Small School Debate

AGREE!!

AGREE!![/quote]

me 2.

sigh. I guess we’re known as the “forty whiners” for a reason.

Nope…but if this is the argument then why all the responses to me claiming he only meant we were “smaller” (ie; enrollment) and nothing more?[/quote]
So if you agree that UNC-CH is larger in profile too, then what are we arguing about?[/quote]

Who’s arguing?..but my point was the VERY LAST thing our own fans need to do is to label our school or athletic teams as “small” which I took Hootie’s post to be doing and still do, but hey this is a message board to post opinions, etc. Why the hell do some of you guys have to get so freakin’ personal. I guarantee you wouldn’t if we were speaking face-to-face (and NO, that was NOT an invitation to meet at the ATM)…unless you want to… ;D[/quote]

Dude, I’ll buy you beers all night at Pics and talk about bball. I hate to say this, but the school ain’t small (you’re right on that point), but our athletic programs at this point are. That’s the way it is, I hope it changes, hell, I’m all for it.

And BTW, I’m not a keyboard cowboy, let’s talk hoops, but be prepared, I’ve forgot more than most people know about the game. Ask anybody that knows me…[/quote]

Wow, and your modest too… ;D

you’re*

you’re*[/quote]
No, you are.

you’re*[/quote]

Thanks… :-[

you’re*[/quote]

Why argue about our school amongst ourselves when we can make fun of App St. fans in an article about this same kid?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/08/19/1630793/smoky-mtn-6-8-forward-will-walk.html

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:49, topic:23765”]Why argue about our school amongst ourselves when we can make fun of App St. fans in an article about this same kid?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/08/19/1630793/smoky-mtn-6-8-forward-will-walk.html[/quote]

The comments on this article are why I hate App State. They think so much of their school.

So I was talking to a Senior at App on Wednesday and she said she got in a car accident. She knows I am a lawyer. She asked me what she should do because she went to the doctor so I told her to get a personal injury attorney. She asked several times and I continued to tell her to get an attorney.

Well on Thursday she called me to ask me for advice again. This time I said, Ruby, I told you to get a lawyer.

She said, “lawyer? yesterday you kept telling me to get an attorney and today you are telling me to get a lawyer!

App St is clearly the premier institution in the state.

I feel the same way, app is not a bad school, Boone is a fun town, but the perception from some of their grads and fans is about as out of this world as the tar holes.

[quote=“CharlotteSAA2013, post:50, topic:23765”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:49, topic:23765”]Why argue about our school amongst ourselves when we can make fun of App St. fans in an article about this same kid?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/08/19/1630793/smoky-mtn-6-8-forward-will-walk.html[/quote]

The comments on this article are why I hate App State. They think so much of their school.[/quote]

I hope that one asshole tries an academics smack down with me. I’m just waiting to open up on him. They better stick to football as a topic.

you’re*[/quote]

No. He got it write. You spell YOUR Y-O-U-R. Aint you never used spell check?

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:52, topic:23765”][quote=“CharlotteSAA2013, post:50, topic:23765”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:49, topic:23765”]Why argue about our school amongst ourselves when we can make fun of App St. fans in an article about this same kid?

The comments on this article are why I hate App State. They think so much of their school.[/quote]

I hope that one asshole tries an academics smack down with me. I’m just waiting to open up on him. They better stick to football as a topic.[/quote]

I will never have any respect for App State football until they move into a real conference and have success. I went to the App State-Western game last year(my gf goes to App unfortunately) and the game was horribly boring, neither team could pass, run or do anything. I left right after half time.
And Armanti Edwards is so far a joke. I’m tired of App fans talking about him with such an infatuation. I saw him on the 1st day of Panthers training camp and was not impressed. He drops balls like a mofo. Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to get a guy that hasn’t played receiver in like 6 years.

[quote=“Ninercentral, post:51, topic:23765”]So I was talking to a Senior at App on Wednesday and she said she got in a car accident. She knows I am a lawyer. She asked me what she should do because she went to the doctor so I told her to get a personal injury attorney. She asked several times and I continued to tell her to get an attorney.

Well on Thursday she called me to ask me for advice again. This time I said, Ruby, I told you to get a lawyer.

She said, “lawyer? yesterday you kept telling me to get an attorney and today you are telling me to get a lawyer!

App St is clearly the premier institution in the state.

I feel the same way, app is not a bad school, Boone is a fun town, but the perception from some of their grads and fans is about as out of this world as the tar holes.[/quote]

Yes, App’s admission standards have skyrocketed since their win over Michigan. I know someone who went there a year or two after their win over Michigan and was disappointed when they didn’t win the national championship. He was a history major at App, now he has transfered to Charlotte. lol. I’ll try to convert him.

I honestly believe that since their admission standards have risen so much that their students are of a higher caliber than the facilities, programs, etc(which isn’t saying a whole lot).

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:52, topic:23765”][quote=“CharlotteSAA2013, post:50, topic:23765”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:49, topic:23765”]Why argue about our school amongst ourselves when we can make fun of App St. fans in an article about this same kid?

I hope that one asshole tries an academics smack down with me. I’m just waiting to open up on him. They better stick to football as a topic.[/quote]

App fans never disappoint with their arrogance:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/08/19/1630793/smoky-mtn-6-8-forward-will-walk.html