Shout out for 49er fan Ray Durham

Ray Durham got his 2000th hit last night in MLB. Ray is a good dude. He went to Harding and I see him at our hoops games on occasion. He also used to frequently work out with the Niner baseball team before spring training starts.

True story: he is the fastest person I’ve ever seen on a baseball field. In 1990 my jr year at Providence (year it opened) Harding came to play us. There were about 20 scouts at the game to watch him and it was an electric feeling. He had never been caught steeling in HS (I think at the time he was 90-90). So he tried to steel 3rd- and a guy who ended up playing at UNCW, Marshall Cooper threw him out at third.

I never thought “that guy” would end up with a front row in history watching Bonds break every HR record, nor get 2000 MLB hits.

WAY TO GO RAY DURHAM!!! Ray is one of my alltime favorite players. Of course I became a huge fan of his when he was an all-star second baseman for the chi-sox, and have remained a big fan.

Never knew he was a supporter of the Niners, that just makes him that much more awesome! CONGRATS RAY!! :thumbsup: :clap: :toast:

Ray also did some pitching for Harding, threw hard

Ray is a good guy. He grow up down the street from where my grandpa lived and Ray would stop by and say hi.
He was also a great high school football player.

Ray really is a class act… I met him about 6 or 7 years ago at a batting cage in Pineville I think it was… I took my nephew to the batting cages & he happened to be there hitting… He was crushing it… He took time to talk to my nephew about the game & even signed a ball for him… GREAT guy. Congrats Ray!!

Never went to college and has made over $65 million playing baseball. I hope he’s on Judy’s suck-up list.

I knew he was from Charlotte, but never knew he was a supporter of the Niners. Thanks for sharing metro.

I wonder if he is a college football fan???

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;324885]

I wonder if he is a college football fan???[/QUOTE]

Ray Durham Stadium?

works for me.

Always liked him. Glad to hear he is such a Niners fan. Congrats Ray!