site suggestion

mods,
why not make the shoutbox bigger, it has grown into a messageboard itself. Are there setting where I can make it larger?

mods, why not make the shoutbox bigger, it has grown into a messageboard itself. Are there setting where I can make it larger?

I enlarged it awhile back already. The Shoutbox is an add-on feature just to compliment the site. It’s not meant to be the focus, despite the heavy use it gets. If it is further enlarged, it just throws all of the other stuff out of whack. I can possibly extend the height a tad further but it won’t be significant. There are plenty of forums and a chat room that can be utilized for similar purposes.

I just enlarged it a little more and increased the visible shouts from 20 to 30. If we went any bigger with the size of the box, I’d have to move it down to the bottom of the other stuff. If I do that, then I can make it significantly larger. But I have a feeling that most people here enjoy it being up at the top of the page so it’s easily visible.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;205272]I just enlarged it a little more and increased the visible shouts from 20 to 30. If we went any bigger with the size of the box, I’d have to move it down to the bottom of the other stuff. If I do that, then I can make it significantly larger. But I have a feeling that most people here enjoy it being up at the top of the page so it’s easily visible.[/QUOTE]

gotcha, it is better. thanks

Any chance we can get the favicon back? I prefer no words in my bookmark bar and favicons help a lot. I think there used to be one so I assume there is an image file available. Thanks!

Done… IE picked it up immediately, my firefox hasn’t yet though.

[quote=“ninermac, post:6, topic:12339”]Done… IE picked it up immediately, my firefox hasn’t yet though.[/quote]Sweet! Thank you. Chrome picked it up.

You might try browsing to http://ninernation.net/favicon.ico in Firefox; that might get it to pick it up.

I use Firefox for Mac and picked it up. Since we’re on the subject of browsers, does anyone know a good Chrome for Mac plugin that handles .pdfs nicely?

Dunno about the Mac version, but the latest Windows version displays PDFs in the browser natively (I think under the hood it’s using Foxit).