Southern Miss beatwriter: C-USA model failing

Just to kick me in the pants, freaking Coastal is giving USC all they can handle in Columbia.

I give up. Tear down Halton, move back to the Belk Gym and change the name back to UNCC-CC@Charlotte.

Know your role 49ers.

clt says DJ went to coastal. This is an excuse for people to post pics of his wife.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:41, topic:31255”]Just to kick me in the pants, freaking Coastal is giving USC all they can handle in Columbia.

I give up. Tear down Halton, move back to the Belk Gym and change the name back to UNCC-CC@Charlotte.

Know your role 49ers.[/quote]

I get your passion and I was there when we were ranked and on top of CUSA 1.0. I don’t disagree with you about where we should be and who brought us to where we are. However, I am pretty realistic at this point. Coastal, like it or not, was ranked ahead of us in football this year. They are at least 100 freaking points higher than us in RPI for basketball. They are not far removed from a NCAA championship in baseball. It is extremely frustrating to state those facts, but I don’t think that we can say that we are much better than them. Appraising the value of an organization has nothing to do with what you feel like it is worth. It’s value is based on what it is worth today. For our athletics program that means not worth much at all.

Coastal is also expanding their football stadium to 22k before the 2018 kick-off.

I would trade their AD for ours any day.

[quote=“Upstate49er, post:44, topic:31255”]Coastal is also expanding their football stadium to 22k before the 2018 kick-off.

I would trade their AD for ours any day.[/quote]

Not only would I trade ADs with them, but I would throw in some cash too.

I think we still have potential, but not until we get new leadership at the top. We need to worry mainly about getting that new leadership and then see what happens with everything else.

Would a regional conference even want us?