Soccer/Futbol thread ⚽

Interesting the story about Reyna comes out now. I wonder what he actually did. Coach could have avoided all the “why isn’t Reyna playing” nonsense if this had come out earlier.

1 Like

clt says we need to fire berhalter and bring in Lutz

comedy central GIF by Drunk History

Watching Argentina vs Croatia - GK just took down ARG player in the box. PK and yellow card. I agree with both. But then Messi gets to take the PK and not the player that got fouled. I still strongly dislike that rule.

2 Likes

This is why getting your story out first is so important. I admittedly know very little about the politics behind international soccer. But everyone was furious Reyna wasn’t playing. The coach comes out with a story that his attitude was so bad that he almost sent him home and had him apologize to the rest of the team and that narrative has taken off. It doesn’t matter that Reyna has said the coach told him he wouldn’t play much prior to the attitude problem.

The coach got his story out first. It no longer matters which is true. The story line is Reyna is a bad teammate and the coach put him in his place. Even if the truth is that the coach benched one of his best players which led to a young player having trouble controlling his disappointment.

1 Like

France vs. Argentina = Dream final for the World Cup

Man did Morocco just beat up on France. There were so many no-calls for Yellow cards. It was amazing some of the players are still walking. Griezman and Hernandez were bullied hard.

1 Like

Some dude I read about can win $550,000+ from a $26 seven play parlay if France wins

1 Like

Argentina fans loving how bloodied Morocco left France. They also have 1 less day of rest. Messi fans salivating.

clt says the fix is in

Cartoons Button GIF by Nickelodeon

1 Like
1 Like

Flop. BS

clt says this is boring

Well that was an amazing final. Wow.

2 Likes

That game finally came alive when France woke up with about 15-20 minutes left in regulation. It was a roller coaster from them on.

3-3 (4-2)… Can’t ask for much more. Mbappe gets a hat trick, makes his shootout kick, and loses. And he won the Golden Boot too. So while all the coverage will be about Messi, I think he was the star of this World Cup.