Soccer/Futbol thread ⚽

Damnit. This dude beat me to the punch.

:rofl:

2 Likes

Shit getting out of hand in the Argentina vs Netherlands game:

Messi has been flopping like crazy. I usually like him, but he is trying to win an Oscar in this match.

Holy shit the equalizer for the Dutch in the last minute of injury time!

So damn sneaky!

Soccer is soooo boring. :rofl:
Wonder what the random yellow card in the middle of the shootout was about.

What. The. Fuck.

Grant was healthy. What happened here???

Can definitely understand his brother’s speculation about foul play.

Read his book. Good writer. This is a loss and I’m pray no foul play.

That Arg Neth game was really good but could have been even better if the player didn’t act like pure dicks from the OT on… I mean Messi even going over to the Dutch coach after and talking shit, I was kind of wanting him to get his only WC victory but after all that extra curricular hope Croatia beat them.

The two south American teams sure played with a lot less sportsmanship than their European opponents today.

Portugal were pretty shameless in their diving and then running to the ref in the game today. Glad to see them knocked out. Referee has to start giving yellow cards for it if we ever want to see it stop.

Great tribute by DeCourcy:

There’s history between Messi and Van Gaal. In an past interview, Van Gaal pretty much blamed Messi for Barcelona not winning the Champions League since 2015. Which in nonsense to anyone that know Messi basically carried those teams during those years. Before this particular match, Van Gaal again said that Messi did little to help his team (Argentina). Messi is an introvert by nature, so things like that are often not responded to until much later, if at all. Given the intense match and dramatic outcome, Messi apparently found the opportune time to respond.