Softball thread

LOL at Tarholes! Always someone else’s fault when they lose.

Kelly is one of the Tar Heels who believed the officials missed calls that ultimately cost the team the game. “The umpire just ignored the interference call, and that should’ve ended it,” she said. “If those two plays are called right, we win the game.”

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:1, topic:28750”]http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2014/04/softball0403

Kelly is one of the Tar Heels who believed the officials missed calls that ultimately cost the team the game. “The umpire just ignored the interference call, and that should’ve ended it,” she said. “If those two plays are called right, we win the game.”
[/quote]

well, damn! we just can’t catch a break, can we? now we’ve got to go back and contact all the media outlets that reported it wrong!

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:1, topic:28750”]http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2014/04/softball0403

[/quote] That final play is in the video recap on charlotte 49ers.com. There was not interference, as the base runner has the right to run in the base path. Reminds me of Tar Hole goalkeeper who gave up a goal to Notre Dame in nat'l championship game because "the sun was in my eyes".

Forgot to mention that the Holes intentionally walked the runner who scored the winning run, dropped a sure out throw at home plate, botched an easy grounder to give up an unearned run, and failed to
execute properly the controversial play at first with one out. If they knew what the hell they were doing, that play would have never have anywhere near close.

Finally, the fact that this B. S. made it to print in the Daily Tarhole speaks volumes about their attitude.

P.S. Our team is not exactly a powerhouse. Dem Heels have no business letting us win-good calls or bad.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:3, topic:28750”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:1, topic:28750”]http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2014/04/softball0403

[/quote] That final play is in the video recap on charlotte 49ers.com. There was not interference, as the base runner has the right to run in the base path. Reminds me of Tar Hole goalkeeper who gave up a goal to Notre Dame in nat'l championship game because "the sun was in my eyes".

Forgot to mention that the Holes intentionally walked the runner who scored the winning run, dropped a sure out throw at home plate, botched an easy grounder to give up an unearned run, and failed to
execute properly the controversial play at first with one out. If they knew what the hell they were doing, that play would have never have anywhere near close.

Finally, the fact that this B. S. made it to print in the Daily Tarhole speaks volumes about their attitude.

P.S. Our team is not exactly a powerhouse. Dem Heels have no business letting us win-good calls or bad.[/quote]
I have looked at the play several times, with still frames. It is difficult to see where the second base runner interfered on the play. The ball, by my estimation, was about 12 to 15 feet away from the shortstop (with the ball about 8 feet in the air and coming down) as the runner’s hind leg was leaving the vicinity of where the short stop needed to make the play. It appeared that the runner did not impede the progress of the shortstop’s stride in making a play on the ball. Also, the third-base umpire was right there on the play.

clt yawns. At least our softball players go to class.

Carolina is brutal this hr. Now was the time to get a win. They lost to Cambell too. I coach with their best player last yr, she can’t believe how bad they are.

ALL tarhole teams always expect any close call and any bad call to go their way.

Entitled assholes. Nothing is ever their fault, is it? Enjoy your fake classes.