Spirit Back to Halton

Hey Guys!

We would like for all of you to help us promote our upcoming A10 match ups to your friends and co-workers with this great offer. I know the season isn’t going the way we or coach Bobby Lutz wants it to go, but these guys still need our support. So pass this along and lets bring that spirit back to Halton Arena!

Thanks and remember wear Green and Go Niners!

[QUOTE=Jason4Life32;209648]Hey Guys!

We would like for all of you to help us promote our upcoming A10 match ups to your friends and co-workers with this great offer. I know the season isn’t going the way we or coach Bobby Lutz wants it to go, but these guys still need our support. So pass this along and lets bring that spirit back to Halton Arena!

Thanks and remember wear Green and Go Niners![/QUOTE]

The only thing that is going to bring people back to the seats is winning. I don’t see that in the near future.

The only thing that is going to bring people back to the seats is winning. I don't see that in the near future.

Or a Top 25 team, oh i don’t see that either.

[QUOTE=ninerID;209653]Or a Top 25 team, oh i don’t see that either.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Wofford or St Bony isn’t in the Top 25? At least Furman is.

OUR SCHEDULE BLOWS

Fortunately there will be a break in conference action, as RPI #304 Louisiana Lafayette will come in to halton.

Things are looking pretty bleak, especially if Phil Jones leaves. Our recruiting losses continue to hurt our once bright future.

Softball season begins February 10. :clap:

Nice idea…but I haven’t been able to give away extra or unused tickets to friends/coworkers in the past years. There is NO WAY I could ask friends to pay this year. I wouldn’t have friends.

This is somewhat related but…

Those adds that run in the Observer are really un-appealing and I would advise changing the font or something and maybe taking the women’s games off of it. It doesn’t entice me to want to go to the game. I think they are worse than our front entrance sign. I suggest re-designing these adds.

[QUOTE=Jason4Life32;209648]Hey Guys!

Thanks and remember wear Green and Go Niners![/QUOTE]

The family pack is and was one of the best ideas the marketing department has had. It was jam packed for the St. Joe’s game. In addition to being cheap, it’s also a great commodity to know your kids wont be subjected to fans screaming obscenities at the refs, and that your kid wont be annoying the people around you.

Again, once in a while, we hit the nail on the head. This is one of those types of ideas. Kudos to our staff.

I’m not trying to be negative but this was suggested long ago. It’s been done for years for events at the Greensboro Coliseum, but it’s a “[B]4 for $40[/B]” deal. They have done it for Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill games there as well as for the ACC women’s tournament.

It will also be done on Wednesday night for the Virginia Tech-UNC Greensboro doubleheader. THey are expecting a decent crowd then not for who is playing but because $2 of each ticket is going to support Easten Guilford High School (fire destroyed on 11/1). The students and staff are getting free tickets, compliments of the ACC.

sunday games, two games in a row, no name teams, several games while students are gone…

This is why the spirit is gone.

Oh yeah, winning.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;209681]Nice idea…but I haven’t been able to give away extra or unused tickets to friends/coworkers in the past years. There is NO WAY I could ask friends to pay this year. I wouldn’t have friends.[/QUOTE]

Notice “Family Pack”, with FAMILY being the key word here. The kids don’t care win or lose as long as they have fun. Everyone family in the University area needs to know about this deal.

Of course, winning is everything in college sports but Alums and families should come out no matter what.

I think they may have it priced a bit high though, Lefty. Granted there is food in this package but as an example, Wake Forest sold the end sections as a season-ticket for $89 for 6 games and a “Four for $99” package (2 adults, 2 kids) for the endzone hill in WInston-Salem. Talk about something the kids love, as Jimmyhat and Over40 can attest to is playing on Deacon Hill. As a reference, individual tickets for the Va Tech game were $40, Clemson, $35.

Get the butts in the seats for 1/2 the price, market it like crazy to every community group in Mecklenburg, Cabarrus and Union counties.

I think they may have it priced a bit high though, Lefty. Granted there is food in this package but as an example, Wake Forest sold the end sections as a season-ticket for $89 for 6 games and a "Four for $99" package (2 adults, 2 kids) for the endzone hill in WInston-Salem. Talk about something the kids love, as Jimmyhat and Over40 can attest to is playing on Deacon Hill. As a reference, individual tickets for the Va Tech game were $40, Clemson, $35.

Get the butts in the seats for 1/2 the price, market it like crazy to every community group in Mecklenburg, Cabarrus and Union counties.

Agreed… Make it as cheap as you have to in order to get butts in the seats. What does it matter what they sell for since they would otherwise be empty?

Cheap Tickets = More fans = More possible home wins = More fans = More money

Some of those kids attending our games on those family packs may grow up to be Niner fans forever. Some of their parents may too. Not to mention, Halton looks awfully depressing when all those seats are empty.

One thing i don’t understand is why i never see:

The Charlotte 49ers welcome
Boy Scouts Troop #xxxx
First Baptist Church of XXXX Youth Group
etc.,etc.

I remember as a kid going to a Wake Forest football game with RA’s from church.

How do you get much cheaper than this deal? Its obvious the department is trying to attract families to come out and watch Niner basketball in hopes to get the young generation hooked on Charlotte athletics rather than other Carolina college athletics.

I’m pretty sure the department has extended a hand to every YMCA and youth group from South Charlotte to Hickory to Kannapolis. Its pretty much unanimous that to pack Halton it always helps to have a good team and play those top tier teams.

Its pretty much unanimous that to pack Halton it always helps to have a good team and play those top tier teams.

Exactly