2022 Softball 🥎

The Barefoot part is cool too.

very! welcome, Ms Barefoot!

Transfer from NC State with three years eligibility remaining plus the afformentioned Barefoot.

9 Likes

It’s official.

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/kkrupit/status/1544341496345796608?s=20&t=oMRx2QuLplNptHjOdKUfRw

7 Likes

Is it just me or is our staff recruiting really well?

It’s not just you. They’re killing it. This is a huge area for softball and they are making the most of it.

1 Like

More than upping the talent level, Chastain is actually coaching them to approach their potential. To me, this is more than anything the difference between now and the past. We’ve had enough talent in the past, but it was wasted by lack of strategy and game preparation.

4 Likes
2 Likes

A few softball interviews for those interested.

Ashley Chastain:

Taylor Wike:

Kassidy Krupit:

Lots of good info here.

Sounds like they are planning to break ground on the new softball clubhouse in January and get a new scoreboard before the season starts.

5 Likes
6 Likes

I think they are going to be fun to watch this Spring. The recruiting pipeline they have built is impressive.

2 Likes

Go ladies

1 Like

FWIW, softball defeated Carolina in Columbia Friday night to complete their fall exhibition schedule. https://twitter.com/CharlotteSB/status/1586174272912982020/photo/1

3 Likes

…winning all 6 in the process!

Heck of a Fall!

South Carolina normally is one of the top SEC teams and this should be considered a quality win! Nice fall season and will be fun to follow this year!

I did not see any of the fall schedule. In hindsight, should have skipped some of regular football, soccer, and volleyball games in favor of softball. One can only hope these exhibition wins have meaning and are not exclusively the product of teams wanting to learn first and win second.

5 Likes

Really love the way the coach is hitting the talent in the state!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2023 Softball :softball: