SIU - Premonition

Maybe we can try to move on. Next up is the Salukis on Saturday. Please, NA, don’t post anything on them. That may be the bad luck mojo you’re reigning down on us.

For some reason, I feel like we will win this game. No idea why. But this seems to be the school’s MO. Pull one out (or let one flop) when you least expect it.

If any Salukis come back from last yr, welcome. Like I said last yr, you guys are a class act. Thank goodness we can even schedule this series.

[QUOTE=cakewalk5;366735]Maybe we can try to move on. Next up is the Salukis on Saturday. Please, NA, don’t post anything on them. That may be the bad luck mojo you’re reigning down on us.

For some reason, I feel like we will win this game. No idea why. But this seems to be the school’s MO. Pull one out (or let one flop) when you least expect it.

If any Salukis come back from last yr, welcome. Like I said last yr, you guys are a class act. Thank goodness we can even schedule this series.[/QUOTE]

NO, We will lose, I have FAITH in it.

I’m convinced that if Coley brings back the afro, it will bring back the wins…

and we need chuck norris’ tears to cure shamarr’s leg…

[QUOTE=Cooch;366739]I’m convinced that if Coley brings back the afro, it will bring back the wins…[/QUOTE]

we are 0-2 with the fro…maryland and richmond.

[QUOTE=jfickett;366741]we are 0-2 with the fro…maryland and richmond.[/QUOTE]

yeah let’s not bring back the 'fro

i think Mack ought to shave his cornrows just like his favorite player Carmelo Anthony did last month

get rid of that bad mojo

The Salukis are 2-3 this year…two of those losses to UCLA and Duke. Third loss was to WKU…a team that destroyed Louisville. This is a strong team.

Trivia…the Salukis made the NIT last year, advanced to the 2nd round, where they lost to…Arizona State.

we are 0-2 with the fro...maryland and richmond.

True! Thats what I was thinking…

I say Mohawks for the whole team!

Charlotte-92
Salukis - 68

Charlotte-92 Salukis - 68

I think we win by more than that.

I think we win by more than that.

QFmother****ingT!!!

I just hope the officials let the boys play -> I think we can out club’em.

[QUOTE=cakewalk5;366735]Maybe we can try to move on. Next up is the Salukis on Saturday. Please, NA, don’t post anything on them. That may be the bad luck mojo you’re reigning down on us.

[B]For some reason, I feel like we will win this game.[/B] No idea why. But this seems to be the school’s MO. Pull one out (or let one flop) when you least expect it.

If any Salukis come back from last yr, welcome. Like I said last yr, you guys are a class act. Thank goodness we can even schedule this series.[/QUOTE]

Whoa dude… I was just thinking the same thing. Then I woke up.

[QUOTE=NinerFan;366875]I just hope the officials let the boys play -> I think we can out club’em.[/QUOTE]

This is one team you do NOT want to play with the game called loosely. They are known for playing physical and are quite good at it. 92-6 at home over the last 7 seasons did not happen by accident. I will be more than tickled to escape Carbondale with a W.

The Salukis are tough at home, though we have proven we can go to Carbondale and get a W. They are led by 6-8 sophomore F Carlton Fay (14 ppg), 6-0 frosh G Kevin Dillard (11.7 ppg), and 6-2 senior G Bryan Mullins (9.0 ppg). Dillard and Mullins are both shooting over 50% on 3-pointers, with Fay at 44%.

BTW, SIU plays Saint Louis tonight.

[QUOTE=X-49er;366908]This is one team you do NOT want to play with the game called loosely. They are known for playing physical and are quite good at it. 92-6 at home over the last 7 seasons did not happen by accident. I will be more than tickled to escape Carbondale with a W.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya and understand. That being said, I think in a club-fest we can win. We will see.

[B]Dillard and Mullins are both shooting over 50% on 3-pointers, with Fay at 44%.[/B]
Well that's good, we don't usually have trouble with guys torching us from outside. :unhappy:

I have zero expectations for this game. I hope the team surprises me, but this is going to be a tough one even without their home cooking.

Dillard is probably going to be the best basketball player to ever attend SIU once he’s done. The guy is that good.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;366979]Dillard is probably going to be the best basketball player to ever attend SIU once he’s done. The guy is that good.[/QUOTE]

Even better than this guy?

Wikipedia.org: Who is it? Just follow this link to discover identity of greatest Saluki hoopster. :tongue:

Who just happen to also be on this list?

Wikipedia.org: 50 Greatest Players in NBA History

[B]Salukis Coach Chris Lowery on team chemistry

[/B]

SIU head coach Chris Lowery said the underclassmen need to separate what they’ve done in high school and what they are doing on the collegiate level.

“They come in so highly acclaimed that they all think they can do what they did as high school seniors. The biggest thing for them to realize is that nobody cares about that,” Lowery said. “For them to come in here to blend - and that’s what they need to do - blend and help us be good instead of trying to stick out and be individuals.”

http://media.www.siude.com/media/storage/paper1096/news/2008/12/02/Sports/Young.Salukis.Fighting.Through.Adversity-3564621.shtml