SI has Niners at No. 19

Click at your own risk

Doesn’t suprise me.
Better title would have been “Head Case or Trophy Case?”

Better Title: UNC and Prison… Are they one in the same?

Ha!! Welcome to the SI cover curse Mike. Enjoy your stay.

And I know you won’t steal bandwidth, but I will!

vincet grier must feel like a moron right now :grin: :lmao: :smirk: :biglaugh:

hit the button twice

Oaklahoma at #2? Don’t know if I agree with that.

If my memory is correct, were we not ranked number 19 in SI’s preseason rankings in 1977? If so, we just danced our way to final four that year!!! I love when history repeats itself!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yea if only not for one bad call by the refs we would have been in the national championship with unc, and could have changed the course of north carolina basketball history.

[i]Originally posted by MeanGreen[/i]@Nov 16 2004, 06:22 PM [b] If my memory is correct, were we not ranked number 19 in SI's preseason rankings in 1977? If so, we just danced our way to final four that year!!!!!!! I love when history repeats itself!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: [/b]
If that is true then it is the most amazing thing I read today. Not being ranked #19, but just that someone remembers it......

Historically this much pub and hype have been the kiss of death for us. I hope we break that sorry tradition this year. GO NINERS!!!

those that overlooked us in other polls may reconsider the niners. i would not be suprised to us pop into other polls soon.

Here’s the link to our blurb…

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/maga…1/15/charlotte/

I like the opposing coaches view: “Charlotte is a sleeping giant.” B)

Nice write-up. I’m picking one up today.

I bet the Memphidiots are sobbing about this one as well. :lol:

[b]I bet the Memphidiots are sobbing about this one as well. [/b]

I took the liberty to inform them of this event as well as corrected them on their 6BC title. According to SI, it’s more like 4B(N)C and 2BCUSA. I also gave them a curteous tip to pick up some padding before the Charlotte-Memphis game because they are going to get SPANKED!

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 09:53 AM [b] I bet the Memphidiots are sobbing about this one as well. :lol: [/b]
MK, you are assuming they can read.
[i]Originally posted by NormanNiner[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 08:31 AM [b]

I like the opposing coaches view: “Charlotte is a sleeping giant.” B) [/b]

Hopefully this is the year we wake up and live up to the hype.

I think it will be.

:toast:

[i]Originally posted by VA49er[/i]@Nov 17 2004, 09:43 AM [b] MK, you are assuming they can read. [/b]
:smirk: :smirk: