Signing Day - Nov 9th

Lefty’s right on. Tatum’s going to sign late, but he said no worries…

http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=477437

[QUOTE=Jordan_NinerReport;138742]Lefty’s right on. Tatum’s going to sign late, but he said no worries…

http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=477437[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Reassuring comments from Tatum. Huge numbers in his first game. Big time potential.

The Observer signing story mentions a verbal from Wilderness.

that might have been a misprint. cause i didn’t see anything about tatum in there.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;138756]that might have been a misprint. cause i didn’t see anything about tatum in there.[/QUOTE]

It’s from Jordan’s story on Niner Report.

From Tatum:

[QUOTE]I’ve talked it over with coach Lutz and coach Hill and we all have a full understanding about everything. They’re committed to me and I’m committed to them, no question."
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I’m definitely committed to Charlotte," he said. “There’s no question.”[/QUOTE]

According to the Observer we have a committment from Wilderness

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;138755]Thanks. Reassuring comments from Tatum. Huge numbers in his first game. Big time potential.

The Observer signing story mentions a verbal from Wilderness.[/QUOTE]

I still say…if you’re coming, you’re coming…sign as soon as you can if you’re serious. Why wait until April? Unless you are waivering.

He claimed he wanted to work on academics first before commiting. Wouldn’t you want to commit first so you could rid yourself of the recruiting process so you CAN concentrate on nothing but academics.

I hope his commitment is solid…but it sure sounds fishy.

Von Wafer part deux

Other A-10 teams getting NLOIs on the first day…

Dayton: Dayton Signs Four Top Men’s Basketball Recruits

Duquesne: Men’s Basketball Announces Three Early Signees

St. Bonaventure: Men’s basketball adds guard, forward on first day of fall signing period

Saint Louis: Dustin Maguire Signs National Letter of Intent

Xavier: Xavier Men’s Basketball Signs Cincinnati Area Prep All-Star

Relax ye of little faith. He probably just wants to seal the deal on being a qualifier. The key is to avoid a Rodney White/Demon Brown part deux.

Suppose he does sign and doesn’t qualify. That scholarship which could be used on someone else is locked up. Positive spin: He’s being unselfish by not signing yet.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;138770]Relax ye of little faith. He probably just wants to seal the deal on being a qualifier. The key is to avoid a Rodney White/Demon Brown part deux.

Suppose he does sign and doesn’t qualify. That scholarship which could be used on someone else is locked up. Positive spin: He’s being unselfish by not signing yet.[/QUOTE]

NLP is the freaking buddha of NNN. Preach on wise brother. :thumbsup:

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;138770]Relax ye of little faith. He probably just wants to seal the deal on being a qualifier. The key is to avoid a Rodney White/Demon Brown part deux.

Suppose he does sign and doesn’t qualify. That scholarship which could be used on someone else is locked up. Positive spin: He’s being unselfish by not signing yet.[/QUOTE]

Hope you’re right…you usually are.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;138545]dear God PLEASE let us find a true BIG MAN for next year. this whole wing player frezy is really getting out of hand. dont get me wrong, i love it when we sign a highly touted wing who can take it to the rack, but when we are getting MURDERED on the boards and getting posted up and abused on every possesion next year, we are going to wish we were able to snag a 6’8 or 6’9 240lb+ banger of a center…:unhappy:[/QUOTE]

So you would like to sign the next “Thunder from Down Under” or Tyler Best? I’d rather take a bunch of wing players that have a chance to contribute than a lousy center that can do noting but take up space and cannot run the floor. You get enough wing players with a PG who can pass and we will run dictate tempo and out run the other team.

By the way, Eddie seemed to get plenty of rebounds.

Blog by Cincy sportswriter Dustin Dow (covers Xavier/A-10 for the Cincinnati Enquirer):

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Signing day begins at 7 a.m. Wednesday

So let’s take a quick glance at the winners of the recruiting season so far in the A-10.

Winners
(Note: this isn’t as full list of recruits – just the most notable ones)

Charlotte: Impact players – Carlos Williams (Top 25 point guard, juco transfer), Cameron Tatum (Top 50 small forward)

Xavier: Impact players – Adrion Graves (Top 20 shooting guard, best incoming high school recruit in the A-10), Jason Love (Top 50 power forward) Class also includes Oklahoma transfer Drew Lavender, a McDonald’s All-American, who is the highest-impact incoming player in the league.

Saint Joseph’s: Impact players – Darrin Govens (Top 25 point guard), Jawan Carter (Top 50 point guard), Derrick Rivera (Top 75 guard)

UMass: Impact players – Tiki Mayben (A Top 75 overall player coming out of high school in ’05 when he committed to Syracuse. Failed to qualify and transferred to UMass without playing for the Orange). Also includes Gary Forbes, a transfer from Virginia who was ineligible at U. Va.

Dayton: Impact players – Marcus Johnson (Top 50 shooting guard). Also includes Andres Sandoval, a transfer from Richmond.

Rising
Duquesne (Hernol Hall was a big pick up out of juco pool)

Solid
Rhode Island, Temple, Richmond, Fordham, La Salle

Underwhelming
George Washington, St. Bonaventure and St. Louis (sic)

posted by Dustin Dow @ 11:35 PM

Link: NCAA Blog

Sounds accurate. The UNC system is a lot more stringent than most states as far as credits go. Another one of the recruiting hurdles we face.

This is good news. I don’t remember signing so many guys in the early period. I’ll thank Lutz and his posse tonight in person.

College Basketball is a guards game. Good guards beat Good bigs everytime. Too easy to trap, press, penetrate and shoot the 3 at the colleg level. I like the look of our team. A ton of long athletic wings who can run and jump all day. Much better than Plavich shooting 30 footers.

Looks like the future league battles may be between Charlotte and Xavier… the rivarly with the city of Cincinatti continues…

More A-10 signings…

Richmond: Men’s Basketball Signs Four Student-Athletes To Letters Of Intent