Site/Shoutbox moving slow

Hey Mac,

Just wanted to post this on here. Site & Shoutbox is moving pretty slow at times, wanted to make sure you were #aware.

Some others have complained about it as well, let us know if there is something we can do to help.

Thanks for the heads up… Was affraid that might be the case. Bear with me while I try and make it better. Chat can be one of the more CPU intensive web server tasks. It’s always been so integral, removal is not an option…

Thanks, just wanted to point it. Obviously no one was complaining about the site.

Much faster now. Thanks for the hard work Mac.

Wish it was that simple. I’ve turned on some logging and made some tweaks to get the memory footprint down. Still going to be slow though for now with volume. May have to go with a heftier virtual server to keep things running smooth…

Anyway you can get the donation link set back up? I’m sure many will pitch in to help if a new virtual server is required.

Going to be playing with the site a bit over the next hour or so… Trying out some things to reduce load.

The site seems faster today Mac, perhaps some of the things you tried worked?

Things should be a bit faster tomorrow. Spent a good bit of time on things tonight. I pulled the front end the site had as it was a dog performance wise. I also optimized DB tables, etc.

I’ll be installing another front end, but one that should be lighter weight. Hopefully everything is more responsive after the updates…

Thanks Mac! We appreciate everything you are doing!

I know some are seeing session issues, etc. That is induced by the DNS issues we had yesterday. it might take a day or two for things to totally clear up depending on your particular ISP, your DNS cache settings, etc.

Thanks, Mac!

Did some server optimizations this afternoon. Page loads are extremely fast at the moment, hope it continues into monday once we see some traffic.

Now that I’ve got some optimizations done, I’ll be putting another front page on the site in the coming days.

Warning: It will not have the exact same look as what we had. I won’t be going back to the portal we were using as it just did not work well with the size of our forum and performance wasn’t what it should have been. We’ll still have recent posts, rss, etc. IT just won’t be what it was exactly.

Thanks Mac, the site is incredibly quick! I look forward to the new changes.

Mac, I logged in at work (Wells Fargo) on Friday and for the first time in weeks it worked! Just in time for basketball season. Thanks.

clt daps mac.