Shawn Lester - 2012 SG - Signed LOI

Didn’t Rose say that the players couldn’t transfer last year after Lutz was dismissed? I see there being potential to lose a few players this offseason. Namely Sirin (high probability), Braswell (medium probability) and maybe Luka (lower Probability).[/quote]

I don’t see us losing Luka. If he wanted to, couldn’t he just have went elsewhere in the first place.

Didn’t Rose say that the players couldn’t transfer last year after Lutz was dismissed? I see there being potential to lose a few players this offseason. Namely Sirin (high probability), Braswell (medium probability) and maybe Luka (lower Probability).[/quote]

I don’t see us losing Luka. If he wanted to, couldn’t he just have went elsewhere in the first place.[/quote]

Rose said no one could transfer, but Luka is a Major recruit. Lutz did not bring him here. He is free to do as he pleases, but I would assume he is happy here.

I don’t see Luka leaving, if he was going to, I would think that have happened already.

sounds like this kid is going to jump to whatever ACC school offers him. Clemson & Miami are interested but have not offered yet. Has offers from Duquesne & Ga Southern, the old NCSU team offered. Said Clemson will be #1 on list if they offer.

Oklahoma State offered Lester today.

Evidently the earlier reports about Charlotte offering were false. Today we offered and there appears to be a mutual interest between both parties.

Shawn posted this on Facebook:

UNCC offer a full ride today! I dnt care what ppl say UNCC is a good school nd I wouldn't mind goin there to play ball!! Who eva bash me is against me whoeva on my side is wit me!! A10 is good ACC is a dream can play there to! Where eva I get love I will be dere! L O!! #49nersFlow!!

Thats good to see… Hopefully, and no offense to him, the acc stays away.

Yeah, some mo’town talent! Hopefully he comes here. I went and saw him play a few times, although he didn’t have always have spectacular nights, he is such a smooth player. Everything looks really easy and smooth for him. I like watching this kid play, he has a certain coolness about him that I think keeps the rest of the team calm and focused as well.

Anyways, hopefully we land him, would be a great 4 year for us.

Don’t really know what to make of that comment. I hope the staff can talk him into coming here as it would appear that there is mutual interest. We all know how these high-caliber basketball players can be influenced, though, and if some of his peers or coaches are saying negative things or negatively altering his perception of our program…ugh…just wont hold my breath on this one. Probably ACC bound. Their lifelong dreams are to play for the schools they see on tv, and we have been irrelevant for some time now.

“I dnt care what ppl say UNCC is a good school”

We need to set aside some serious money to get on top of our branding and image. Perception is reality and we need to change ours. A diamond in the rough can only be a diamond if you work on the rough.

[quote=“TheShowDawg, post:31, topic:23572”]“I dnt care what ppl say UNCC is a good school”

We need to set aside some serious money to get on top of our branding and image. Perception is reality and we need to change ours. A diamond in the rough can only be a diamond if you work on the rough.[/quote]

^This. I know that he is a kid, but that quote from him is embarassing.

That being said, I’ve seen this kid play and he can play. I’d take him on our team in a heartbeat.

I think you’d all be amazed at what simply changing our URL to Charlotte.edu could do.

We can call ourselves Charlotte all we want, but anytime someone visits our website, there is UNCC slapping them in the face.

virginia tech is VT.edu.

Unfortunately the fed. government controls the .edu domains and we are not allowed to have more than one.

Missouri State (previously Southwest Missouri State) was able to make the .edu change. It was smsu.edu. Now it’s missouristate.edu. It’s not a tiny school, either (20k+ undergrads). Yet, they somehow made the change without the campus spontaneously bursting into flames.

Missouri State (previously Southwest Missouri State) was able to make the .edu change. It was smsu.edu. Now it’s missouristate.edu. It’s not a tiny school, either (20k+ undergrads). Yet, they somehow made the change without the campus spontaneously bursting into flames.[/quote]

Just goes to show you people can get things done if they care or try hard enough… something that is lacking at UNC - charlotte

When your Chancellor is infatuated with UNC-CH, don’t hold your breath for a domain name change.

Shawn Lester, you would be welcomed at Charlotte!!!

Threadjackers, I hate our name and URL too, and we have a forum for that!

i assume he is our top choice at shooting guard?

[quote=“2k, post:27, topic:23572”]Shawn posted this on Facebook:

UNCC offer a full ride today! I dnt care what ppl say UNCC is a good school nd I wouldn't mind goin there to play ball!! Who eva bash me is against me whoeva on my side is wit me!! A10 is good ACC is a dream can play there to! [b]Where eva I get love I will be dere! [/b] L O!! #49nersFlow!!
[/quote]

Someone start a Charlotte Niners Love Shawn Lester facebook page.

2k your avatar is gorgeous!

Charlotte is an AMAZING school, both for academics and athletics. Travel around the country a bit and you will soon realize how much Charlotte has to offer a student - athlete. Charlotte’s athletic facilities with the new construction going on will be the envy of many, many other schools.

I agree on our branding - Would like to see some harcore Niners running that show.