Softball Watch - New Regime takes the field

good.

Whoever takes this job will have a rebuilding to do that is every bit as tough as Sanchez had. They are going to be paid a lot less to do it too. Maybe a SEC assistant?

Disagree. They actually had 2 first team all CUSA players, including newcomer of the year. Get a damn good pitcher and your fortune in SB can change instantly.

agree. nice thing about softball. youā€™re one player away at all times.

Bout. Damn. Time.

Losing 8 seniors from a 15-35 team screams rebuild.
Pitching can absolutely turn things around in a hurry though.

Charlotte should have made hay while they were in the A10. The northern private schools were not fully funded. UNC system tuition is cheaper than almost every other state school system. NC has softball talent. More/better high school girls play softball here than in the Mid-Atlantic where lacrosse and field hockey have deep roots.

I donā€™t recall any NC team winning a NCAA title. Has any team made a deep run recently?

Are you READY?

For Coach COOLEY?

Not sure who coach Cooley is but I doubt that coach or any other will never beat the all time Devos loss record of 711. Thatā€™s an alltimer.

630-711-2

How in the hell does a coach with a record like that coach taht long!?

Unreal.

Iā€™ll say it againā€¦bout. damn. time.

I bet Hill already has someone in mind since UF won the Softball World Series a few times while he was in Gainesville. I would guess he has some contacts already in mind if not already interviewing.

2 Likes

That sure seems to be the way he approaches this. Time for us to become a Softball stepping stone.

Two words: Judy Rose

I meant Coach Collie (spellcheck) As in our very own Metro!

Coach Collie would be fighting fans by the ATM. Iā€™ll pass.

You guys are slacking on your softball watch.

Some early names being mentioned for the open head coaching position at @ CharlotteSB include 49ers Alum and @ JMUSoftball Associate Head Coach Jennifer Herzig and @ FresnoStateSB Assistant Coach @ Coach_T_Bradley . Both are former DI Head Coaches respectively. # Rounding3rdSB

Watching softball this weekend on ESPN. Couldnā€™t help but notice how many people were at the Florida softball game. Would love to see that type of environment here, and Iā€™m sure thatā€™s what hill wants.

1 Like

Normā€™s Tavern would helpā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

I have no idea if she can coach at all, but plug ā€œCharlotteā€ in everywhere it says ā€œJMUā€ and I will take it. This is the kind of program I think we should have.

Coach Jennifer Herzig:

In her six seasons in Harrisonburg, the Dukes have compiled a 280-70 record, including an 107-11 mark in Colonial Athletic Association play. JMU has set single-season win totals, including a 52-8 record in 2016. She helped the program reach the top 10 in both major softball polls and five NCAA Championship berths. The Dukes have won a game in all five NCAA tournament appearances, including taking the Harrisonburg Regional title in 2016 to advance to the programā€™s first NCAA Super Regional.

(I imagine ECU is poised to make her an offer as soon as she agrees to come here)

4 Likes

:joy::joy:

https://csnbbs.com/thread-861941.html

clt says to post at this chat page. JMU loves Charlotte!