Shoutbox

[quote=“Hooner49, post:37, topic:22750”]I guess this means the dice game will rely on the honor system.

/roll

6[/quote]

/roll

CLUTCH!

[quote=“J Felt, post:41, topic:22750”]/roll

CLUTCH![/quote]

/roll

12 total

Wow what are the odds?

[quote=“J Felt, post:38, topic:22750”]metro would be selfish and want the site to be configured how he wants it, what a rook.

The shoutbox is a ninernation.net staple, it is where all the news breaks and all arguments are solved on the field of dice battle. Plus, where else would Savio give us unneeded updates about his “movements”?[/quote]
Well…rook’

Cusa-talk never had it and never crashed but I admit its a fun option

The other downer is a shoutbox inhibits posting, so a lot of good info never is recorded but gone in 2 mins, ie yesterday when Lefty said Lutz is recruiting this wk and Utter said “you are so wrong” and about 5 of us watched the plug on Lutz get pulled. All that jazz used to be in posts where we could laugh later

Welcome to the 21st century, enjoy your stay.

[quote=“metro, post:43, topic:22750”][quote=“J Felt, post:38, topic:22750”]metro would be selfish and want the site to be configured how he wants it, what a rook.

The shoutbox is a ninernation.net staple, it is where all the news breaks and all arguments are solved on the field of dice battle. Plus, where else would Savio give us unneeded updates about his “movements”?[/quote]
Well…rook’

Cusa-talk never had it and never crashed but I admit its a fun option

The other downer is a shoutbox inhibits posting, so a lot of good info never is recorded but gone in 2 mins, ie yesterday when Lefty said Lutz is recruiting this wk and Utter said “you are so wrong” and about 5 of us watched the plug on Lutz get pulled. All that jazz used to be in posts where we could laugh later[/quote]
Imagine if you didn’t post 1000x times that there was no possible way we were going to fire Lutz since we could never afford to buy him out…

All of that hilarity would have been wasted only in the shoutbox. :))

Welcome to the 21st century, enjoy your stay.[/quote]
Hey I post from bb 99% of time so touche :slight_smile:

Eason, it floored me AND every longtime niner we bought him out. I can admit it, I just feel sorry for the rest of the coaches who will be really nickle and dimed now down to how many sharpies they order in order to cast Lutz off.

lol ok you win

:stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
:stuck_out_tongue:

Did anyone watch the ESPN 30 for 30 on Reggie Miller and the NY Knicks? It really made me miss 90’s NBA basketball.

[quote=“metro, post:43, topic:22750”]The other downer is a shoutbox inhibits posting, so a lot of good info never is recorded but gone in 2 mins, ie

1. yesterday when Lefty said Lutz is recruiting this wk and

2. Utter said “you are so wrong” and

3. about 5 of us watched the plug on Lutz get pulled.

All that jazz used to be in posts where we could laugh later[/quote]

That was a rather surreal moment. I was nearly ready to logoff when the “you are so wrong” message popped up.

No doubt - hard to explain to kids (15-25) what the NBA was from about 1982 to 1996. It is a shell of it’s former self.

No doubt - hard to explain to kids (15-25) what the NBA was from about 1982 to 1996. It is a shell of it’s former self.[/quote]

I have really enjoyed the NBA the past 4 or years. Its improved leaps and bounds from where it was at the around the first half of the aughts.

But watching that footage of Reggie in the garden just made me remember how freaking awesome it was during that time. Such a great rivalry from 2 teams that never won a damn thing. You’re not gonna find that anymore.

Also…what the hell happened to Anthony Mason? He’s got to be pushing 4 bills.

Just had a random thought so I figures it could go here.

Since Lutz is gone does that mean 49erpi will be back on the 9er wagon? I kinda miss arguing with that dipshit.

You guys think losing out on Bowen had anything to do with it also? Seemed like the perfect strom with the UMASS debacle, the NIT debacle and losing out on another top 150 recruit. If we did get a verbal from Bowen I would have been pissed that they let him go.

It took something as big as the Lutz firing to get me to listen to Packer. But Kilgo just stated he’s spoken to two coaches who want the job and both called our program a sleeping giant. Wonder if McKillop was one since he has ties to Kilgo?

I don’t want McKillop, he’s got 5-7 yrs left in the tank max

that idiotic clown Chris McClain kept saying that too

I want someone hungry, young, and will sleep in his office 6 nights a wk studying tape and recruiting

No way. It’s probably Doh and Town Drunk Ford he’s referring to.

I’m guessing getting passed over by the NIT was the final straw. Didn’t Rose call Lutz to set up the Monday morning meeting Sunday night?

No doubt - hard to explain to kids (15-25) what the NBA was from about 1982 to 1996. It is a shell of it’s former self.[/quote]

I have really enjoyed the NBA the past 4 or years. Its improved leaps and bounds from where it was at the around the first half of the aughts.

But watching that footage of Reggie in the garden just made me remember how freaking awesome it was during that time. Such a great rivalry from 2 teams that never won a damn thing. You’re not gonna find that anymore.

Also…what the hell happened to Anthony Mason? He’s got to be pushing 4 bills.[/quote]

While the NBA has improved greatly over the past few years, especially with the ball movement from the rule changes, it will never be like it was in the 80s and early mid 90s.

There are no true rivalries anymore. No one hates anyone else, they are all friends. Everything is too PC, probably as a result of the Palace Brawl.

I am not a Knicks fan, but those games were so damn intense, it was incredible.

The documentary was really good.

Also…what the hell happened to Anthony Mason? He’s got to be pushing 4 bills.[/quote]

While the NBA has improved greatly over the past few years, especially with the ball movement from the rule changes, it will never be like it was in the 80s and early mid 90s.

There are no true rivalries anymore. No one hates anyone else, they are all friends. Everything is too PC, probably as a result of the Palace Brawl.

I am not a Knicks fan, but those games were so damn intense, it was incredible.

The documentary was really good.[/quote]

Also contributing to this is that there are so many fresh and soph that go to the NBA early now. Add those kids into the euros and fans don’t have a good idea of who is who. I hated the Knicks, because I hated Ewing, because he went to Georgetown and I hated Georgetown. Kids aren’t in college long enough for fans to learn who they are and then care about them in the pros.