Small School Debate

The term “smaller school” implies that we are a smallER school than the one being compared to. Thats it. Thats all of it. You are reading WAY to much into this.

It doesnt mean we are a small school, or small time, or whatever other grave insult you feel it might mean. It just means we are a smaller school than UNC-CH. And guess what? We are. In almost every metric possible we are a smaller school than UNC-CH. But a shit load of schools are smaller than UNC-CH. A shit load of really good schools. Its not an insult.

Its amazing you are getting worked up over this.

YES!!!

and EAD

I’ll compare our national championships to the Tar Heels’ any day of the week.

:frowning: >:( >:([/quote]

We are smaller in both profile and enrollment than Chapel Hill, some battles you should probably let go.[/quote]

Oh, I’m sure he meant “smaller” in terms of enrollment ::slight_smile: (~30,000 vs. 26,000…yes, we’re soooo MUCH smaller anyway) …and “smaller” would not be the correct term if he was referring to “profile”. “Lower profile” would be the correct terminology. These are the types of comments that continually make outsiders think we are still a 2,000 student satellite campus of Chapel Hill.[/quote]

Dude, you need to get laid. Yes, lower profile would be the correct terminology, but my God man, get a life or something.[/quote]

I’ve got plenty of “life” jackass. (Note: I didn’t start the personal shots). I simply stated an opinion on the term “smaller school”…you still got a problem, then PM me.[/quote]

PM you??? You really do need to get laid.

Over saying we’re smaller than Chapel Hill? Sorry, I should have said why would he want to go be a practice dummy for a National Contender like UNC-Ch over actually playing for a team that can’t even get to the dance in the damn A-10.

Is THAT better?

All of this arguing over smaller vs lower. I guess he’s right, we should be saying we’re lower than Chapel Hill.[/quote]

But all of the arguing started because of a walk on at Chapell Hill. EAD.

All of this arguing over smaller vs lower. I guess he’s right, we should be saying we’re lower than Chapel Hill.[/quote]

But all of the arguing started because of a walk on at Chapell Hill. EAD.[/quote]

Next time be right.

But all of the arguing started because of a walk on at Chapell Hill. EAD.[/quote]

Next time be right.[/quote]

Next time don’t breathe.

:frowning: >:( >:([/quote]

We are smaller in both profile and enrollment than Chapel Hill, some battles you should probably let go.[/quote]

Oh, I’m sure he meant “smaller” in terms of enrollment ::slight_smile: (~30,000 vs. 26,000…yes, we’re soooo MUCH smaller anyway) …and “smaller” would not be the correct term if he was referring to “profile”. “Lower profile” would be the correct terminology. These are the types of comments that continually make outsiders think we are still a 2,000 student satellite campus of Chapel Hill.[/quote]

Dude, you need to get laid. Yes, lower profile would be the correct terminology, but my God man, get a life or something.[/quote]

I’ve got plenty of “life” jackass. (Note: I didn’t start the personal shots). I simply stated an opinion on the term “smaller school”…you still got a problem, then PM me.[/quote]

PM you??? You really do need to get laid.

Over saying we’re smaller than Chapel Hill? Sorry, I should have said why would he want to go be a practice dummy for a National Contender like UNC-Ch over actually playing for a team that can’t even get to the dance in the damn A-10.

Is THAT better?[/quote]

Geez, why the obsession with my sex life…sounds to me like maybe you need to get laid…Since you were the poster, what does enrollment size have to do with whether the kid should go to Chapel Hill or Charlotte…since thats was really your point, right?

The term “smaller school” implies that we are a smallER school than the one being compared to. Thats it. Thats all of it. You are reading WAY to much into this.

It doesnt mean we are a small school, or small time, or whatever other grave insult you feel it might mean. It just means we are a smaller school than UNC-CH. And guess what? We are. In almost every metric possible we are a smaller school than UNC-CH. But a s*** load of schools are smaller than UNC-CH. A s*** load of really good schools. Its not an insult.

Its amazing you are getting worked up over this.[/quote]

I’m amazed at the lack of reading comprehension skills on this board. Its called “context” guys…look it up. If you guys really believe that the original post had anything to do with the actual size of the 2 campus’, then OK----I give up. You win… ::slight_smile:

Do you seriously think we’re as high profile as Chapel Hill, 919R?

Nope…but if this is the argument then why all the responses to me claiming he only meant we were “smaller” (ie; enrollment) and nothing more?

Nope…but if this is the argument then why all the responses to me claiming he only meant we were “smaller” (ie; enrollment) and nothing more?[/quote]
So if you agree that UNC-CH is larger in profile too, then what are we arguing about?

Nope…but if this is the argument then why all the responses to me claiming he only meant we were “smaller” (ie; enrollment) and nothing more?[/quote]

Dude, by smaller school, I meant lower profile, less prestigous, basically a “not as good” program where he could actually get some PT whether it be Charlotte, Wilmington, ECU, App, Davidson, WCU, Richmond, GW, etc. If I didn’t explain myself properly, I apologize, but everyone on the board got my meaning, well, almost.

Hell, I think I like smaller than my other descriptions of us and others.

BTW, I am not obsessed with your sex life, but I hope you do get laid soon. I’m a team player, I’m pulling for you and everyone else on the board.

Dude, by smaller school, I meant lower profile, less prestigous, basically a “not as good” program where he could actually get some PT whether it be Charlotte, Wilmington, ECU, App, Davidson, WCU, Richmond, GW, etc. If I didn’t explain myself properly, I apologize, but everyone on the board got my meaning, well, almost.

Hell, I think I like smaller than my other descriptions of us and others.

BTW, I am not obsessed with your sex life, but I hope you do get laid soon. I’m a team player, I’m pulling for you and everyone else on the board.[/quote]

Thanks, I appreciate the vote of confidence.

So if you agree that UNC-CH is larger in profile too, then what are we arguing about?[/quote]

Who’s arguing?..but my point was the VERY LAST thing our own fans need to do is to label our school or athletic teams as “small” which I took Hootie’s post to be doing and still do, but hey this is a message board to post opinions, etc. Why the hell do some of you guys have to get so freakin’ personal. I guarantee you wouldn’t if we were speaking face-to-face (and NO, that was NOT an invitation to meet at the ATM)…unless you want to… ;D

So if you agree that UNC-CH is larger in profile too, then what are we arguing about?[/quote]

Who’s arguing?..but my point was the VERY LAST thing our own fans need to do is to label our school or athletic teams as “small” which I took Hootie’s post to be doing and still do, but hey this is a message board to post opinions, etc. Why the hell do some of you guys have to get so freakin’ personal. I guarantee you wouldn’t if we were speaking face-to-face (and NO, that was NOT an invitation to meet at the ATM)…unless you want to… ;D[/quote]

Dude, I’ll buy you beers all night at Pics and talk about bball. I hate to say this, but the school ain’t small (you’re right on that point), but our athletic programs at this point are. That’s the way it is, I hope it changes, hell, I’m all for it.

And BTW, I’m not a keyboard cowboy, let’s talk hoops, but be prepared, I’ve forgot more than most people know about the game. Ask anybody that knows me…

i thought you were a dookie.

i’m hoping football puts a stop to some of these “discussions” at this time of the year.

i thought you were a dookie.[/quote]

and WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

In my opinion, this thread is pretty dumb.