season, they lost to Liberty, the #318 RPI team in the country at the time.

I guess it would have mattered when we caught them, and vice versa. But it sure looked liked a coin flip at the time.

Oh well, they will quietly fall of the map now. Nice run while it lasted.

[QUOTE=shakeshoes;232938]Go ask your assitant coaches. I did.[/QUOTE]

Which one did you ask, smartass? Name and date.

Someone is bitter as hell that his program is now irrelevant again.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;232940]Which one did you ask, smartass? Name and date.

Someone is bitter as hell that his program is now irrelevant again.[/QUOTE]

A) I’m not going to give someone away on a public forum

B) You’ve got to be kidding me on the other statement. WU is now a mid major power, Charlotte just a middle tier mid major. Don’t let what appears to be some sort of jealousy cloud your view of Charlotte basketball. It is behind WU and Davidson now. That A10 move really hurt.

C) I have no ill will towards Charlotte, I am actually a student myself in one of the grad programs. Obviously my loyalty lies first with WU, and I do want to see some success at Charlotte, but the level of basketball I’ve seen while watching both schools the past few years is not close.

Because you made this up. Just FYI genius, Moxley was the #1 assistant @ Maryland before he came back here. He didn’t take a pay cut. Do the damn math.

Stop. Seriously. My sides are hurting. Gregg Marshall is a damn good coach but your program is a joke again now. BTW, your coliseum is dirty, cramped, and smells like ass. I had the unfortunate displeasure of visiting for the NC-SC preps game one year. I will not be back.

Totally agreed. How’d it feel to finally win a game? Win a few more and you can catch up to us.

…not as much as being stuck in the #29 RPI conference for the rest of your existence.

2007 College Basketball RPI by Conference

10 Atlantic 10 Conference
29 Big South Conference

You know, if you were an MVC fan, you MIGHT have a leg to stand on. But bashing the A10 as a Big South fan? you were 29-65 in the non-conference. 31%!!

Go color. Seriously. You’re wasting our bandwidth with your idiocy.

you’re out of your mind. The move to the A-10 hurt (it definitely hurt recruiting, but there was a lot of uncertainty as to where Charlotte would be that hurt that as well), yes, but the A-10 is still leagues ahead of the Big South and the Socon. Both are one bid conferences and have never gotten an at large bid. The Socon has an outside shot at it sometimes because they have more than one reasonably good program, but the Big South is awful, always has been awful, and always will be awful. When your league pulls in 4 and 5 star recruits (although 5 is rare for A-10 it happens sometimes) and has national players of the year, then come back and talk.

Go color. Seriously. You're wasting our bandwidth with your idiocy.

I’m sorry but that’s just damn funny.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;232943]Because you made this up. Just FYI genius, Moxley was the #1 assistant @ Maryland before he came back here. He didn’t take a pay cut. Do the damn math.

Stop. Seriously. My sides are hurting. Gregg Marshall is a damn good coach but your program is a joke again now. BTW, your coliseum is dirty, cramped, and smells like ass. I had the unfortunate displeasure of visiting for the NC-SC preps game one year. I will not be back.

Totally agreed. How’d it feel to finally win a game? Win a few more and you can catch up to us.

…not as much as being stuck in the #29 RPI conference for the rest of your existence.
[B]
2007 College Basketball RPI by Conference[/B]

[B]10 Atlantic 10 Conference[/B]
.[B]
29 Big South Conference [/B]

You know, if you were an MVC fan, you MIGHT have a leg to stand on. But bashing the A10 as a Big South fan? you were 29-65 in the non-conference. 31%!!

Go color. Seriously. You’re wasting our bandwidth with your idiocy.[/QUOTE]

A) Did I say it was Moxsley?

B) It felt good to win, a lot better than sitting at home, like you did, watching us, for the past two years.

C) You’re correct, the A10 is better than the Big South, however, the Big South has nothing to do with how good Winthrop is, and the A10 has nothing to do with how good Charlotte is. Winthrop is now a better program and will continue to be than what Charlotte is. From my observations, Charlotte is heading on a downward spiral. Winthrop is still shooting up. Marshall leaving isn’t going to change that.

D) I guess I’ll revoke my Charlotte fan card. If your idiocy represents the majority of your die hard fans (which is what, like 5 of you), then I guess you lost me. You probably don’t want to alienate anyone though, as you can barely halfway fill Halton.

AA) You didn’t spell his name right

BB) You said, on your board, that our assistants made $25k. You’re an idiot, talking completely out of your ass.

C) You're correct, the A10 is better than the Big South, however, the Big South has nothing to do with how good Winthrop is

HAD nothing to do with. It will now that Marshall is gone. Welcome to irrelevancy.

Winthrop is now a better program and will continue to be than what Charlotte is.

Ok, you’re ****ing retarded. There’s no other explanation.

HA, you’re bashing our fanbase? Your team in its best year in history couldn’t fill your little arena. Even in one of our worst seasons in the past decade we averaged almost twice as many fans at our games than Winthrop did.

You say Charlotte is in a downward spiral, but I don’t see it. We had an absurd amount of JUCO players the last 2 seasons because it was hard to recruit good high school players because Charlotte had no idea where it was going to be after it was shown the door from CUSA. We were invited to the SoCon before the A-10 and not many big recruits want to play in the SoCon because they won’t get any national attention or TV exposure. Now that things have settled down and we have one of the best recruiters in the nation back on our sideline, we’re pulling in relatively good recruits. We still have 4 and sometimes 5 star recruits give us looks and although we miss more than we land (we usually get 3 star) at least we get looks.

Winthrop won with 1 and 2 star recruits because they had a good coach that taught them to play fundamental basketball. If your new coach isn’t of the same caliber as Marshall, then expect those 1 and 2 star recruits to play like 1 and 2 star recruits.

I’m really looking forward to the possibility of our two teams meeting in the Paradise Jam. Winthrop lost 3 seniors and Charlotte has one of its better recruiting classes in the past few years. Should be a good match-up.

[QUOTE=RWORKMAN09;232952]HA, you’re bashing our fanbase? Your team in its best year in history couldn’t fill your little arena.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, another priceless invention by ShakesTheClown. Let’s investigate the truth about attendance figures.

For a source, let’s try the [URL=http://www.ncaa.org/stats/m_basketball/attendance/2005_basketball_attend.pdf]Official NCAA Site[/URL]:

#71 Charlotte 14 [games] 106,091 [Total] 7,577 [Avg]

Winthrop wasn’t even ranked cause they drew a whopping 39,238 or 2,452 per game for 16 dates.

Those were 2005 figures. I’ll grant that our attendance fell a good bit last season - the figure I saw was about 6,300, which would still place us in the 80’s somewhere, and Winthrop probably increased a good 800 or so to say, 3,300. 6,300 vs 3,300. Your best year EVER versus our 2nd worst in the past 12 years.

I think I speak for all of us when I say:

Wow someone should have warned this guy about you guys. He is jumping right into a sea of sharks. You guys are bringing out the heavy artilary like you would if you were attacking me. haha :grin:

[QUOTE=Jason4Life32;232955]Wow someone should have warned this guy about you guys. He is jumping right into a sea of sharks. You guys are bringing out the heavy artilary like you would if you were attacking me. haha :grin:[/QUOTE]

It’s a bit like kicking the village idiot. But I’m in the mood, and he’s so ridiculous. If he wants to continue being a punching bag, bring it on.

I’m taking it light on the fool. Mk and half the rest of the board would have him crying for his mom.

[QUOTE=shakeshoes;232938]Go ask your assitant coaches. I did. They don’t make anything. I see now why Charlotte has become the worst D1 job in the Charlotte area. Along with no fan support, they don’t pay anything. The niners have fallen hard since the move to the A10.[/QUOTE]

Wow no fan support, you have got to be kidding. Are you a sour South Alabama fan? GTFO.

:lmao: at ShakyShoes.

Where did he hear this crap? Please don’t tell me Mark Packer.

From the Winthrop Board:

[QUOTE=shakeshoes;232948]
Those Charlotte fans sure do have an inferiority complex. I just got banned from the board of the school I currently attend
[/QUOTE]

i dont even know where to start with this one… hahahahahaa…

:hammer: :lmao:

I don’t know why he was banned (if he was), he may have had a worse argument then some of the ones KSU sucks tries to promote on here.

Winthrop did sell out their Coliseum a few games this season for Big South games. I tried to buy tickets online for a Saturday game, and they were sold out. They had about as many fans as Tar Hole nation at the Bobcats Arena for that November game.

So who did Winthrop name as their new coach, a Marshall assistant? He probably learned something over the years, just like Marshall did from Kreese.

[QUOTE=Mike Niner Hunt;232973]Winthrop did sell out their Coliseum a few games this season for Big South games. I tried to buy tickets online for a Saturday game, and they were sold out. They had about as many fans as Tar Hole nation at the Bobcats Arena for that November game.

So who did Winthrop name as their new coach, a Marshall assistant? He probably learned something over the years, just like Marshall did from Kreese.[/QUOTE]

I dont know what game you were at for the preseason NIT at bobcats, but there was a hell’of alot more baby blue than scarlet red in the crowd. Be careful with the word “about”. It was like 2-1 in favor of Chapel Hill. Nice try though.

[QUOTE=Mike Niner Hunt;232973]
They had about as many fans as Tar Hole nation at the Bobcats Arena for that November game.
[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, that game wasn’t very heavily attended by fans of either team, which was a surprise since the tarholes were ranked either #1 or #2 in the nation at the time.

One would think a team receiving that much local press would fill up the coliseum, especially being ranked that high and having only one Charlotte appearance.

There… :smile: