Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker

Kathleen Kennedy needs to go. She’s had issues with Rogue One and Solo, she couldn’t keep a coherent story between these 3, she had to pull Trevorrow, offered Dan and Dave and then got rid of them, Rían Johnson’s trilogy is up in the air. SW management at this point is barely better than DC. Kevin Fegie coming over For a movie hopefully helps with how Lucas properties are developed going forward. There have been talks that Faveru will take over once Kennedy’s contract is done. I’d be ok with that too.

Who ever holds the position has to be able to stand up to Disney. Lucasfilm isn’t the marvel machine, their movies should be events, not one or two a year. It will be interesting to see where this franchise goes.

I found a better way to encapsulate my reaction to this movie.

JJ did an awesome job with nostalgia and bringing a new generation into the fold using some old tricks.

Rian was trying to sell a new and in my opinion compelling and necessary story for Star Wars to grow in the 21st century.

They did not do a good job tying those two together. At all. I think both of them would have been much better off telling their own story.

All of this was better than the prequels.

I also think Rey being a palpatine is dumb, and was a move to appease cranky Star Wars Internet fans. Totally goes against the theme of the series IMO

Babu Frick

Saw the movie today and liked it though I think it could have used some editing for length. Anyway, have to admit that I spend more time following another SW - English musician Steven Wilson.

It was probably the best that could have been done after the abomination of The Last Jedi but it’s so full of holes it’s difficult to sit back and have fun enjoying it. Disney seems to have a talent for sucking all the fun out of things (see ESPN).

I don’t want to be too negative, it was ok but I’m glad they’re taking a break.

1 Like