Some random stuff to keep for next year

I donā€™t think Rock really gets the audience hype though. Maybe something like One Step Closer by Linkin Park, but most Rock does nothing to get the crowd going.

[i]Originally posted by 49erFan1[/i]@Apr 14 2005, 08:37 PM [b] I don't think Rock really gets the audience hype though. Maybe something like One Step Closer by Linkin Park, but most Rock does nothing to get the crowd going. [/b]
I disagree. We used to use AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" and it was a great rock intro that had all 2,000 of us on our feet at Independence Arena. :P "Welcome To The Jungle" worked well too. However, one rock (and I use that term VERY loosely) song that did NOT work was Europe's "Final Countdown." What the hell were we thinking with that one??? :blink:

ā€œThunderstruckā€ was my favorite but most of the players/students arenā€™t going to get fired up like some of us older folks who were their age when that song actually came out. :smiley:

Just crank up some Pantera and maybe our guys will finally play ā€œmean.ā€

Why donā€™t we use our own alum, Clay Aiken. We could have him write an original yet edgy track for intros. Iā€™m thinking it would be hugeā€¦and sorta sound like old school Anthraxā€¦or Beastie Boys from the late 80ā€™s.

Manā€¦that would rock.

This presents an interesting question, which team in NC has the best intro music. Actually, which team in the NCAA has the best intro music.

I personally couldnā€™t imagine teams like Savannah St. and Longwood using anything but something like Journeyā€™s ā€œDonā€™t Stop Believingā€

rap music sucks

[b]Why don't we use our own alum, Clay Aiken.[/b]

Please tell me you are kidding, K.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Apr 14 2005, 11:41 PM [b]
[b]Why don't we use our own alum, Clay Aiken.[/b]

Please tell me you are kidding, K. [/b]

Or somebody stole your password.

This presents an interesting question, which team in NC has the best intro music. Actually, which team in the NCAA has the best intro music.

I personally couldnā€™t imagine teams like Savannah St. and Longwood using anything but something like Journeyā€™s ā€œDonā€™t Stop Believingā€

I"m very sorry for bringing back up this thread, but Iā€™ve gotta say Iā€™ve been thinking about Happy Campers post all freaking season long. We are the team that needs to use ā€œDonā€™t stop believingā€

Funny thing is, I laughed at this original post, but now itā€™s us. How sad. :unhappy: