Jerry Richardson Stadium Expansion Approved

9 Likes

Only 18,100 kinda sucks, but the press tower will make a huge difference and I’m glad they’re doing it first

2 Likes

With this initial phase, the stadium’s capacity will increase to 18,170, laying the foundation for future growth. Plans are already in motion for further expansion (Phase 2) to a capacity of 21,000 as additional funds are secured. This phased approach enables Charlotte Athletics to proceed promptly with the project, maintaining momentum while fundraising continues for subsequent phases.

The capacity is a joke but we have FCS and D2 stadiums with bigger and better suited / tower than we have.

I am just as concerned with what is being done on the student side to balance the stadium.

How much $ did we get from the NC Legislature? I assume from what was said we can use it for Phase 1.

I believe we received $25 million from the state to match the gift from Smoky Bissell

https://www.axios.com/local/charlotte/2024/04/18/charlotte-49ers-stadium-expansion-approved

My best guess is this is more of a cash on hand situation. Also, it is likely that the full expansion was logistically close to impossible to do at the same time. Construction would have been phased anyway. This appears to be a really smart move to me. Do what you can as fast as you can.

8 Likes

clt says this is a perfect phase one expansion

3 Likes

Then we should have enough money to pay for Phase 1!

1 Like
1 Like

was in the middle of typing “are there any mock-ups” and there you go! Thank you!

1 Like

clt says this is bigly

I fully expect to see the full Upper level expansion happen in both sides. I know the contractors pitched basically a 2-2.5 yrs timeline. Fall of 25 my typical tailgate spot will be unavailable but the next year I was told construction would be moving to other part so would be back come 26. I think they plan on continuing to fund raise and plan on the full expansion.

6 Likes

Phase 1- 18,426

Phase 1A- 21,180

4 Likes

This is super useful info, thanks NWA

I’m guessing these renderings will be up on easels in the concourse for attendees to look at Saturday.

3 Likes

Keep in mind these were simply renderings not the official build. I know the plans the contractors were working with had been modified during their pitches.

1 Like

Phase 1

Sick Lunch GIF by American Dad

Phase 1a

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

Just happy something is happening. I’ve been contributing into the Evergreen fund since it opened. Good to see the money being spent on something tangible.

1 Like

Never thought I could care less about JRS expansion in any form, but here I am, not giving a damn.