St Patty's Parade w/ The Normbulance

THIS weekend! Word from the AD Norm will be with us and they are 99% sure some Dusters will join us!!! We have 10 people thus far plus Norm and the Dusters. This is your chance to hang out with a Golduster!

Somebody please post some video of this here and on FB. 8)

Green Roots/Normbulance St Patty’s Parade Details!
WELCOME! This year the St. Patrick’s Day Parade will take place on Saturday, March 16, 2013 and it promises to be the best parade ever! This detail sheet should have all the information needed for your group to have a great time. Event Staff will ask for the group number when people come into the staging area to help everyone get to their designated spot.
OUR GROUP NUMBER IS - #56
FROM THE ORGANIZERS: Please read this section carefully. The St. Patrick’s Day Parade is a non-political, family friendly parade to celebrate the Irish heritage and musical influence. We expect all participating groups to maintain the highest standards in representing your groups. In particular we wanted to point out a few items that MUST be adhered to. Violations are grounds to remove your group from the parade line-up and refusal of your group to march in the parade next year.

1.        No political or advocacy/cause banners are permitted in the parade.

2.        Costumes must be in good taste and not potentially offensive. We reserve the right to remove any offenders. Remember, we have lots of kids at this event.

3.        All groups are allowed ONE sign or banner to identify their group.

4.        If you are a commercial entry, you are limited to the name of your company.

5.        No paper items are to be handed out (flyers/coupons/etc.)

6.        NO THROWING OF ANY KIND!!! This is the most important item. Your group can hand out items directly to the crowd, but do not throw anything. Also, you must be outside of your vehicle to hand the items out. No one can approach your vehicle from the crowd. We have lots of kids here & safety is the #1 issue.

FROM GREENT ROOTS: Please… PLEASE… Make sure you wear something 49er related! Green if possible!
DATE/TIME: Saturday, March 16, 2013. Step-Off is at 11:00 a.m. The last unit in line will complete the parade no later than 1:00 p.m.
ROUTE: We have expanded the length of the parade this year to accommodate the growing number of spectators. We will assemble in the FORMATION AREA listed below and the Parade will start from North Tyron & 9th Street at 11:00 a.m. sharp. The Parade will march south to 3rd Street and then turn left on 3rd St… It will then march to Caldwell St. where it will disband.
FORMATION AREA: Last year we increased the size of the FORMATION AREA extending on North Tryon St. from 9th St. past 11th Street to where Church Street splits off to the right. We will also be using Phifer Street between N. Tryon St. and College, 10th Street from N. Tryon to Church St, 11th Street from College to Church Streets and the Hal Marshall parking lot.
We also changed the line up times last year in an effort to reduce the congestion and confusion in the FORMATION AREA. We want motorized vehicles and floats to start coming in at 9:30 a.m. This will give us more space to stage the vehicles and floats. We want the marching units to start coming in at 10:00 a.m. All units should plan on being in their line up position by 10:30 a.m. at the latest.
PLEASE PLAN ON JOINING THE NORMBULANCE AS THE ASSIGNED AREA BETWEEN 9:30AM and 10:00AM!
This year the size of the FORMATION AREA is the same as last year extending on North Tryon Street from 9th Street past 11th Street to where Church Street splits off to the right from North Tryon Street. We will also be using 10th Street between Tryon & Church Streets, Phifer Street between Tryon and College Streets, 11th Street from College to Church Streets and the Hal Marshall Parking Lot. The MAIN ENTRANCE to the staging area is on the north side where Church and College Streets intersect with North Tryon Street.
Here is how we would like you to line up:
Positions 1-7, 8-17, 18-29, 66-74, 75-84 and 125-129 will line up on Tryon Street and should enter from the North Tryon, College and Church St. connection on the North side heading towards downtown.
Positions P51-58, and P63-P65 are in the Hal Marshall Parking Lot and can enter the Parking Lot coming off College Street or coming up Tryon Street from the North entrance as above.
[size=78%]Please make sure you follow these directions. By following these directions you will be lined up in your correct space and direction. There could be some unforeseen changes in the location of your Number, check with the volunteer lining up the parade with any questions. They will be wearing white or yellow & green letters with EVENT STAFF on the shirts. There will be members of the Knights of Columbus there to help you find your position. We have sent you detailed instructions in a separate e-mail, but if you have any questions, please ask now.[/size]

Finally, we go rain or shine.
Rodney Graves (HotRod): 704-995-3285
Rob Dibble (NWA and Normbulance Owner): 704-674-7976

Are we not taking action to jump up about 7 spots??

LOL I thought about it! Next year we can request #49

Own that shit tomorrow NWA… and anybody riding with him.

I expect pictures.

I hope you guys are through before 1:30 when we play in the Semi-Finals.

Parade wraps at 1:00 - just need to find a TV which shouldnt be hard in downtown. I haven’t watched a game since we lost to Bonnies so not sure I will watch anyway.

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:26, topic:27562”]Own that s*** tomorrow NWA… and anybody riding with him.

I expect pictures.[/quote]

Will do - if big booty duster shows up I might have to send my wife out ;D

Just confirmed appearances from Norm and min of 3 Dusters with Kickoff Koozies for the crowd!!!

Parade went great. For 50 bucks we spread Niner Nation to over 80k people. Anyone who thinks we can’t lay claim to this market doesn’t know squat. The reception from the crowd was stellar. We just have to do a better job of connecting with them and then staying in front of them. I was on the PA system announcing the first game and EVERY time I said YOUR Charlotte 49ers kick off for the VERY FIRST TIME - the entire crowd yelled and cheered. This city wants to love us and can love us and will adopt us - we just have to think more like Charlotte and less like Concord as a school with how we reach out to the metro area. After this event my conviction on how we can own this market has only grown. We can’t expect people to come knock down our door - so we have to go knock down theirs.

This will be a new tradition. Big thanks to everyone that came out… We made a huge impact.

Oh and with Ninernation.net on the side hopefully we drove a few new posters to the site!

Coworker said she saw us in the parade. I asked what was the crowd saying when they saw us?

“[font=Segoe UI][size=10pt]very cool and lots of omg ambulance, that’s so great, comments!”[/size][/font]

Great job everyone!

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:33, topic:27562”]Coworker said she saw us in the parade. I asked what was the crowd saying when they saw us?

“[font=segoe ui][size=10pt]very cool and lots of omg ambulance, that’s so great, comments!”[/size][/font][/quote]

and I’m sure:

“The 49ers? Are they a new semi-pro team or something?”

“Oh cool UNC! Go Heels!”

“What is this? A School here? UNCC? Don’t we already have CPCC? Why a second community college?”

“Why is the UNC ambulance green?”

“Are they division 1?”

All jokes aside, great job everyone!! You guys represented our school and teams well!

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:31, topic:27562”]Parade went great. For 50 bucks we spread Niner Nation to over 80k people. Anyone who thinks we can’t lay claim to this market doesn’t know squat. The reception from the crowd was stellar. We just have to do a better job of connecting with them and then staying in front of them. I was on the PA system announcing the first game and EVERY time I said YOUR Charlotte 49ers kick off for the VERY FIRST TIME - the entire crowd yelled and cheered. This city wants to love us and can love us and will adopt us - we just have to think more like Charlotte and less like Concord as a school with how we reach out to the metro area. After this event my conviction on how we can own this market has only grown. We can’t expect people to come knock down our door - so we have to go knock down theirs.

This will be a new tradition. Big thanks to everyone that came out… We made a huge impact.

Oh and with Ninernation.net on the side hopefully we drove a few new posters to the site![/quote]

Great job. This city is ours to take. Many on this board like to look at us as “us against them” and that’s just not how the general public sees us. As much as we all hate Chapel Hill, the fact is most Tarheel fans in Charlotte root for the 49ers. The same goes for supporters of any other schools in this area. They just haven’t become rabid fans but will if we give them a reason.

We already own the city when it comes to alumni and the % of alumni will continue to grow. We just need to give our alumni reasons to get back to campus.

It’s only a matter of time.

Again- great work NWA and the rest of the crowd that joined in.

[quote=“ninermike, post:36, topic:27562”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:31, topic:27562”]Parade went great. For 50 bucks we spread Niner Nation to over 80k people. Anyone who thinks we can’t lay claim to this market doesn’t know squat. The reception from the crowd was stellar. We just have to do a better job of connecting with them and then staying in front of them. I was on the PA system announcing the first game and EVERY time I said YOUR Charlotte 49ers kick off for the VERY FIRST TIME - the entire crowd yelled and cheered. This city wants to love us and can love us and will adopt us - we just have to think more like Charlotte and less like Concord as a school with how we reach out to the metro area. After this event my conviction on how we can own this market has only grown. We can’t expect people to come knock down our door - so we have to go knock down theirs.

Oh and with Ninernation.net on the side hopefully we drove a few new posters to the site![/quote]

Great job. This city is ours to take. Many on this board like to look at us as “us against them” and that’s just not how the general public sees us. As much as we all hate Chapel Hill, the fact is most Tarheel fans in Charlotte root for the 49ers. The same goes for supporters of any other schools in this area. They just haven’t become rabid fans but will if we give them a reason.

We already own the city when it comes to alumni and the % of alumni will continue to grow. We just need to give our alumni reasons to get back to campus.

Again- great work NWA and the rest of the crowd that joined in.[/quote]

Agreed. As much as it irks most of us, I do think we are most of the City’s “2nd team.” We just need to give those people a reason to want to come down here and catch a game.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:37, topic:27562”][quote=“ninermike, post:36, topic:27562”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:31, topic:27562”]Parade went great. For 50 bucks we spread Niner Nation to over 80k people. Anyone who thinks we can’t lay claim to this market doesn’t know squat. The reception from the crowd was stellar. We just have to do a better job of connecting with them and then staying in front of them. I was on the PA system announcing the first game and EVERY time I said YOUR Charlotte 49ers kick off for the VERY FIRST TIME - the entire crowd yelled and cheered. This city wants to love us and can love us and will adopt us - we just have to think more like Charlotte and less like Concord as a school with how we reach out to the metro area. After this event my conviction on how we can own this market has only grown. We can’t expect people to come knock down our door - so we have to go knock down theirs.

Again- great work NWA and the rest of the crowd that joined in.[/quote]

Agreed. As much as it irks most of us, I do think we are most of the City’s “2nd team.” We just need to give those people a reason to want to come down here and catch a game.[/quote]

Thanks for joining us! I hope next year the size of our group grows.

Thanks for putting this together! It was a great time! Several folks have told me that they saw us in the parade. I was surprised at how many people were there honestly. This is a big deal!

I’ve got some amazing shots with the crowd in the background. I’ll post shortly.