Spotlight: Major Era Starts Friday

From the university homepage http://home.uncc.edu/spotlight/2010/major-era-starts-friday

Goddamned mustard ass son of a bitch >:(

Is there usually a rack of Basketball’s near the court like in that pic?

Did we ever find out who that dick was?

Was probably when the team ran out.

good thing they only showed the first 5 rows!! b/c the crickets aren’t tall enough to see the game!

seriously though. I would say that this may be the lowest turnout ever for a game in halton. sadly

[quote=“dejavu, post:5, topic:24295”]good thing they only showed the first 5 rows!! b/c the crickets aren’t tall enough to see the game!

seriously though. I would say that this may be the lowest turnout ever for a game in halton. sadly[/quote]

I think you are mistaken. That looks like a “White-Out” game against Xavier…typically have had great attendance the past couple years.

EDIT: I re-read your post and I guess you mean for the upcoming game tomorrow. I was referring to the picture posted. Sorry for any confusion. I’m a total “rook” as they say.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%]no thats not what i’m saying. I’m sure that game was packed. I’m referring to our 4pm season opener on friday that they are advertising. could be the lowest turnout ever not only for a home opener but a game period in halton, well not counting that stupid [/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=12px]Christmas[/size][/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=78%] tournament, a few years back, but that doesen’t really count.[/size][/font]

agreed. terrible timing

I like it, but I’m partial. Front and center, baby.

[quote=“emf, post:1, topic:24295”]From the university homepage http://home.uncc.edu/spotlight/2010/major-era-starts-friday

[/quote]

I have no idea what I’m doing with my arm at this point in time.

Why at the end of the Major article in the O does it have in parantheses that we haven’t played our Meck rival Davidson since '07. >:D It’s almost like they’re trying to subtly blame it on us, when we know it’s D-son’s fault. :o I just scanned through the D-Son article, but I didn’t see any haven’t played us since '07 references. :stuck_out_tongue:

F that dude. Seriously.

You act like you are surprised.

So before everyone murders me just know I am playing devil’s advocate here:

Just a theory but I noticed that the general consensus around here is that the O has been lacking in support of Charlotte, the hometown team. I for one agree with this. However, one thing that I have seen is a recent effort by the paper, namely David Scott, to give the Niners more support. His articles have been more frequent and have had more substance than I ever saw from Jim Utter. Everyone complained when there was no A-10 preview. Then everyone complained that when the preview did come out that it was garbage. Now that for sure was not even close to the best A-10 preview I’ve seen this year but I did see an effort. We asked for a preview, we got one. Maybe someone at the O is actually trying to hear us, listen to our criticisms. IMHO if I was a new column writer/editor for the local school and I was trying to take in everyone’s complaints and criticisms, I could see being disappointed in trying to please an audience incapable of being pleased. I just think it would be better to try and give constructive criticism to the paper/writer/editor on ways to enhance our reading experience rather than constantly bashing the paper over and again. It seems like that would only further give them reason to throw us the cold shoulder. Once again, I’m not an O supporter. Just something I noticed.

[quote=“HXC Niner, post:14, topic:24295”]So before everyone murders me just know I am playing devil’s advocate here:

Just a theory but I noticed that the general consensus around here is that the O has been lacking in support of Charlotte, the hometown team. I for one agree with this. However, one thing that I have seen is a recent effort by the paper, namely David Scott, to give the Niners more support. His articles have been more frequent and have had more substance than I ever saw from Jim Utter. Everyone complained when there was no A-10 preview. Then everyone complained that when the preview did come out that it was garbage. Now that for sure was not even close to the best A-10 preview I’ve seen this year but I did see an effort. We asked for a preview, we got one. Maybe someone at the O is actually trying to hear us, listen to our criticisms. IMHO if I was a new column writer/editor for the local school and I was trying to take in everyone’s complaints and criticisms, I could see being disappointed in trying to please an audience incapable of being pleased. I just think it would be better to try and give constructive criticism to the paper/writer/editor on ways to enhance our reading experience rather than constantly bashing the paper over and again. It seems like that would only further give them reason to throw us the cold shoulder. Once again, I’m not an O supporter. Just something I noticed.[/quote]

I agree with your Scott > Utter assessment, but to get a better understanding of the overall issue, you may want to read this thread.

http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=28083.msg492032;topicseen#new