Stadium expansion and 2015 opener?

I donā€™t expect that anyone would have a problem with that scenario, 49r9r. However, regardless of if we are in CUSA, the AAC, the ACC, or the SEC, if we donā€™t string together seasons where we are winning 8+ games by 2020, the fanbase is going to get impatient very quick and we wont draw well regardless of our competition. That hope may not be realisticā€¦but our fans are fickle.

Demand will be driven by winning, and thatā€™s it.

[quote=ā€œjfickett, post:41, topic:28757ā€]I donā€™t expect that anyone would have a problem with that scenario, 49r9r. However, regardless of if we are in CUSA, the AAC, the ACC, or the SEC, if we donā€™t string together seasons where we are winning 8+ games by 2020, the fanbase is going to get impatient very quick and we wont draw well regardless of our competition. That hope may not be realisticā€¦but our fans are fickle.

Demand will be driven by winning, and thatā€™s it.[/quote]

For sure. If we canā€™t build a winning FBS team this decade, which is a real possibility, we will need to create a top notch gameday environment. I may be unrealistic, but I think with a solid marching band, night games, and a good tailgating environment, we will be able to consistently draw 20,000, even if the team is at or below .500. I do believe it will take success on the field to get anymore than that.

25,000 should be easy provided it is properly marketed, the gameday experience is high, and pricing stays in check.

Weā€™re doomedā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Weā€™re doomedā€¦ :p[/quote]

Prob need to put a winning product on the field too.

Weā€™re doomedā€¦ :p[/quote]

LOL. You may have a point there.

Actually, winning should be a tremendous help too.

In what scenario or time frame could we almost fill a 40k stadium? Playing an acc or sec school that travels really well? Being ranked? Maybe in 20 years after students are cycled in and out as students and become alums?

Maybe Iā€™m not seeing the big picture but I think filling 40k stadium to niners game is almost unrealistic. Unless we start having huge bcs success of course. I hope Iā€™m wrong, would be cool to see a 40k+ sold out stadium.

[quote=ā€œcibik02, post:47, topic:28757ā€]In what scenario or time frame could we almost fill a 40k stadium? Playing an acc or sec school that travels really well? Being ranked? Maybe in 20 years after students are cycled in and out as students and become alums?

Maybe Iā€™m not seeing the big picture but I think filling 40k stadium to niners game is almost unrealistic. Unless we start having huge bcs success of course. I hope Iā€™m wrong, would be cool to see a 40k+ sold out stadium.[/quote]

With an enrollment of 26K+, and a local alumni base of nearly 100K its not a crazy concept. Winning is the answer.

P.Sā€¦ Iā€™m glad you werenā€™t responsible for the football sales pitch to the UNC system board.

[quote=ā€œcibik02, post:47, topic:28757ā€]In what scenario or time frame could we almost fill a 40k stadium? Playing an acc or sec school that travels really well? Being ranked? Maybe in 20 years after students are cycled in and out as students and become alums?

Maybe Iā€™m not seeing the big picture but I think filling 40k stadium to niners game is almost unrealistic. Unless we start having huge bcs success of course. I hope Iā€™m wrong, would be cool to see a 40k+ sold out stadium.[/quote]

clt says we offer $1 sloppy joe sandwiches.

[quote=ā€œs9er, post:48, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œcibik02, post:47, topic:28757ā€]In what scenario or time frame could we almost fill a 40k stadium? Playing an acc or sec school that travels really well? Being ranked? Maybe in 20 years after students are cycled in and out as students and become alums?

With an enrollment of 26K+, and a local alumni base of nearly 100K its not a crazy concept. Winning is the answer.

P.Sā€¦ Iā€™m glad you werenā€™t responsible for the football sales pitch to the UNC system board.[/quote]

Yea, but with all that you stated above we canā€™t even fill a 9,500 seat Halton. I know theyā€™re two different sports, but our AD hasnā€™t exactly made strong pitches to potential donors and ticket buyers.

No one more than doubles the size of their stadium when they expand. Itā€™s more like they add an additional 10-20% seating. Just going to 25,000 would be a significant increase for us.

If they ever want to fill up to 25K and beyond, the better make 3:30 and 7 the standard game times with Noon being an exception (you know for womenā€™s volleyball games).

The non-diehards see a Noon kickoff as an obstacle more than anything. It would help pull in more the alums who donā€™t live in Charlotte by giving them time to travel.

[quote=ā€œCharSFNiners, post:50, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:48, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œcibik02, post:47, topic:28757ā€]In what scenario or time frame could we almost fill a 40k stadium? Playing an acc or sec school that travels really well? Being ranked? Maybe in 20 years after students are cycled in and out as students and become alums?

P.Sā€¦ Iā€™m glad you werenā€™t responsible for the football sales pitch to the UNC system board.[/quote]

Yea, but with all that you stated above we canā€™t even fill a 9,500 seat Halton. I know theyā€™re two different sports, but our AD hasnā€™t exactly made strong pitches to potential donors and ticket buyers.[/quote]

Our basketball program is a dumpster fireā€¦ If we win, there will be asses in seatsā€¦ Football is a different animal all together as far as butts in seats goes.

[quote=ā€œs9er, post:53, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œCharSFNiners, post:50, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:48, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œcibik02, post:47, topic:28757ā€]In what scenario or time frame could we almost fill a 40k stadium? Playing an acc or sec school that travels really well? Being ranked? Maybe in 20 years after students are cycled in and out as students and become alums?

Yea, but with all that you stated above we canā€™t even fill a 9,500 seat Halton. I know theyā€™re two different sports, but our AD hasnā€™t exactly made strong pitches to potential donors and ticket buyers.[/quote]

Our basketball program is a dumpster fireā€¦ If we win, there will be asses in seatsā€¦ Football is a different animal all together as far as butts in seats goes.[/quote]

Not to mention the tailgating/social aspect

[quote=ā€œNewNiner, post:54, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:53, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œCharSFNiners, post:50, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:48, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œcibik02, post:47, topic:28757ā€]In what scenario or time frame could we almost fill a 40k stadium? Playing an acc or sec school that travels really well? Being ranked? Maybe in 20 years after students are cycled in and out as students and become alums?

Our basketball program is a dumpster fireā€¦ If we win, there will be asses in seatsā€¦ Football is a different animal all together as far as butts in seats goes.[/quote]

Not to mention the tailgating/social aspect[/quote]

I went to zero basketball games this year, but made sure to hit every football gameā€¦ Football is an event, basketball is a game.

[quote=ā€œs9er, post:55, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œNewNiner, post:54, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:53, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œCharSFNiners, post:50, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:48, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œcibik02, post:47, topic:28757ā€]In what scenario or time frame could we almost fill a 40k stadium? Playing an acc or sec school that travels really well? Being ranked? Maybe in 20 years after students are cycled in and out as students and become alums?

I went to zero basketball games this year, but made sure to hit every football gameā€¦ Football is an event, basketball is a game.[/quote]People like to say this, but evidence all across the country proves that if you suck, it doesnā€™t matter how much of an event it is, people stop going.

[quote=ā€œNiner National, post:56, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:55, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œNewNiner, post:54, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:53, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œCharSFNiners, post:50, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:48, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œcibik02, post:47, topic:28757ā€]In what scenario or time frame could we almost fill a 40k stadium? Playing an acc or sec school that travels really well? Being ranked? Maybe in 20 years after students are cycled in and out as students and become alums?

I went to zero basketball games this year, but made sure to hit every football gameā€¦ Football is an event, basketball is a game.[/quote]People like to say this, but evidence all across the country proves that if you suck, it doesnā€™t matter how much of an event it is, people stop going.[/quote]

Plenty of people attend football for just the tailgating and go home. Thatā€™s not selling tickets or making the crowd look any better. My point is, if you lose, you lose everywhere, and even with the way our AD markets our sports, I wouldnā€™t expect to fill a 25k or 40k stadium. Hell, they didnā€™t even advertise the spring game.

[quote=ā€œNiner National, post:56, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:55, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œNewNiner, post:54, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:53, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œCharSFNiners, post:50, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:48, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œcibik02, post:47, topic:28757ā€]In what scenario or time frame could we almost fill a 40k stadium? Playing an acc or sec school that travels really well? Being ranked? Maybe in 20 years after students are cycled in and out as students and become alums?

I went to zero basketball games this year, but made sure to hit every football gameā€¦ Football is an event, basketball is a game.[/quote]People like to say this, but evidence all across the country proves that if you suck, it doesnā€™t matter how much of an event it is, people stop going.[/quote]

Not sure how you missed my pointā€¦ but you did

[quote=ā€œs9er, post:58, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œNiner National, post:56, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:55, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œNewNiner, post:54, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:53, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œCharSFNiners, post:50, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:48, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œcibik02, post:47, topic:28757ā€]In what scenario or time frame could we almost fill a 40k stadium? Playing an acc or sec school that travels really well? Being ranked? Maybe in 20 years after students are cycled in and out as students and become alums?

Not sure how you missed my pointā€¦ but you did[/quote]Your point was that people go to football games because it is an event.

My counter point was that there is abundant evidence at other schools to prove that is bullshit.

Talk to me when the football team has gone 10 years without a bowl game. Weā€™ll see how many games youā€™re going to at that point.

[quote=ā€œCharSFNiners, post:57, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œNiner National, post:56, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:55, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œNewNiner, post:54, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:53, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œCharSFNiners, post:50, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œs9er, post:48, topic:28757ā€][quote=ā€œcibik02, post:47, topic:28757ā€]In what scenario or time frame could we almost fill a 40k stadium? Playing an acc or sec school that travels really well? Being ranked? Maybe in 20 years after students are cycled in and out as students and become alums?

Plenty of people attend football for just the tailgating and go home. Thatā€™s not selling tickets or making the crowd look any better. My point is, if you lose, you lose everywhere, and even with the way our AD markets our sports, I wouldnā€™t expect to fill a 25k or 40k stadium. Hell, they didnā€™t even advertise the spring game.[/quote]

A couple thingsā€¦ I donā€™t expect this AD staff to be here for ever, my hope is that the next one can sell the product. Also, if other schools of our size can fill 50-70k stadiums, why canā€™t we? its a long term plan but ā€œjust becauseā€ isnā€™t a reasonable answer. If we win and we stop fucking around and actually market the program(s) we might actually find some interest in the region.

Winning is the key to everything else.